Sign in to follow this  
Shrek484

Shrek484

Hi all, I am Ash a newbie here and looking for information for my first holiday to the Philippines.

Usual stuff, 

Where to go?

where to stay?

Rough costs?

Any usefull stuff please!

My aim is to travel in July 2015 and maybe start in Cebu, my goals would be to meet a nice lady and go for 2 weeks or so to an island or nice place for sun, fun, relax.

Thanks in advance,

Ash.

jtmwatchbiz

welcome Ash and sounds like you got a good plan. read up here in the forum on various topics that interest you and for sure you will find many suggestions and info to prepare for your upcoming trip :)

AussieLex

Hi Ash and welcome. Reading the forums here is a pretty good way to go to give you lots of useful info as well as give you a kick start for your holiday.  As to your questions, they are pretty subjective ...

Where to go - this would depend on what you are really interested in and your likes and dislikes.

Where to stay - depends on your budget, can find places for a few hundred pesos a night, up to the sky is the limit.

Rough costs, for me when I was visiting before I relocated to Talisay City, Cebu, $100 AU a day was plenty for me to have a great time, mind you, you can enjoy for either less or more than that depending on lots of personal preferences.

Meeting a nice lady ... define nice??? Again subjective but a good place to start is a site like DateinAsia, its a free site and you have lots of search options. I met a few nice ladies through them but last year I met a lady and we are going to be married in the next couple of months.  A word of warning about any dating sites... beware of those girls asking for just a little help early on in your chats with them... don't fall for sending anything ... simply chat and get to know some nice ladies a little,  arrange to meet 2 or 3, or more ladies once you get your feet on the ground here and take it from there.

Stay a little flexible with your plans and leave home at home ... arrive with an open mind and understand that the culture here is like nothing you have ever experienced before so relax, look forward to something new and different and enjoy.

Skywalker

Bring condoms, and use them.

Makes for a simple life.

• Like 4

Headshot

Hi all, I am Ash a newbie here and looking for information for my first holiday to the Philippines.

My aim is to travel in July 2015 and maybe start in Cebu, my goals would be to meet a nice lady and go for 2 weeks or so to an island or nice place for sun, fun, relax.

Welcome Ash. Unless you have already met a nice lady that you are thinking of, it isn't likely you will persuade a NICE LADY to go with you to another island for fun, sun and (well...you know). You might get a prostitute or a gold digger to do that, but a nice lady will want to have known you long enough to be totally comfortable doing that with you. If you are coming to meet a nice lady, that is very possible in two weeks, but don't come with any expectations of a quick score. If you do, she will probably drop you like a hot rock, since she is likely looking for a nice gentleman.

Meeting a nice lady online is possible, but it still takes time to get to know each other (like several months to a year) even using Skype or some other site that allows you to talk face-to-face. Just reading words on a screen doesn't let you know the other person at all. If a girl isn't willing to meet you on Skype, she isn't who you are looking for anyway...and may not even be a SHE. Fake pictures are easy to obtain, and there are MANY scammers on the online dating sites.

Oh...and I would stay as far away from DateinAsia as possible. It has a horrible reputation for having an abundance of prostitutes, gold diggers and lady boys posing as women. There are plenty of other sites out there. Experiment. If you are looking for a lady, then set your criteria so you will find that. If you are actually looking to find a girl who is willing to immediately start "relaxing" with you when you get here (not a nice lady), it will take a different set of criteria.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4

steveanton777

Welcome to LinC! Hope you find what you're looking for  :rose:

Hy H

G'day mate. Welcome. Guys have given u already just about how it is already. Two week trip,I agree to organise your "tour guide" before u land. If only looking for companion fo ur short stay. Enjoy.

Paul

Hey Ash, glad I was able to sort your account for you. Hope you get the advice you seek here. 

I still say wait until you are on the ground to meet a girl. They are all over the place. 

• Like 3

Mr. Mike

Welcome Ash!

LechonBuddha

Welcome Ash!

I second Paul’s recommendation of waiting until you arrive to meet women... and you will certainly meet them. 

Paul

It has a horrible reputation for having an abundance of prostitutes

Prostitutes need lovin' too, Bill. :) 

• Like 1

Headshot

Prostitutes need lovin' too, Bill. :)

If you say so... :cool:

Shrek484

Thanks all, 

I think the term nice lady has many conitations ;-) Right now  it means two things to me, either nice fun company for 2-3 weeks, or meeting a possible partner for the future.

I have met a few ladies that maybe would be deemed as not nice due to their trade, but they were and still are very nice ladies to me, took great care of me and had a great time. I suppose I have been lucky that way.

I have no real expectations, just to have a great holiday with some female company. 

Thanks for all the help I am truly grateful and will confirm my holiday there once /i have made a final decision. 

thanks again.

• Like 1

AussieLex

When you are time limited, I guess it would be wise to do a little groundwork before arriving. Yeah DateinAsia has some scammers, hookers etc on it but you meet them in reality once here as well. Keep an open mind, chat some and discard any who want some help early on in chats. I met a few ladies through DiA and even the nice girls there want some kind of help ... like transportation costs or whatever ...  one of those ladies I met was loads of fun for short term liaisons and through her I met the girl I am going to marry in the near future., who is not a party girl but a nice girl from the provinces. Am still friends with the party girl as well and yeah she is coming to the wedding.

Like I said ... just have an open mind and think with your big head not your small one and you will be fine. I know you will have fun and enjoy some great new experiences. 

• Like 1

Skywalker

Please also be aware.

There are gay men here who dress like women.