Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Up Date On ROVER'S Wife

jtmwatchbiz

best of luck with the Dr appointment today and let's hope there is some improvement soon. keep us posted.

• Like 1

crj

We are praying for you both.

• Like 1

maximian

Don't know what else to say, only that my thoughts are with you and your wife.

• Like 1

ROVER

Well, here's the update after taking Cathy to her Cardiologist today...Every bit of news we got today is actually good news...The Dr. was noticeably relieved, as were Cathy and I after hearing the Dr's....comments and advice.

Cathy's heart is actually doing much better than before, it was in such bad shape before that there was no way she would have survived a valve replacement. And they really could not tell if all her valves were involved or just one or two.

Remember I am not a Doctor so I may use the words she used or I may explain it the best I can....so here is what we were told.....

#1: What we thought was her heart stopping for 3 beats is actually the opposite...her heart is now beating where before it was not beating at certain times.....it was explained like this.....her heart would stop then start again because it was in such poor state. With the medication it is now actually beating very weakly where before it was skipping 1 to 3 beats...thus her heart is beating more even though at places it is still so weak that the digital HR and BP that is used at homes will not pick it , and it shows it as skipped beats. But on the EKG it now shows a weak beat where before there was none.

#2: The tightness and short of breath and pain she is having now is from 2 sources.... 1. Fear and Stress and 2. her body such as heart, liver, longs are all trying to get back to normal function since the meds have taken effect. She was not surprised or worried at all about that...Because as she stated, "it's not a cure but the meds are taking her from worse case to bad case....which for her is a good thing and what it is supposed to do."

#3: We are scheduled to call her on April 13th to inform her how the new medication and changes she has made to her meds are working...She expects that most all pain well be gone by then with the exception of some discomfort.

#4: She made clear that in no way is this a cure, it is to get her into shape to be sent to a Heart Dr/Surgeon...for a few more tests to see if her heart is still in good enough shape to have the operation to replace the valve...She believes that it will be but the surgeon has to determine that.

#5: We are still cautioned however that some tests can not be performed on Cathy as her valve could not withstand them, the valve is totally shot and that can't be fixed it has to be replaced if the surgeon decides the rest of her heart can stand the operation.

#6: When she decides that Cathy is stabilized on the meds. We will go in for her to do the basic check again....and if strong enough she will then give us the letter of referral to the Surgeons and we will met with them...she said there is no need to do that until she is stronger as it would only be a waste of time and money.

Once we talk to the Surgeons and they approve the operation then we will work out what they call a PACKAGE DEAL for the total cost (emergency supplies not included in the package) then we can decide how to try to raise the money to have it done...But we will have to work fast as even the heart meds will sustain for awhile they will eventually stop working and then all bets are off.

• Like 2

spydoo

It'sce to hear you had some positive news, though I understand you're still in hard times.

• Like 1

batman2525

Good luck with everything Mr Rover.....I had a heart problem but was able to use the NHS in the UK to fix it.

• Like 2

streak03

Thoughts and Prayers to you and your wife.  If at all possible and she can stand a 3 hour flight, dont dick around with the doctors in Philippines, get her to Bangkok to Bumrungrad Hospital.  Its a true world class hospital and about the same price wise as the quack shops there in Phils.  

cebulover2000

All the best, please stay positive and have hope.

• Like 1

fredanna

Exactly why I don't trust the doctors here, they may not give you the rest of the story. You have to verify every word.

Glad to hear that. When you posted a 3rd update right away, I thought it would be bad news. This is good news!

This is the EXACT reason we can not get my  in-laws or their children to go to a doctor..........The Filipino doesn't even trust some of these quacks. I'm sure the number of quacks are small, but it seems like that thinking is reversed in the Phils

Fred

• Like 1

fredanna

Thanks for these updates and some better news. She might be turning the corner in life to have some success in this long process

Fred

• Like 1