Sign in to follow this  
Paul

This is why I am glad I am home...

tim

Got a foot of snow and went down to 11 degrees (F) last night in Memphis .... but in 3 days Daylight saving times begin ... spring is on it's way.... :yahoo:

Paul

I had a heat rash develop up both arms after about 4 hours there.

I did too. But, mine was when I was in the US this trip! I had a chronic cough while there. I had rashes on my face and arms while there. I had dry skin - like an alligator, while there. All of it went away, 100% of each issue, within being back here less than 24 hours.  

will just say the PI isn't the place to be way overweight

Why not? I have been the vast majority of time I have been i SE Asia. Trouble is, historically anyway, I have always lost weight while outside these countries, and gained weight upon returning. Never has failed in the past. However, this time, I am not going to let my weight loss while abroad, go to waste. 

Got a foot of snow and went down to 11 degrees (F) last night in Memphis

What is this snow you speak of, sir? 

tim

2057ae0a-4fb7-44c8-bf7c-7b18b58dc91f.jpg

Memphis last night...

Edited by tim
  • Like 1

Paul

Yep. More confirmation that I left juuuuuuuust in time.

• Like 1

easy44

The first time I ever stepped off a plane (and I mean one step) It was like BAMMMM 100 plus degrees F. The first thought that went through my head is (holy hell.....how am I going to endure this for a month). I had a heat rash develop up both arms after about 4 hours there. Within a few hours of that I was diving and that's about what I do every day there...dive or fish! I just stay in the water the most part of my vacations or swim in resort pools. To no one who has ever been to the Philippines, let me just say it is one hot and humid place.

giphy.gif

Yes, it is hot and humid, but I don't think I have ever seen 100 degrees here.  Usual temperatures are 85 - 95, and 95 would be rare.  It's more the humidity than the temp that gets to you.

• Like 3

batman2525

That's worse than Miami.

You mean that's Better than Miami

but in 3 days Daylight saving times begin

3 days...?? end of March in UK.

tim

3 days...?? end of March in UK.

Daylight saving time this weekend... really Sunday night at at 1 am .. the clock spring forward .

While my wife and I were dating she could never get a real grip of the time difference when Daylight saving time would change. I would be 13 hours behind their time (Memphis) and then I would be 14 hours behind their time. Now that she lives here in Memphis. her family back in Cebu City has the same problems with the time difference...

• Like 1

Pman

Worse, hell. This is heaven, man. One fan running in the background, just to keep the air moving about the room. That's all I need.

Oh, yes. That was after midnight. Geez, I changed the settings to Fahrenheit for you lot who don't know how to use proper measurements (READ: Celsius). And, you still aren't sure about what you are seeing. :D :D

People keep I jumping all over me for loving it here, but I'm in heaven too.

I'm just sitting on the porch enjoying this nice breeze flowing through the palm trees looking out over the ocean 20 meters from my porch... Heaven.

Edit to add pic of right now:

post-15816-0-84442600-1425697034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pman
  • Like 5

cvgtpc1

Why not? I have been the vast majority of time I have been i SE Asia. Trouble is, historically anyway, I have always lost weight while outside these countries, and gained weight upon returning. Never has failed in the past. However, this time, I am not going to let my weight loss while abroad, go to waste. 

Well for one thing I can't sit inside any trike like I used to with my honey when we met LOL  

Hopefully you won't gain the weight back as easy as I do!

Problem, at least mine, is it comes back double!

Edited by cvgtpc1
  • Like 1

Paul

I'm just sitting on the porch enjoying this nice breeze flowing through the palm trees looking out over the ocean 20 meters from my porch... Heaven.

You're welcome. :D :D

CardiacKid

Yes, it is hot and humid, but I don't think I have ever seen 100 degrees here.  Usual temperatures are 85 - 95, and 95 would be rare.  It's more the humidity than the temp that gets to you.
 Heat and humidity were never a problem for us in Cebu. I simply had to think of Miami in August and I cooled off. Seriously though, I never had a problem with the climate. Health permitting, would love to visit there again. 

Pman

You're welcome. :D :D

???

I added pic the my previous post of what it's like sitting here right now.

• Like 1

BossHog

Yes, it is hot and humid, but I don't think I have ever seen 100 degrees here. 

i've run a recording weather station for years in d'phils. the hottest temp we ever got was 36C (96-97F)

and that was rare.

a few months a year we can get stretches of 34-35C highs but normally 32 or so is the high temp.

I don't consider the Philippines a particularly hot country at all.

• Like 1

Hy H

i've run a recording weather station for years in d'phils. the hottest temp we ever got was 36C (96-97F)

and that was rare.

a few months a year we can get stretches of 34-35C highs but normally 32 or so is the high temp.

I don't consider the Philippines a particularly hot country at all.

True.  Only the humidity varies what makes it feel uncomfortable to many. 

miles-high

I would rather use air conditioners 24/7 than keep the heaters on 24/7… I’d stay in the area where it’s always Spring (e.g., HI) or Summer (e.g., PI)… :D

• Like 1