Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Up Date On ROVER'S Wife

ROVER

UPDATE ON CATHY:

Ok, I will try my best now to let those of you who are concerned and have been asking about Cathy now what I know…remember I am not a doctor so I will be telling you what we were told, so bare with me if I come of sounding angry, aggravated or whatever.

Cathy is home right now, she was discharged and we brought her home Saturday night about 8pm or so. She is supposed to be bed bound as much as possible, she can sit, and relax, go to the toilet and so forth but supposed to be no undo activity at all.

CONDITION:

#1. Her heart valve is all but destroyed.

#2. Heart very, very enlarged.

#3 Heart Rate way, way to high was 160 now with medication and relaxation is 113 still way to high for her heart and valve to handle…..

#4. Blood pressure has been running very low for the last several months and was getting lower…last BP was 100/60 again with meds and total relaxation.

#5. Electrolytes dangerously low #6. Potassium dangerously low…those we haven’t been able to raise but are basically stabilized to a point….(No…the electrolyte drinks won’t help she would have to drink cases per day to try to bring it up but still no guaranty).

#6. Immune system is almost non-existent do to the other problems her heart Illness has and is causing.

She was sent home from the hospital because all they can do is a valve transplant and we have to raise money for that. If she stayed in the hospital doctor is worried she would only get sicker while waiting for the operation.

She was on a ward in a government hospital and people basically go there to die…she had death all around her, last night her first night home I had to sit up while she tried to sleep cause she would wake up crying and frightened having nightmares of all the death that was on the cots around her……I have never seen such fear in any ones eyes.

We are trying to raise money for the operation and at the same time for her meds and food since we used what little we had for this hospital stay…The amount we need to START WITH is approx. $12,000 US Dollars but we know it will be more than this in the long run as there will be added expenses…but to get the operation started that is what we have to raise.

Some of you donated to help with her recent stay in the hospital and ride for me to pick her up. The member who gave the ride will try to also take us on Monday and Wednesday back to the hospital of if he can. We much appreciate all that everyone has done and is doing. It is a blessing to us.

We are also trying to find Volunteers to sit with her here at home and help prepare her food and drinks cause in my own condition and being in a wheel chair I can’t do everything (actually not much of anything) but I can promise you 'I AM NOT KICKING BACK'.

We are told she is not even guaranteed the meds. will keep working even to the next moment……and have been told basically we MIGHT have the rest of the year to get her valve replaced but even can not say how long we have to do that…..MAYBE we have the rest of the year……

She has to go back Wednesday for Check up it is about a 2 hour trip to the hospital………

• Like 1

shadow

UPDATE ON CATHY:

Ok, I will try my best now to let those of you who are concerned and have been asking about Cathy now what I know…remember I am not a doctor so I will be telling you what we were told, so bare with me if I come of sounding angry, aggravated or whatever.

Cathy is home right now, she was discharged and we brought her home Saturday night about 8pm or so. She is supposed to be bed bound as much as possible, she can sit, and relax, go to the toilet and so forth but supposed to be no undo activity at all.

CONDITION:

#1. Her heart valve is all but destroyed.

#2. Heart very, very enlarged.

#3 Heart Rate way, way to high was 160 now with medication and relaxation is 113 still way to high for her heart and valve to handle…..

#4. Blood pressure has been running very low for the last several months and was getting lower…last BP was 100/60 again with meds and total relaxation.

#5. Electrolytes dangerously low #6. Potassium dangerously low…those we haven’t been able to raise but are basically stabilized to a point….(No…the electrolyte drinks won’t help she would have to drink cases per day to try to bring it up but still no guaranty).

#6. Immune system is almost non-existent do to the other problems her heart Illness has and is causing.

She was sent home from the hospital because all they can do is a valve transplant and we have to raise money for that. If she stayed in the hospital doctor is worried she would only get sicker while waiting for the operation.

She was on a ward in a government hospital and people basically go there to die…she had death all around her, last night her first night home I had to sit up while she tried to sleep cause she would wake up crying and frightened having nightmares of all the death that was on the cots around her……I have never seen such fear in any ones eyes.

We are trying to raise money for the operation and at the same time for her meds and food since we used what little we had for this hospital stay…The amount we need to START WITH is approx. $12,000 US Dollars but we know it will be more than this in the long run as there will be added expenses…but to get the operation started that is what we have to raise.

Some of you donated to help with her recent stay in the hospital and ride for me to pick her up. The member who gave the ride will try to also take us on Monday and Wednesday back to the hospital of if he can. We much appreciate all that everyone has done and is doing. It is a blessing to us.

We are also trying to find Volunteers to sit with her here at home and help prepare her food and drinks cause in my own condition and being in a wheel chair I can’t do everything (actually not much of anything) but I can promise you 'I AM NOT KICKING BACK'.

We are told she is not even guaranteed the meds. will keep working even to the next moment……and have been told basically we MIGHT have the rest of the year to get her valve replaced but even can not say how long we have to do that…..MAYBE we have the rest of the year……

She has to go back Wednesday for Check up it is about a 2 hour trip to the hospital………

Maybe a gofundme campaign?

http://www.gofundme.com/Medical-Illness-Healing/

There are no words...

ROVER

This is the second update posted here for those who are interested, those who have stood with us and those who maybe thinking of standing with us.

If this is your first reading and are interested in the first update please see:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/81212-up-date-on-rovers-wife/

Cathy was discharged to come home on Saturday and her heart rate was stable at that time at 108...(which is still not good for her with the degenerated, leaking valve) it has gradually been been creeping up and she woke up this morning sick and heart rate is now at 139 not Good.

Her regular doctor will be back in, on Monday and we plan to be there at that time at the clinic, which her office and clinic is at Perpetual Succor...

There is so much I could tell you about what has happened and what we have seen and experienced, but it has been suggested not to do that....

We will be getting more information and should have more to report Monday or Tuesday depending when I get here.

Also I do have an update page on FB but have been advised that most of you either don't have face book or easier to read here.....

If anyone wants to contact me about, about whatever please send me an IM.

I will try not to post an abundance here as suggested by others.

• Like 5

shadow

This is the second update posted here for those who are interested, those who have stood with us and those who maybe thinking of standing with us.

Please do keep us updated! Some of us feel your pain and frustration.

• Like 6

Paul

Since I am kinda connected with the guy who owns the joint, let me make a suggestion. Stop worrying about what anyone else "thinks" about you posting in abundance, and post what you need to in order to keep us up-to-date about your wife and her situation. I for one, am interested. So, post away.

• Like 5

ROVER

I did some research on the net and found that the meds she was taking was supposed to be a minimum of 2 X per day for stabilization...of heart rate. The once a day that they doctor told her to take was to slowly get her heart rate down and then it was supposed to go up to 2 x per day with the possibility of 3 x per day if needed. (The doctor did not tell us that).

I went through all her meds and found that they were ALL supposed to be 2 x per day with the exception of one that was to help the other meds get through the tissues of the enlarged heart.

I figured out how many more we needed for her to have enough to get through Monday when she is supposed to see her regular doctor and sent a tricycle driver down and got what we needed.

She took her second dosage as stated on the sites I found on the net. We just took her BP and Heart rate again....if you remember from 2nd update....her rate was back up to 139 making her sicker than a dog......

Her heart rate tonight is now down to 103....and she does not have the pain in her stomach area any more...and is sleeping..   she will now be taking meds twice a day instead of once....GOD IS GOOD

Edited by ROVER
  • Like 9

shadow

Exactly why I don't trust the doctors here, they may not give you the rest of the story. You have to verify every word.

Glad to hear that. When you posted a 3rd update right away, I thought it would be bad news. This is good news!

• Like 3

crj

We love good news and your family is in our prayers

• Like 1

batman2525

Hope she get better real soon Mr Rover.

• Like 2

ROVER

I don't know where to start...except just put it the way we were told.

We took Cathy to her own doctor today, and she had some of the results of the tests that were done at Vicente Sotto but not the complete files....She had enough and saw enough that she became very angry with them and called them and did some ass chewing.

Any way, she was very blunt with us....after talking to Vicente Sotto, and she said

I am going to be straight out with you because you need to know the facts and the truth. She said they flat out lied to you....about getting the operation and everything will be fine......IT WON'T. I need the rest of the details on the tests so I can get a better picture but from what I can see.........The operation may not help and odds are it will kill her.....

then she went into detail explaining why and how the operation is performed and why it may be too late for Cathy.......

Until she gets a better understanding and details in the test, she said the best we should hope for would be that she could get her heart stabilized, with no promise of how long the meds will work..........she said there is a good chance that Cathy will not see The New Year.....

There is a lot more I could try to explain the way she did to us.....but I am not a doctor.....so all I can do right now is to say....that we were told what ever time she has left even after the operation if it is able to be done.....she will have to be on medication and more or less home bound and rest.....

I don't know what else to say...except I promised someone I would post right away as to what we know....

I or someone is going to have to go to Vicente Soto tomorrow to try to get ALL HER RECORDS.........and then get them back to her so she can see it all in a whole...

Cathy has to contact her Friday to find her final results..................

I am sorry I can't type more but this is the basic of what we were told so If I came off angry with anyone earlier today that I have talked to "I am Sorry"

• Like 2

Alfred E. Neuman

May I suggest you go to Dr.Maureen Santos of Perpetual Succour Hospital in Lahug for another opinion. She's one of the best in Cebu and sometimes waive her fee for special cases. PM me so i can give you my name and they'll accommodate you.

• Like 4

Dublin boy

My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

Wow prayers are with you...

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

PM sent Roy.

there's still plenty of time and options to explore so get back to me and let's put together a solid plan of attack on this.

with some better organization and possibly moving Cathy closer to the city along with the right people involved pushing this maybe some second opinions might open up more optimistic options for her treatment.  

• Like 5

ROVER

We spoke with Cathy’s Cardiologist and if you have been following you will remember that I reported that Cathy was sent to the Emergency room because her EKG showed that she should be having a heart attack.

Well after all the tests that have been done was reviewed, it turns out that the two weeks that Cathy was in such pain and sick before going to her doctor and being sent to the Hospital was because she had indeed had a mild heart attack and was nearing a severe heart attack due to lack of treatment….Due to the prior condition of her heart due to a deteriorating valve and heart disease she suffered the mild heart attack which was in a continuous down grading to a severe heart attack. She has Acute Heart Failure.

She has been taking 4 medications to try to stabilize her heart to keep her from having another attack….

One is a diuretic containing Potassium as her levels are very low, One is to slow her heart beat, One has something to do with helping the other medications make it through the walls of an overly enlarged heart, and the other is to help keep the blood from clotting …..each of the medications do other things also but this is what I remember right off hand.

Since starting the medication her heart rate has gone from 150 to, today it was 88…still not good for a heart in the condition hers is in but much better and safer that before.

Because of this, she is allowing Cathy to remain at home as long as she continues to rest, rest and rest…though we were told that when she feels like it she can get up and walk a little like tonight Cathy wanted to look at her plants so we did that…but she soon had to sit down again…but at least she is not totally bed ridden.

We need to see her again the second week of April unless Cathy starts feeling pain in the chest, lungs or abdomen area again then we have to contact her and to know if we can wait to see her or in her absents another doctor or even the emergency room again.

Cathy’s heart needs to be stabilized so that the doctor can do a few more in depths test to determine if Cathy’s heart is too damaged for a valve replacement operation….so far the medication she is taking seems to be slowly doing that, though it will probably need to be adjusted or changed down the line, she assures us if we had followed the advise we were given at the Hospital for an immediate operation, Cathy’s heart would not have been able to handle it.