Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Up Date On ROVER'S Wife

CardiacKid

I was at the 20th floor lounge, Radisson, all Filipino guests started running toward the exit, all foreigners kept eating, drinking, chatting, etc. Didn’t feel much of a jolt, perhaps the building is well designed and built haha :sarcasm:  :D

That structure was built on reclaimed land. It was the source of controversy for many years. Rumor had it that it leaned during construction as the foundation was inadequate. When SM purchased it, they spent a lot of time reinforcing/finishing  the building. Personally, would not enter it as reclaimed land tends to liquefy during an earthquake. 

• Like 1

burnttoast

There have been a number of strong earthquakes in the pacific region in the last 24 hours. There could well be more activity in the next few days. Possibly related:

On March 28th, the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) near Earth tipped south, opening a 'crack' in our planet's magnetosphere. The fast solar wind had not yet arrived. Even so, there was plenty of slow solar wind in the area to flow through the crack and fuel the outburst. NOAA forecasters believe the tardy stream of solar wind is still coming. When it arrives, possibly on March 30th or 31st, the solar wind speed around Earth will surge from ~300 km/s (slow) to ~700 km/s (fast). The increase could spark even brighter lights than the ones Tiller saw. High-latitude sky watchers should remain alert for auroras as the new week begins.

http://spaceweather.com/

SkyMan

That structure was built on reclaimed land. It was the source of controversy for many years. Rumor had it that it leaned during construction as the foundation was inadequate. When SM purchased it, they spent a lot of time reinforcing/finishing  the building. Personally, would not enter it as reclaimed land tends to liquefy during an earthquake. 

The Radisson was built by Hilton? many years ago.  It was unfinished and derelict when I first visited 7 years ago.  I was told work had stopped because of structural problems.  I was surprised when they started working on it again.  Hope they did some serious reinforcements and didn't just push permits through via paperwork and bribes.  My guess is both were involved.

to_dave007

Was in the ground floor café of the Sarosa hotel for the October 2013 Bohol quake.  By FAR the first and only thought I had as I rushed towards the front door was "10 floors of Philippines concrete over my head".  Not a comfortable feeling.

Edited by to_dave007

ROVER

For the last week Cathy's heart rate has been climbing again....she is rest(ing) like she was told...and taking all her meds. She takes medication 3 times per day to slow her heart rate and it seemed to work for about a week then it started climbing again...she is not doing well.

she is supposed to see her doctor toward the end of this week...but we may have to make it sooner since meds are not stabilizing her heart any longer and it is stopping more often and for a longer period of time...

Prayers are still requested...............

Edited by ROVER

cebubird

DONE!!!

• Like 3

easy44

That's sad to hear.  I'm hoping for the best for her.

• Like 3

Chas

God bless.

• Like 1

Dublin boy

Very best regards our thoughts and prayers are with you

• Like 2

Wolfpack

prayers with you and your family...

• Like 1

spydoo

Please keep us updated, especially if she sees her doctor.

• Like 1

steveanton777

Prayer for Cathy here...

• Like 1

Steve and Myrlita

Our prayers for her full recovery.

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

My best to you both.

• Like 1

ROVER

We are taking Cathy back to her Dr. today instead of waiting until thursday.....we can't take the chance to wait and she is not feeling well at all.

• Like 1