Sign in to follow this  
enoonmai

A - Blood Needed Urgent - Chong Hua

enoonmai

John Scadlock, a US expat and army veteran of Afghanistan was diagnosed with leukemia and is in urgent need of 2 units of A Negative blood, which apparently is very rare here. He was admitted to Chong Hua on Feb 14, the plan is to get him stabilized and return to the US for treatment on Mar 18th. I went by to see him today and he seems like a great guy, only 47, married with 2 young children and living in Ormoc. His father came over to take care of him and has been going all over asking expats if they can donate but not having any luck. He is in rm 653, his cell # is 09282781657. If you can donate or know anyone who can, even if they're out of the area, please contact him. Thanks.

Peter C

according to the informations I found a person having A- also can receive O- blood

• Like 1

slim

back in 2012, my husband was in need of A- , i went to cebu consulate, Mr john domingo was really helpful he emailed 200 expat and i got two from him, on the street begging no luck there they think im kinda scam bag but i was desprate for my husband life i wasn't shamed asking the stranger out the street. when i was on the taxi cab the driver asked what was my problem and told him i need blood and said his going to take me to the TV station in ABS CBN mandaue who he happened to know the guy there which i got inside and telling the world what i needed and put my cell number out the public, sure enough about two hours got phone call from locals that they have a friends whos blood A- and they are welling to sell it,, see they won't donate they sell and they know your desprate and they gave you high price too but i have no choice .. i lost all their contacts because my cell phone is stolen. you might be able to ask the cebu doctors hospital blood banks to see if they can give you thier records. wish your friend the best!!!

• Like 2

enoonmai

Thanks, that's a good idea about contacting John Domingo at the Cebu US Consulate. If anyone knows him or could go by the Consulate and speak to him early next week that would be great. I'm quite a ways out of the city. Thanks again.

cebubird

back in 2012, my husband was in need of A- , i went to cebu consulate, Mr john domingo was really helpful he emailed 200 expat and i got two from him, on the street begging no luck there they think im kinda scam bag but i was desprate for my husband life i wasn't shamed asking the stranger out the street. when i was on the taxi cab the driver asked what was my problem and told him i need blood and said his going to take me to the TV station in ABS CBN mandaue who he happened to know the guy there which i got inside and telling the world what i needed and put my cell number out the public, sure enough about two hours got phone call from locals that they have a friends whos blood A- and they are welling to sell it,, see they won't donate they sell and they know your desprate and they gave you high price too but i have no choice .. i lost all their contacts because my cell phone is stolen. you might be able to ask the cebu doctors hospital blood banks to see if they can give you thier records. wish your friend the best!!!

Yep--and the situation with you and Del, was a real eye-opener as I used to give my A- regularly back in US, and these idiots here wouldn't let me give 'cause of my age.

Monsoon

friends whos blood A- and they are welling to sell it,, see they won't donate they sell and they know your desprate and they gave you high price too but i have no choice .

Nothing like that love and compassion the Filipino shows for his fellow man! 

• Like 2

Headshot

Thanks, that's a good idea about contacting John Domingo at the Cebu US Consulate. If anyone knows him or could go by the Consulate and speak to him early next week that would be great. I'm quite a ways out of the city. Thanks again.

You're better off just emailing him. I will PM you his email address.

enoonmai

John Domingo sent out a mass mailing just a few minutes ago so that should help things considerably. Thank you!

• Like 3

Headshot

John Domingo sent out a mass mailing just a few minutes ago so that should help things considerably. Thank you!

You're welcome. He does this sort of thing all the time.

enoonmai

John has advised that the doctors say his condition has stabilized and there is no further need for blood doners. I will notify John Domingo as well. They are leaving on the 18th and will be going to Tulane University Hospital for treatment. He wants to thank everyone for all the help and support, he and his family are very grateful.

• Like 6