Sign in to follow this  
daenselot

Tuna fishing

colemanlee

I cant imagine the ride they must get when they hook up, damn, I bet thats fun

• Like 2

SailfishBay

attachicon.gifGEDC0298 (800x450).jpgattachicon.gifGEDC0298 (800x450).jpgattachicon.gifGEDC0298 (800x450).jpgattachicon.gifGEDC0299 (450x800).jpgattachicon.gifGEDC0300 (800x600).jpgI took pictures of big yellow fin tuna just coming off the boat on Camiguin in Nov. and Dec. After Dec. the sea is to rough and the tuna boats stop going out. They fish between Camiguin and Bohol in deep water when there is no moon out. I would love to go out fishing for these hogs, but not interested in small boats they use. These boats go out in the evening and return in the morning. I attached some pic's I took. Some of these Bad Boys were over 100 kilo

look like dog tooth yellows to me but could be wide eyed tuna

SailfishBay

In Dumaguete market you will find a lot of frigate tuna (mackeral), 18-24 inches, and skipjack up to about 3 feet. Yellowfin is available too but not as plentiful, as it comes from farther offshore.

I think yellowfin is more common down south, Davao and GenSan...

Albacore rules!

can't be skipjacks at 3 feet that is huge

• Like 1

Dublin boy

Oh for a decent boat in the Philippines. What fun to hook into one of those bad boys

lazydays

I think yellowfin is more common down south, Davao and GenSan...

GenSan, Tuna Capital of the World.

The best of it is exported to Japan.

post-6307-0-45283300-1429494052_thumb.jpg

post-6307-0-67470000-1429494442_thumb.jpg

Edited by lazydays
  • Like 1

davedude

Oh for a decent boat in the Philippines. What fun to hook into one of those bad boys

Yes! Thats what I am talking about!