Pemberton Murder of Transgender (Update August 2020)

J-Divert

You mean like in the Santos trial here on Cebu. It seemed like almost everybody in the Philippines wanted her and Griffiths to be found guilty...but amazingly...that didn't happen.

I disagree.  Outside of a few supporters of the girls family, much of the public including much of the press, felt that ruby Santos and her bf were innocent.  The only question was why the case hadn't been thrown out earlier.  That was my take on it anyway.

It seems like the current case will be much more cut and dried, one way or the other.

Edited by easy44
  • Like 1
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill H

• SkyMan

• Lee

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I may as well have more people not like what I say when I speak my mind. Maybe I'll bat 1.00?   I was a member of the US Navy for the better part of 12 years from '79 to '91 - enlisted - went

What a joke this trial has become, none of my neighbors (Philippine Citizens) could give a hoot about the transgender that didn't tell this proud young Marine that he had a pair in between his legs an

Excellent idea.  Four Filipino young men murdered a US Marine Major in cold blood.  It was filmed, there is no doubt the four did the crime, two of the four never had charges brought against them, the

Posted Images

Some of you are a little thick sometimes....

Please explain how the semen would be in a condom in the room if he killed him/her when he found out he/she was a transgender? Did he do the deed after the murder or just f*** him/her in the a** and then notice and do the murder?

I would have to believe they didn't clean the short time room very well after the previous customer and the condom was there when they checked in...

I agree the condoms were just a distraction, but the bite marks, are very germaine.

• Like 1

I would have to believe they didn't clean the short time room very well after the previous customer and the condom was there when they checked in...

Maybe, probably even. But it's also possible that the Marine discovered that Jeffrey had a love handle and left the building. Maybe "Barbie" didn't want a good short time room to go to waste and played leap frog with Jeffrey and they had a lover's quarrel. Likely? Don't know. Possible? Anything is possible. Especially here.

Wolfpack

I wonder if this is even in the news in the U.S.? The U.S. is too busy protesting another serious misrepresentation (the hands up don't shoot lie by witnesses, that's another story in itself)...

How will the Philippine people react to a temporary insanity plea, which he almost has to be his plea...

What disturbs me, anyone calling this a hate crime...it is not...someone misrepresented themselves, to be something they were not...that is a problem...the end result is not a hate crime...temporary insanity, maybe...caused by a serious misrepresentation...

What in the world do we call this? I don't know, but hate crime it is not...

I wonder if this is even in the news in the U.S.?

yes it was reported on Fox News, I'm not sure of the other sites, I have not checked them.

Some of you are a little thick sometimes....

Please explain how the semen would be in a condom in the room if he killed him/her when he found out he/she was a transgender? Did he do the deed after the murder or just f*** him/her in the a** and then notice and do the murder?

Could have been the two lady boys putting on a display. Checking the condom for DNA I guess would have been inside and out. Must have been something on the outside too.

smokey

Like most things here, the facts dont matter, the masses want him to be guilty, so that is what will happen.

Then there will be a big to do about how bad Kanos are resulting in another round of extra conditions from the BI.

Any bets ?

never be involved in a case close to election time

• Like 1

Prosecutors in the Philippines have charged a US marine with murder in connection with the death of a Filipina transgender woman.

Pte First Class Joseph Pemberton is suspected of killing Jennifer Laude, who was found dead in a hotel bathroom in the port city of Olongapo.

Pte Pemberton cannot be granted bail and could be facing 40 years in jail.

The case has sparked anti-American sentiment in the Philippines, a close political and military ally of the US.

State prosecutor Emily de los Santos said there was "probable cause" that Pte Pemberton killed 26-year-old Jennifer Laude, formerly known as Jeffrey.

Continues.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30474692

I am surprised to see the B.B.C. referring to the deceased man as "Ms" and "she". As far as I know, a human male has the XY chromosome identifier in his genes, whereas a female has the XX chromosome identifier in her genes.

The deceased man was a man. Are standards in the B.B.C. starting to slip ? 

Is this "Off Topic" ?

I just want the topic to be factually correct.

• Like 2
SkyMan

The resolution said Laude was deprived of the chance to defend from the attack.   “In the case under scrutiny, respondent Pemberton choked Jennifer from behind. Obviously, in that position, Jennifer was deprived of the opportunity to defend herself. What is decisive is that the execution of the attack, without the slightest provocation from a victim such as Jennifer who is unarmed, made it impossible for her to defend herself or to retaliate,” the resolution said.  
This seems a puzzling detail.  Are they saying that if Laude was given the ability to defend himself it wouldn't be murder?

Would love to see the evidence for this trial.

Apparently he had confessed to the military on day one and the trial will essentially determine murder vs homicide, a lesser charge. The mismatched condom DNA is a bit odd, perhaps bad housekeeping as suggested in another post

You would think the guy's deceptive actions would be at least some defense and would also negated the special circumstances.  After all, it would appear of he had been honest about his equipment, the Marine would not have invited him to a room and none of this would have happened.

• Like 2
contraman

You would think the guy's deceptive actions would be at least some defense and would also negated the special circumstances.  After all, it would appear of he had been honest about his equipment, the Marine would not have invited him to a room and none of this would have happened.

We dont know that, maybe this was the marines preference !

• Like 2

We dont know that, maybe this was the marines preference !

Very doubtful given what he said to his friends, if he said that to them.  It's frustrating that he has made no attempt to tell his side of the story, but I guess there is a reason for that.  Curious minds would certainly like to know though.