V8 MOTORCYCLE & PARTS DEALER

Yeah it looks like a scam with a 100 percent return on investment in only 1 year !

I am thinking.. I guess a very well planned pyramid scam "may" go though with renting a store front.. and putting a few motorcycles in there for show to make it seem more real.

But would they really start financing the motorcycles to customers ? ? ?

That would seem like way too much work.

I understand they can get people to invest and then take off with their money... but why go through all the trouble to actually selling motorcycles to customers ? ? ?

To name a motorcycle company V8 .. that only sells small size motorcyles does'nt make much sence... but then agian.. there are a lot names of stores or products in the Phils that does'nt make sense.

The site looks real.. http://www.zongsheninternational.com/webte...86/Default.aspx

I am going to go for it.

If not other than the somewhat high buy in... why are you not going to invest into it ?

Do you think it is a scam ?

Edited by Balay

Just a follow up to my post ( because it was too late to edit )

I can see how there is money to be made.

I understand the Dealership Program is getting the motorcycles from Zongshen in China and Zongshen is only the supplier at a cost of Php 15,000.00 for each motorcycle.

They are being sold at Php 49,600.00 as List Cash Price or 300% from what they bought them for.

The micro financing charge is 3% per month (36% annual ) and applied from the List Price of Php 49,600.00. There is a daily collection between Php 100.00 to Php 150.00 a day for 3 years. So it does seem reasonable enough for a Pinoy to buy.

But the paying out of 100 percent in 1 year does seem hard to believe...

( I undertstand some of you have no idea what I am talking about... so I guess this post is only for the ones who do know )

I understand the Dealership Program is getting the motorcycles from Zongshen in China and Zongshen is only the supplier at a cost of Php 15,000.00 for each motorcycle.

They are being sold at Php 49,600.00 as List Cash Price or 300% from what they bought them for.

The micro financing charge is 3% per month (36% annual ) and applied from the List Price of Php 49,600.00. There is a daily collection between Php 100.00 to Php 150.00 a day for 3 years. So it does seem reasonable enough for a Pinoy to buy.

( I undertstand some of you have no idea what I am talking about... so I guess this post is only for the ones who do know )

Nobody pays 49,000 for a China motorbike. They are crap and everybody knows it. You can get a Honda or Yamaha for a lower price than that. Look around and see what the drivers are buying/financing.

Nobody pays 49,000 for a China motorbike. They are crap and everybody knows it. You can get a Honda or Yamaha for a lower price than that. Look around and see what the drivers are buying/financing.

Ok... so you think the investment is a scam ?

A_Simple_Man
Nobody pays 49,000 for a China motorbike.

I believe scianna is correct but that does not mean it is a scam. They offer the bikes for 49,000 and likely they will put them 'on sale' for 39,000 and they will sell for that. The way it is set up you will get your return back over the term of 1 year then you get a balloon payment for all the interest. If they make a lot of money you will get your interest. If they go broke you will lose the interest, (but you will have got your principle back over the course of a year. If they make money but not as much as they hope for then you will see an offer to buy back the 'balloon payment' over the course of another year. If that is too much risk for you then you don't want to buy in but I have seen a lot riskier ventures attracting investors.

BTW . . if you expect anyone to stand up and say . . 'Its a great investment, put your money there and you will not regret it' . . I believe you are going to be disappointed. All investments come with risk. What level are YOU willing to take?

MattFromGA

You mean people here wont by the chinese made harley's coming out? I read a few months ago Harley Davidson opened their first chinese assembly plant that is allowing them to come out with their first sub $1k motorcycle. Even has a 750cc engine. 30 day labor only warranty though.

You mean people here wont by the chinese made harley's coming out? I read a few months ago Harley Davidson opened their first chinese assembly plant that is allowing them to come out with their first sub $1k motorcycle. Even has a 750cc engine. 30 day labor only warranty though.

I don't think that's going to happen. You can buy a Harley look a like for 50 to 60K. Those have 250cc engines and are a good value for the money. I don't see that many small Chinese made motorbikes around as those small bikes have to be reliable for the drivers using them as daily bread winner.

I am not sure about the current price but 25 to 30K is rather realistic.

The balloon financing only works if there is income on the other side but as I said, those are mostly Japanese made bikes. The drivers lease the bike for 48 or 60 months, pay back 3 K each months and make about 1K each month after costs (gas mostly). The argument why it still makes sense is, that the bike will still be worth 30 K after 4 or 5 years. Fact is that most of them are at the end of their life cycle and worth almost 0000000000.

Been there, done that, heard it all.

smokey

i saw an add that Mackro will start selling real cheapo bikes... scooters 50cc for 24,950p and i bet they will sell... more junk on the road..

Nobody pays 49,000 for a China motorbike.

If that is too much risk for you then you don't want to buy in but I have seen a lot riskier ventures attracting investors.

BTW . . if you expect anyone to stand up and say . . 'Its a great investment, put your money there and you will not regret it' . . I believe you are going to be disappointed. All investments come with risk. What level are YOU willing to take?

How did those other riskier ventures turn out ?

I already decided I am going to to do it. If I make money or loose it all, I won't loose sleep over it.

I was just curious what other thought of it.

How did those other riskier ventures turn out ?

I already decided I am going to to do it. If I make money or loose it all, I won't loose sleep over it.

I was just curious what other thought of it.

There is a garantee of payment from a bank, Oriental Bank or something like that. Best to confirm the authenticity of this garantee before handing over your funds. If the bank says it is an actual document from them, then I think you are all set. Please note, I am not a financial advisor :as-if: .

There is a garantee of payment from a bank, Oriental Bank or something like that. Best to confirm the authenticity of this garantee before handing over your funds. If the bank says it is an actual document from them, then I think you are all set. Please note, I am not a financial advisor :as-if: .

Other than being over 250K this investment is NOT insured by the PDIC.

So even if it is a document from Oriental Bank.. what does that mean in Phils ? And who is is know if Oriental Bank is'nt going to go belly up.

I've heard of this investment and almost want to go for it, its just a lot of risk even with a bank guarantee. I'm just sticking with regular time deposits that have the PDIC insurance and that way I can just worry about the currency risk. Good luck!

Other than being over 250K this investment is NOT insured by the PDIC.

So even if it is a document from Oriental Bank.. what does that mean in Phils ? And who is is know if Oriental Bank is'nt going to go belly up.

High return only comes with high risk.

The reason why the payments are so high, is ...? Many can't pay back their loan and just sell the bike without papers or for parts and are nowhere to be found later.

I am doing this investment with the same way I look at playing roulette putting it on red or black. . . . . knowing the odds are agianst me with the green 0's.

• 3 weeks later...

I went by the dealership today in Manduae and they are also selling name brand appliances and TV's.

I checked the prices against the 3 day sale ( Lola/Lola Day ) at SM... and V8 was less expensive.... (that was before my Angel Investor discount).

Edited by Balay