New money changing scam at manilla airport

smokey

Gave the guy 3 chances, and was more than willing to give it back. His shitty attitude cost him the money. He might think twice next time someone asks him to re-count. I'm sure he's more than made up for that shortfall in short changing scams over time anyhow.

wow now your saying he is a scammer but you outsmarted him ??   you expected everyone to say yay good going instead they are roasting you so now the story will get more detailed like he never opens the door for old women .. cheats on his taxes ... don't support his children do you know his zo diac sign maybe that's important to the story :wheel:

So I had a little time to kill while waiting at naia3 and walked around comparing the rate for the aud. doubt one that was only 0.4 peso off the official rate and figured that's as good as anything I was going to get in Cebu.

Counted out my au$ in front of the changer and watched carefully as he recounted and confirmed. Received my money, quick flick through to make sure no substitute value notes and no folded money, then counted them carefully and the total didn't match the rate. Leaving the money on the counter I said to the guy "what's going on?" He said "count it again". So I count it again and get the same total as first time. I say "this isn't right". The guy says "I'm sure it's correct sir". So I count it a third time. Look at him, but he's showing no signs of budging or even being remotely interested i counting it himself.

With the big queue and seeing I wasn't going to get anywhere I take my money and shuffle off, had a burger, then while in the cr recounted it one last time. Double checked the number on the receipt. Yep, no doubt about it. He gave me p1,000 more than he should have, on an aud1,000 exchange. Sometimes it ain't so bad getting scammed ;-) I havent yet figured out the angle on this one though, do I get arrested for theft on landing at Cebu?

It's obvious. He was a bayut making a pass at you. You, being naive, just didn't pick up on it. 

• Like 1