Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Please keep ROVER and his wife in your thoughts and prayers.

easy44

After the fact, but anyone who doesn't have Philhealth coverage is making a big mistake.  For 2400 pesos a year Philhealth will cover a large portion of your hospital bill and is available to anyone, even foreigners here on a tourist visa (I know because they gave me a policy).  I sure hope Rover's wife is covered because it will help substantially.

• Like 3

Baywak

It would be wonderful if she could be stabilized and brought to the USA for care,they might be able to get medicare or medicaid.

God Bless

Brucewayne

Roy is too shaky at the moment to be clear on this.

I am telling you that she has Philhealth and they only pay for certain basic tests, a bed on the ward at P500 per day and her meals.

The hospital is giving her 10% off all meds as approved by them.

Any donations should be sent to Billing under the name of Cathy A. Ross at Vicente Sotto and once they have recieved P200,000.00 they have agreed to do the surgery, but they say we have to move fast on this.

Addendum; it will still cost a minimum of P400,000.00 for the surgery and possibly as much as P500,000.00.

So far Knights of Columbus has refused to help, out local Liloan assistance agreed to pay approximately P2,000.00 which doesn't sound like much, but we can all start contacting other charities online if anyone really wants to help.

I was able to have Barangay Clearance set up for her, so if any charity needs it, I can e-mail a copy to you.

Just PM me with your e-mail address and I will be happy to forward the copy that way and it can be printed out if necessary.

Edited by Brucewayne
  • Like 5

ROVER

Guys, I have purposely stayed away from posting anything here cause I feel like shit.....not just because I can't take care of my own wife but because some of you have already been helpful what with rides to the SM for me and my wife so that we could at least be out of the house once in a while together.......and because of the help given for me to get a wheel chair......another friend put a post on his FB.....and I am so ashamed and embarrassed after reading some of the expats comments...not necessarily about me but about ANY EXPAT who comes here with out a lot of money and a plan for emergencies and such......

She needs someone who can be pushy with the staff to stay with her, you know the WATCHER is the one that is suppose to take care of them....I CANT EVEN GO TO VISIT BECAUSE SHE IS ON THE UPPER FLOOR AND I CAN'T GET UP THERE, AND ON TOP OF THAT I WAS TOLD WITH MY SIZE AND THE WHEEL CHAIR   THEY DON'T WANT ME THERE AS A WATCHER CAUSE I AM IN THE WAY AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR HER ANYWAY....

I thank all who have helped, helping, trying to help and considering it.

Edited by ROVER
  • Like 9

ROVER

I can only imagine how you feel, man. But, no one, not one member has stated anything negatively toward you or her. I think I speak for everyone here, when I say we all want the best for both of you.

I know that Paul and I didn't say they had....I was referring to expats on other places where someone else has posted about us asking for assistants and prayers................

They guys on here and I may not see eye to eye and a lot of Bull is slung by all of us but I have yet to see anyone on here degrade someone who is in real need....................

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

if it's of any help to members wishing to donate, i've been assisting brucewayne in collecting donations from some members via BDO, so if anyone wishes to donate that way they can simply make a deposit in our BDO account and we will make the payment to the hospital for them and save their payment receipt. our work crew is out 24 hours a day and never very far from fuente area and vincente sotto hospital.

to make arrangements for BDO payments simply click our banner ad, PM and/or text me at 0908-253-8092

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 1

Brucewayne

If you can't take your money to Sotto, jtmwatchbiz, also known as Fred the watch man has graciously offered to let you transfer funds to his BDO account and he will take it in for you.

Thanks to those who donated so far, we have a long ways to go, but I am hoping we can get there.

Edited by Paul
font

ROVER

DELETED...

Edited by ROVER

Brucewayne

Even if you don't have a BDO account, you can walk in to any BDO and deposit into any existing account, very convenient.

angbumabasa

Look, just so all of you understand. Regardless what the hospital says as far as having someone there to help. I had somebody in the family with me 24/7, and it was needed. If a teenager who could not help me direct, they were issued with a cellphone so they could call family for assistance. My wife was going crazy. I'm on IV's and semi-conscious. Lost 100lbs. I can't help. I'm legally incompetent. Obviously needed an adult to help me even relieve myself. So understand, ROVER may/will need bodies to help.  

ROVER, I'm sorry but I can't we're are here. But I understand. 

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

Don't be too hard on yourself Rover, it's not healthy for you and is of no help to your wonderful wife. You need to remain as strong as possible. Everyone goes through rough times now and then, and I would not call asking for a little help on your wife's behalf, begging. The fact is you are your wife's champion...doing whatever it takes to get her through this. That's what a great husband does!

I hope only the very best for the both of you, and God bless you.

mrmike

• Like 8

Dublin boy

My thoughts and prayers are with you both

• Like 1

Monsoon

Please note: I am not in any way affiliated with, connected to, a point of contact for, coordinating on behalf of, providing aid for, or seeking funds for: the medical needs of Cathy Ross. 

I wish to thank those of you who contacted me privately offering your generosity in various ways. 

There are many without access to this forum who contacted with interest.  I will contact them personally with a similar message

Should you have any interest in the matter please contact the Ross family directly.