Expat Prison Population

cvgtpc1

Out of curiosity tried finding out online what nationalities and how many are in PI prisons without success.  Anybody have any stats?

cvgtpc1

Yeah you can click on the prison website for stats...in 2012, 7 Americans, 0 Australians, 6 Brits....19 total including other western nations.

Woolf

found this, does not say how may expats 

philippines # 14

http://www.prisonstudies.org/highest-to-lowest/prison-population-total?field_region_taxonomy_tid=All

another list

philippines # 134

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate

Edited by Woolf
Enuff

0 Australians

impossible .....................

• Like 8
contraman

impossible .....................

Figures don't lie

They just know who to pay :yahoo:

• Like 2
cvgtpc1

I was thinking shouldn't there be at least 3 or 4 Aussies from articles on LinC alone in the past 3-4 months?  ; p

• Like 2
contraman

I was thinking shouldn't there be at least 3 or 4 Aussies from articles on LinC alone in the past 3-4 months?  ; p

I think the figures quoted were from 2012

Oh the difference a few years makes :(

• Like 1

Yeah you can click on the prison website for stats...in 2012, 7 Americans, 0 Australians, 6 Brits....19 total including other western nations.

I thought it would have been a lot higher considering the amount of foreigners living in the Philippines... I am sure the number of foreigners murdered in the Philippines would be a lot higher than that. 

• Like 1
lance.schukies

I would say the numbers reported are prison and not include jails. just in cebu city jail there was one Australian locked up in 2012 with other foreigners . now there is still one Australian one from UK one from USA one from Denmark two from Korea. all on no bail charges for cases that most likely will be dismissed.

Edited by lance.schukies