Pemberton Murder of Transgender (Update August 2020)

J-Divert

‘DNA at Laude crime scene doesn’t match Pemberton’s’

The DNA sample taken from US Marine Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton does not match the one found at the scene where transgender woman Jeffrey "Jennifer" Laude  was killed, GMA News' "24 Oras" reported on Friday.

The Philippine National Police Crime Laboratory made the determination after examining the DNA sample submitted by Pemberton and the sample taken from a condom recovered from the crime scene, the toilet inside a room at the Celzone Lodge in Olongapo City.

The result was submitted to the Olongapo City Prosecutors' Office on Friday during the preliminary investigation, the report added.

Olongapo City Prosecutor Emilie Fe Delos Santos expressed confidence that the result of the DNA examination would have no effect in the government's case against the 19-year-old American serviceman.

"Dahil negative, hindi nangangahulugang hindi na namin puwedeng gamitin iyon. Remember, mayroon tayong eyewitnesses, dalawa," Delos Santos said in an interview following the preliminary investigation hearing on Friday.

Laude was found dead after an apparent beating inside the Olongapo City motel on October 11. The autopsy indicated that the victim drowned after her face was forced down the toilet bowl.

Laude also suffered multiple bruises and abrasions.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/390237/news/regions/dna-at-laude-crime-scene-doesn-t-match-pemberton-s

DNA samples in Laude case do not match Pemberton’s

OLONGAPO CITY, Zambales—DNA samples taken from a detained American soldier did not match the DNA obtained from two used condoms at the motel room where transgender woman Jeffrey “Jennifer” Laude was found dead, the city’s chief prosecutor said Friday.

Olongapo City Prosecutor Emilie Fe de los Santos disclosed the results of the DNA testing at the continuation of the preliminary hearing of a murder complaint filed by Laude’s family against US Marine Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton.

The soldier is detained at a facility jointly managed by the Philippine and US governments in the Armed Forces of the Philippines general headquarters in Quezon City.

De los Santos said the prosecution panel will issue a resolution on the complaint on Dec. 15. She said the panel has two weeks to study the DNA results and additional pieces of evidence.

“We have the DNA result, and it’s negative. It being negative does not mean it will affect our case. It can also mean that it can also help our case,” she said.

The condoms were among the items collected from Room 1 of Celzone Lodge, a motel where Laude and a foreigner, whom witnesses identified as Pemberton, had checked in on the night of Oct. 11. Laude was found dead after the foreigner left the room.

Autopsy reports showed Laude drowned when her head was forced into the room’s toilet bowl.

Lawyer Virgie Suarez, one of the lawyers of the Laude family, said the negative DNA result would not hurt their case, stressing that their evidence was sufficiently strong to establish probable cause that Pemberton killed Laude.

Suarez said they expected the findings.

Celzone “is a motel and a lot of its clients take turns to use the rooms, so we were really uncertain from the very start if Jennifer and Pemberton were the ones who used those condoms,” she told reporters after the hearing.

Her colleague, lawyer Romel Bagares, said a murder charge against Pemberton would stand in court even without the DNA test result.

Bagares said they have witnesses, including Laude’s friend, “Barbie,” who identified Pemberton as the foreigner who checked into the motel with Laude.

Laude’s sister, Marilou, said the family was satisfied with the pace of the preliminary hearing.

“I’m satisfied with the progress [of the] investigation, especially now that we are close to [discovering] why Pemberton killed Jennifer,” said Marilou.

Edited by Paul
split / added tags
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill H

• SkyMan

• Lee

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I may as well have more people not like what I say when I speak my mind. Maybe I'll bat 1.00?   I was a member of the US Navy for the better part of 12 years from '79 to '91 - enlisted - went

What a joke this trial has become, none of my neighbors (Philippine Citizens) could give a hoot about the transgender that didn't tell this proud young Marine that he had a pair in between his legs an

Excellent idea.  Four Filipino young men murdered a US Marine Major in cold blood.  It was filmed, there is no doubt the four did the crime, two of the four never had charges brought against them, the

Posted Images

smokey

who needs proof all they need to do is say he must of did it because his nose is longer so that means he lied

• Like 3

'They' don't need to notify any embassy or consulate about anything. 

For any 'foreigner' arrested here or any where else for that matter, his Embassy must be informed within eight (8) hours whether or not he has requested it to be so.

And if you think someone screaming from a jail cell 'I want my embassy!" is going to trigger the jail staff to jump right onto complying with the VCCR, oh what a sheltered life you lead! 

Its the Police who HAVE to inform the said embassy.

To be fair to the PNP, they usually do so.

SomeRandomGuy

So the marines dna was not positive, what about jeffery laudes.

If one of the dna is positive for laude then maybe, just maybe they have the wrong guy and the actual killer is still out there somewhere and now they have his dna.

Barbie saying he was with jeffery does not account for what happened after barbie left jeff and the marine alone.

For all we know the marine may have left after discovering Jeff was a dude and laude picked up another customer. Apparently barbie picked up another customer two seconds later so why not jeffery.

I do so hope this marine is innocent i really really do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It was reported earlier that the lady boy had bite marks and scratches on his torso. So I wonder if they checked for DNA at those sites as well. I can't imagine NOT checking, but then this is the PH so...

I'm also wondering if they had a forensic dentist examine the bite marks and compare them to the Marine's. If that were also negative in most other Courts his case would be looking pretty good, but here, probably not.

• Like 3
contraman

Unfortunately he is guilty.

The media have decided :(

Its all about saving face now if the dna result is in fact correct

SkyMan

So the marines dna was not positive, what about jeffery laudes.

If one of the dna is positive for laude then maybe, just maybe they have the wrong guy and the actual killer is still out there somewhere and now they have his dna.

Barbie saying he was with jeffery does not account for what happened after barbie left jeff and the marine alone.

For all we know the marine may have left after discovering Jeff was a dude and laude picked up another customer. Apparently barbie picked up another customer two seconds later so why not jeffery.

If Laude isn't a match, it could be Barbie's.  I think Barbie's story is fishy and I think all three went to the room.

the result of the DNA examination would have no effect in the government's case against the 19-year-old American serviceman.
Yeah, it's not like facts will be needed or used.
  • Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Murder raps filed against US Marine in Laude slay

The case was raffled off to Judge Roline Ginez Jabalde of the Olongapo City Regional Trial Court Branch 74 on Monday afternoon.

The Department of Justice approved the recommendation made by the panel led by Olongapo City Prosecutor Emelie Fe delos Santos that found probable cause to indict Pemberton with murder, a nonbailable offense.

Delos Santos said the prosecution panel held a two-month preliminary investigation studying investigation reports and documents submitted by the US Navy’s Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) and the Philippine National Police and forensic examination results.

Citing the 23-page resolution, Delos Santos said the prosecution panel found aggravating circumstances that included treachery, abuse of superior strength and cruelty.

The resolution said Laude was deprived of the chance to defend from the attack.

“In the case under scrutiny, respondent Pemberton choked Jennifer from behind. Obviously, in that position, Jennifer was deprived of the opportunity to defend herself. What is decisive is that the execution of the attack, without the slightest provocation from a victim such as Jennifer who is unarmed, made it impossible for her to defend herself or to retaliate,” the resolution said.

Jeez, who writes that crap a 6th grader? And comparing the case to a previous one that eventually went down the crapper is probably not something I'd be putting on my pretrial resume if I was the prosecutor. If they're truly interested in facts I hope they'll quit referring to the deceased as "her" and "Jennifer".

• Like 6

found probable cause to indict Pemberton with murder, a nonbailable offense.

Unless of course you are a rich pinoy kid and you kill a Kano, then you get a get out of jail free card, no problem whatsoever.

• Like 5
miles-high

Unless of course you are a rich pinoy kid and you kill a Kano, then you get a get out of jail free card, no problem whatsoever.

Where is Dog the Bounty Hunter when we need him?

• Like 2

Where is Dog the Bounty Hunter when we need him?

We're way beyond needing Dog, at this point I think Tony Soprano would be the more appropriate choice!

• Like 1

Found probable cause? They charge you here for things you didnt do anyway!

• Like 2

My wife said she heard on abs news that the DNA from the sperm found in the condom did not match the DNA of the accused. Has anyone heard anything about this?