Sign in to follow this  
msmith524

CD-King another poorly managed business?

msmith524

I did a forum search on this and came up with only one post: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/74219-cd-r-king-reserve-your-item-before-you-shop/

Problem is there is no "next step"  the above poster refers to on the current cd-king page that I could find.

They don't answer their emails. Tried texting them, no reply. What is with these large companies that have crappy web pages that you cannot order from and staff that could care less (least here in Dumaguete).

Anyone have experience positive or negative ordering either online or ordering out of stock items from one store to another? They have what I want but almost tempted not to do business with them their service/web page  is so bad.

Please share your experiences.  If I'm wrong I will retract.

Skywalker

When I first arrived in the Philippines years ago, I bought a few items from this retailer.

Big mistake.

Almost all their product is from poor quality manufacturers in mainland China.

A totally false economy buying from them in my view.

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy

Try lazada. Cdr king are shit

• Like 3

Woolf

The name is cd-r king

I have bought several routers from them and have not had any problems with them

Yes it a low cost product store I have to agree to that, but if you are aware of that and will accept the risk

then you can have products from them at a much lower cost than from anywhere else

I have used their online inquiry a few times, well they do NOT respond same day

but I always got an answer in a few days

cd-r king is NOT an online store   looks like they accept online orders now  http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=productinquiry

Edited by Woolf

msmith524

The name is cd-r king

I have bought several routers from them and have not had any problems with them

Yes it a low cost product store I have to agree to that, but if you are aware of that and will accept the risk

then you can have products from them at a much lower cost than from anywhere else

I have used their online inquiry a few times, well they do NOT respond same day

but I always got an answer in a few days

cd-r king is NOT an online store   looks like they accept online orders now  http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=productinquiry

Once again, the link you gave-they don't answer txt inquiries and there is no link that I could find where you can send an online inquiry. They have a "chat" link that again they do not answer. As far as I can determine there is no way to contact them and expect a reply online, only by phoning them and even that is doubtful since they do not reply to any other channels, email, text and not form online to send them message. If they weren't so cheap I wouldn't bother and I am being extra careful what I order judging from the many complaints about the poor quality of their offerings and their inability to honor their own warranty policies.

Woolf

Well it is here just below CHAT LIVE orange colored

post-6705-0-82180000-1426063743_thumb.jpg

Jawny

The failure to respond to online requests is pretty common here. CDR King is just one of many where there will be a

Website set up with contacts info, but no response when contact is attempted. I've had good luck with a few companies, but after years of trying, I have given up using their email or text contacts. I will call, but set my expectations pretty low.

I seem to recall some posts a while back where the LinC member was able to get info on where a particular product was available (which branch in Cebu). Took some extra effort on his part if I remember correctly, but it was done face to face.

As far as quality, Woolf is spot on that the lower price comes with a lower expectation of high quality. You get what you pay for.

I don't shop at CDR King much because of their low quality and frequent "out of stock sir" responses.

• Like 1

Monsoon

CD-R King is one of the worst managed retail outlets I have been in ever. Cheap private labeled Chinese made junk. Some of that junk works great, others is a waste of time.  I was surprised to recently learn they had a functional website with a searchable inventory database. That's light years ahead of what they were 8 or 9 years ago. 

-they don't answer txt inquiries

That is pretty typical of many Philippine businesses. Filipinos are pretty bad consumers overall. They put up with poor service, poor quality and horrible commercial terms. 

I attribute part of the problem to the ultra rich never doing anything for themselves and their hired help are quite amicable to stand in lines and receive poor service. The ultra poor just don't know any better. This is slowly changing with the growing middle class Pinoys though.  Today I just signed up with a gourmet meal delivery service and they demonstrated outstanding professionalism and customer service. Felt like i was dealing with a company that was really on the ball. Nice change, but unfortunately companies like that are few and far between here. 

The bottom line is, you will likely need to visit the store. And even then, don't expect great service. Especially from CD-R King. 

• Like 2

Woolf

Twice I have used that e-mail address to ask what branch in cebu city or talisay city had the item I was looking for

I might have send the e-mail in the evening, both times I did not get an answer the next day but it was there the day after

both times I went to the store they told had the item I wanted and I got what I wanted

to_dave007

CD-R King is one of the worst managed retail outlets I have been in ever.

I don't think you know enough to make that statement. Certainly I think it's clear that CD-R King doesn't provide western levels of customer service.  I don't argue with that.  But you don't know what their financials are like, so you can't tell me that they are poorly managed.  To me it seems like they ARE making money..  and as a nationwide chain.. I would say gobs of money..  but I don't know for sure.  But to me it's quite possible they are VERY well managed..   by THEIR standards.

• Like 2

towboat72

Are they as bad as the U S embassy about answering and returning phone calls and e- mails

:sarcasm:

whizkid

many businesses here don't have dedicated staff to answer online queries. You have better luck calling their numbers or visit them physically.

musicman666

I don't think you know enough to make that statement. Certainly I think it's clear that CD-R King doesn't provide western levels of customer service. I don't argue with that. But you don't know what their financials are like, so you can't tell me that they are poorly managed. To me it seems like they ARE making money.. and as a nationwide chain.. I would say gobs of money.. but I don't know for sure. But to me it's quite possible they are VERY well managed.. by THEIR standards.

Blimey ...by this yardstick you could put together an argument for globe being well managed ...or just about any other cartel business in the Philippines...when in reality you have no wide choice ...

Edited by musicman666

BossHog

cd-r king 's alright.

the crappy service in-store and online is why their stuff is so cheap.

there are some deals there

and some real garbage,too.

best to google the model specs and numbers online first 

and see if you're getting the former or the latter.

• Like 1

Cipro

When I first arrived in the Philippines years ago, I bought a few items from this retailer.

Big mistake.

Almost all their product is from poor quality manufacturers in mainland China.

A totally false economy buying from them in my view.

I bought quite a little from them, with mixed results. The closer the item was to the rest of the market in price, the better it was. For instance the UPS units were just a little less than competitors, but they were flawless in my use. 

On the other hand the USB mouse/kb stuff was often remarkably useless. 

I did a forum search on this and came up with only one post: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/74219-cd-r-king-reserve-your-item-before-you-shop/

Problem is there is no "next step"  the above poster refers to on the current cd-king page that I could find.

They don't answer their emails. Tried texting them, no reply. What is with these large companies that have crappy web pages that you cannot order from and staff that could care less (least here in Dumaguete).

Anyone have experience positive or negative ordering either online or ordering out of stock items from one store to another? They have what I want but almost tempted not to do business with them their service/web page  is so bad.

Please share your experiences.  If I'm wrong I will retract.

They are ubiquitous and seem profitable - I guess they are managed OK. 

(If you want better answers ask better questions)