Philhealth for expats.

TDCNINJA

Had my cataract surgery last Friday. Philhealth paid 18,000PHP. I've paid 2,400php into the system and received about 36,000PHP. Will be getting the other eye done in July.

• Like 3
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easy44

• TDCNINJA

• KennyF

• NOSOCALPINOY

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had another experience with Philhealth today.  Actually I didn't have one, but my gf's stepfather did.  He was admitted to Clinica Gatchalian Hospital in Ormoc for pneumonia and spent 2 days th

I registered (in JCentre Mall) during a visa trip last year.  My passport was sufficient identification.  I think I pay 600 a quarter.     I'm not trying to be vague but I have lots of bills every m

I have been told that the amount a hospital will charge for the various items on their bill will vary depending on the level of accommodation the patient has.  A patient in a ward will be charged less

easy44

Had my cataract surgery last Friday. Philhealth paid 18,000PHP. I've paid 2,400php into the system and received about 36,000PHP. Will be getting the other eye done in July.

That's one hell of a return on your investment!

• Like 1
lazydays
I believe that a senior citizen will still be covered, even if they aren't currently enrolled.

All senior citizens 60+ qualify for free Philhealth.

If they have never enrolled, they must register with Philhealth and take one form of official id.

They will then receive a Philhealth card.

Edited by lazydays
  • Like 1
lazydays

For a foreign, long stay tourist to enrol in Philhealth, he now needs to show a tourist ACR-I card.

He does not qualify for a tourist ACR-I card until his 59 day visa renewal, then it may take a month to receive his card. 

• Like 1

Members in Phill-Health.

I just joined online after quite few complications  with required attachments for foreigners. Issues with their application page?

Question:   Phillhealths online site does not really cover this.

- Where you guys make your or how you make your annual / monthly  payments?

I have accounts in BPI and BDO.   There is no online direct payment by at least these two banks, that I can find out.  

• Like 1
easy44

Members in Phill-Health.

I just joined online after quite few complications  with required attachments for foreigners. Issues with their application page?

I have accounts in BPI and BDO.   There is no online direct payment by at least these two banks, that I can find out.  

I or my gf makes payments directly to the local office in Ormoc.  Don't know about online payment, but in any case I would rather have an actual receipt as proof of payment.  Always a good idea here for almost anything.

• Like 3
lazydays

Paying 6 months or annually up front is best, at least for the first 6 months or 1st year.

There are initial 3 month and 6 month qualifying periods for some treatments if you pay monthly. 

Keeping receipts is important, if admitted, they can sometimes be asked for by the Hospital as proof that payments are up to date.

Edited by lazydays
  • Like 1
hyaku

Members in Phill-Health.

You get chit from Philhealth Office to pay at Landbank or PNB. They don't do payments yet. At least not here in the province.

You must stay on the gurney until you get a Philhealth room. If you are admitted to a paying room Philhealth wont cover it.

I friend just had a skin cancer biopsy. A city hospital wanted to charge him P4000. He got it done in Tacloban for P400

I pick up my free lifetime member MDR last week,

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1
sugbu777

I've heard of being so old you die in hospital and cannot sign the forms so the hospital say you cannot make a claim and the relatives have to pay.  I think that is bs too but they will try anything here.

I don't think it would be just in the RP that health insurance would  be so unscrupulous. Big health insurance companies in the US can be pretty miserly in what they pay out, or in some cases will not pay at all.

maximian

You get chit from Philhealth Office to pay at Landbank or PNB. They don't do payments yet. At least not here in the province.

You must stay on the gurney until you get a Philhealth room. If you are admitted to a paying room Philhealth wont cover it.

It must depend on the province, as my wife makes our yearly payments at the Philhealth office. Took 10 minutes this year.

Philhealth wont pay a private room but they still pay for the treatment.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Signed up for Philhealth today. Took 30 minutes total. All I showed was my acr card, but I had all of my receipts with me. I would have saved 5 minutes if I had a copy of my acr card because they wanted one. Paid the 600 pesos for the first quarter. Keep in mind that Philhealth does not become active until after the first quarter,(3) months have passed. La buena vida

• Like 1
KennyF

I was led to believe that Philhealth was applicable to hospital admissions, but here we have a guy getting a refund for elective eye surgery????

If I have Philhealth can I....

Get a refund when I go to a doctor when I have the flu?

Have cosmetic surgery ?

What are the criteria for claiming?

KonC

Get a refund when I go to a doctor when I have the flu? Have cosmetic surgery ?  

Naa mate you not back in Oz with this one. Not a medicare private +.  For less than $70 oz annually do not expect anything special.  But it is better than none i suppose.

U could do with bit of the cosmetic stuff tho goin by ur avatar.... :cool:

Woolf

Members in Phill-Health.

Have a look here    collecting partners

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/

Banks

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/banks.html

Edited by Woolf
NOSOCALPINOY

It's really not a big deal where to make Philhealth payments since it's only once a year that we pay a lump sum payment for the entire year at any Bayad center. e-pay using BPI? Didn't see it on their list of merchants. I haven't done an e-pay yet with BPI's on-line home banking payment, but I'll check it out next year.  

BTW, since I'm over 60, I'm on my wife's Philhealth policy. 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY