Pemberton Murder of Transgender (Update August 2020)

J-Divert

• Administrator
Salty Dog

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill H

• SkyMan

• Lee

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I may as well have more people not like what I say when I speak my mind. Maybe I'll bat 1.00?   I was a member of the US Navy for the better part of 12 years from '79 to '91 - enlisted - went

What a joke this trial has become, none of my neighbors (Philippine Citizens) could give a hoot about the transgender that didn't tell this proud young Marine that he had a pair in between his legs an

Excellent idea.  Four Filipino young men murdered a US Marine Major in cold blood.  It was filmed, there is no doubt the four did the crime, two of the four never had charges brought against them, the

Posted Images

SkyMan

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/world/asia/philippines-joseph-scott-pemberton-transgender.html?fbclid=IwAR1MV7paEbaeHAuy871LYzmUHunIk8zuSANGCOo6CgxbV33oLdYAc36v-Cc

U.S. Marine Who Killed Transgender Woman in Philippines Is Ordered Released

A court decision to free Lance Cpl. Joseph Scott Pemberton less than six years into his sentence was criticized by activists.

MANILA — A United States Marine who was convicted in 2015 of killing a transgender woman in the Philippines has been ordered released, drawing protests from activists.

Lance Cpl. Joseph Scott Pemberton, then 20, was convicted of homicide in the 2014 death of Jennifer Laude, 26. He was sentenced to six to 12 years in prison, which was later reduced to 10, and has since been held at Camp Aguinaldo, the Philippine military headquarters in metropolitan Manila.

The Olongapo City Regional Trial Court granted an appeal from Lance Corporal Pemberton on Tuesday and directed the Bureau of Corrections to release him. The court reasoned that he had served almost six years, including the time between his arrest and conviction, and that combined with a “good conduct time allowance” he had exceeded the 10 years. The Laude family has also received $100,000 in civil damages.

Major Gen. Edgard Arevalo, spokesman for the Armed Forces of the Philippines, said on Wednesday that the military had not yet received a copy of the court order but would comply when it arrived.

etc.

More at the link.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1