Sign in to follow this  
KennyF

Philhealth for expats.

Woolf

e-pay using BPI? Didn't see it on their list of merchants.

It is there,  look for philcare in the list, I just checked

NOSOCALPINOY

OK thanks, I may need new reading glasses.

TDCNINJA

KonC

First, you don't get a refund. Philhealth paid 16k towards my total bill.

Second, cataract surgery is not elective by any means.

KennyF

Second, cataract surgery is not elective by any means.

I had cataract surgery, namely exchanged lens in Cebu 5 years ago.

I can assure you I elected to have it done and it cost 16,000 pesos.

KonC

KennyF

I'll ask a specific question.

My SO goes into a hospital in CDO and says to the doctor "I've had a sore throat for 6 months, What's wrong?"

He checks her over, asks her to get some blood tests and eventually gives a verdict of "you're OK"

Cost all up 1,500 pesos.

Can she claim that on Philhealth? Keep in mind that she elected to go to the doctor.

KonC

TDCNINJA

My left eye was 100% completely clouded - no vision whatsoever.

I guess I elected to be able to see again.

easy44

I'll ask a specific question.

My SO goes into a hospital in CDO and says to the doctor "I've had a sore throat for 6 months, What's wrong?"

He checks her over, asks her to get some blood tests and eventually gives a verdict of "you're OK"

Cost all up 1,500 pesos.

Can she claim that on Philhealth? Keep in mind that she elected to go to the doctor.

KonC

I think you're supposed to advise them about having Philhealth before the treatment/doctor visit.  Not sure if you can claim after?

Davaoeno

I thought we were talking about Philhealth - the government insurance, and not Philcare, which according to their website is a private provider.

I pay as many bills as possible online.  BDO does not accept Philhealth online. In fact, of the 16 Davao BDO branches you can only pay your Philhealth at one of them.   I pay mine at the main branch of the Post Office.  I did see a Philhealth branch in SM by their Business Services but I did not ask them about making payments there.

Edited by Davaoeno

NOSOCALPINOY

Woolf, on 24 Apr 2015 - 12:23 PM, said: It is there,  look for philcare in the list, I just checked    

I thought we were talking about Philhealth - the government insurance, and no Philcare, which according to their website is a private provider.   I pay as many bills as possible online.  BDO does not accept Philhealth online. In fact, of the 16 Davao BDO branches you can only pay your Philhealth at one of them.   I pay mine at the main branch of the Post Office.  I did see a Philhealth branch in SM by their Business Services but I did not ask them about making payments there.

The last time I tried looking for PhilHealth on-line with BPI's home on-line banking list of merchants, I didn't see PhilHealth listed. I don't think PhilCare is one in the same, but I'll check it out again just to be certain when I get a chance and not forget to check it out.

SkyMan

- Where you guys make your or how you make your annual / monthly  payments?
Wu takes payments.  I pay about 6 months at a time.  I think they charge 8 pesos for a payment whether it's 1 month or 12.

Woolf

I thought we were talking about Philhealth - the government insurance, and no Philcare, which according to their website is a private provider.

I pay as many bills as possible online.  BDO does not accept Philhealth online. In fact, of the 16 Davao BDO branches you can only pay your Philhealth at one of them.   I pay mine at the main branch of the Post Office.  I did see a Philhealth branch in SM by their Business Services but I did not ask them about making payments there.

Sorry,     philhealth and philcare not the same, my mistake

But philhealth  list BPI as collecting partner  

"Bank of the Philippine Islands (e-pay)"

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/banks.html

NOSOCALPINOY

I just tried submitting my wife's Philhealth policy number on-line with BPI and it won't take! Used the numbers with dashes and without, still a no go! I'll call them and see what's up or go to our nearest branch after we return to the Philippines from our vacation.

Here's how it's listed on BPI's list of merchants - Philcare/Philhealthcare, Inc    Short name: PHCI