HIV 'epidemic' in Philippines. UN

For Real

I live in a village in Mandaue, and trust me, there are LOADS of gays here?

No problem with LOADS of gays...the problem is with some of the gay's LOADS when they are released in the bacterial bloodbath of a bending friend and not the condom.

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cipro

• Paul

• poby

• youngwillie

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last few years working, was with a medical goods manufacturers, and we worked closely with UNFPA, UNAIDS, and various other agencies, European, US, and International.   Thus I got to see the orig

It is tricky to know how to start with this pile of ignorance, especially as you're insistent on reinforcing the old saw that HIV is a 'Gay plague' and that you cite "Liberated Christians in 1994" as

Considering the facts about 'epidemics' like this I always wonder what is actually behind these sort of announcements.    Do we (the news consuming idiot-machine that is the general public) like to

Posted Images

hyaku

Oh well.. if gays kill each other off with aids we wont have anything to post about any more.

Cipro

Any man who uses statistics to protect himself from HIV, STD's, unwanted pregnancies etc........................isn't the kind of person to take advice from anyone.   :rose:

I wouldn't recommend it, no, however that's not the point. The point is it's really scaremongering to call something like this an epidemic when there are lots of actual epidemics in the world and there are even more prevalent diseases in SEA. Now anti-vaccination retards ARE causing actual epidemics in the USA again, so hooray for that too. 

tl,dr; not an epidemic, move along. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Most cases in Africa are spread between so-called normal men and women.

How normal could they be if one of them has AIDS? Seems that would make them pretty much not normal.
Paul

Granted, it may be more difficult for a man to contract HIV from a woman, than a woman from a man. 

However, I wonder how many guys here would knowingly have sex with a woman, if he knew she was HIV positive - whether using protection, or not? 

Now, THAT would be an interesting question for them to answer. 

• Like 2
youngwillie

How normal could they be if one of them has AIDS? Seems that would make them pretty much not normal.

Yes of course.

You are fully aware of why I used the term.

Night night.   :)

Edited by youngwillie
cvgtpc1

A woman would on average, need to have sex 1200 times with a hiv positive partner before she got infected.  A man would need to have sex 2500 times with a hiv positive woman to get infected.  So the odds of a man catching hiv by having a single episode of vaginal sex with a hiv positive female partner is 0.04%  A single episode with a complete stranger whereby their hiv status is unknown would be less than 0.001% or less than 1 in 100,000 chance.

There's too many stories of vindictive HIV infected people being charged with infecting people for me to trust this.  Were the infected people just unlucky or they skipped the part where they had sex with the person 1200 or 2500 times first?

• Like 2
cebulover2000

Poverty is pretty widespread in the Philippines. Money rules and is king. I imagine that would also lead to more unusual sex practises than just oral and vaginal sex. I know for sure of gays living in western countries coming to Asia and pay non gay males for sex. If this happens, you know that everything else is possible too. Looking at western countries like Canada, HIV infection is an almost non discussed issue, other STD's are far more prevalent and a serious risk since many can go undetected in women for a long period of time (they don't get the itch).

Cipro

There's too many stories of vindictive HIV infected people being charged with infecting people for me to trust this.  Were the infected people just unlucky or they skipped the part where they had sex with the person 1200 or 2500 times first?

Pretty sure that's not how statistics work. 

It could be .... 1200 people having sex once, you know, and one of them gets infected.

Granted, it may be more difficult for a man to contract HIV from a woman, than a woman from a man. 

However, I wonder how many guys here would knowingly have sex with a woman, if he knew she was HIV positive - whether using protection, or not? 

Now, THAT would be an interesting question for them to answer. 

Not really interesting because it's 'would you take a known risk for no reward' sort of scenario. Make it more interesting and make a list of risky activities and make them pick one maybe?

Paul

I know for sure of gays living in western countries coming to Asia and pay non gay males for sex.

I neglected to mention, in my previous post above, that I personally feel as though this thought of HIV / AIDS being "primarily" a homosexual disease, or that you would be more likely to get it from a homosexual - well, is a crock of shite a mile long. I was too young to recall the first famous incidents of the disease - Freddy Mercury comes to mind, though. Since then, many heterosexuals, a number of whom I personally knew, ended up infected. 

So, unless you are monogamous, and you know - 100% without a doubt that your spouse / b/f or g/f / or significant other is as well - you had better take some serious precautions regarding your sex life. 

Take that for what it's worth. 

By the way, fellas. I'm still waiting for input from those of you who seem to think you are pretty safe having sex with a woman who is HIV positive. So, come on, now. Step up, boys. Let's here those, "aye's" or "nay's". 

Not really interesting because it's 'would you take a known risk for no reward' sort of scenario. Make it more interesting and make a list of risky activities and make them pick one maybe?

So, I can put you down as a "nay", I suppose? 

• Like 1
Cipro

So, I can put you down as a "nay", I suppose? 

Depends on what the alternative is. If it's 'have a slice of pie' then nay, if it's 'grab a metal stick and run around in an open field holding it over my head in a lightning storm' then I'll have to think it over. If it's 'run my pasty white ass naked through downtown Detroit at 2am' I think I'll get to f*cking. 

• Like 1
Paul

If it's 'run my pasty white ass naked through downtown Detroit at 2am' I think I'll get to f*cking. 

tmi-logo-new.png

I was too young to recall the first famous incidents of the disease - Freddy Mercury comes to mind, though. Since then, many heterosexuals, a number of whom I personally knew, ended up infected.   

I'm not sure why you bring up Freddie Mercury, he was as gay as gay could be and is known to have had many hundreds of male sexual partners over a short span of years so it's hardly surprising he got HIV.

I am very skeptical any time someone claims to have got aids from a standard heterosexual act.  I suspect many guys are afraid to come out of the closet and admit they like to bat for the other side on occasion.  The research studies conclusively prove that vaginal transmission is possible but very very unlikely.  

I would indeed have no problem fecking a hiv positive girl. I would be far more likely to be killed by a jealous husband than catch aids from her.

Every decision you make involves some degree of risk.  What matters is evaluating the degree and whether it is worth getting out of bed in the morning.

Paul

I'm not sure why you bring up Freddie Mercury, he was as gay as gay could be and is known to have had many hundreds of male sexual partners over a short span of years so it's hardly surprising he got HIV.

I was making the point that, back then, it was more of a homosexually transmitted disease. Since then, much has changed in the world of AIDS. It is by far, nothing like it was back then - in my personal opinion.

I would indeed have no problem fecking a hiv positive girl.

That's one aye, and one nay, so far.