Sign in to follow this  
Paul

This is why I am glad I am home...

cvgtpc1

That's sitting outside under the stars with a cigar and drink weather!

Love those province night skies, can see entire galaxies.

• Like 3

Paul

Oh, I can't forget - Jimmy Buffett Playin', in that list. :)

jimmy-buffett_r.jpg

Edited by Paul
  • Like 4

death_by_cupcake

Is that 12:30am at 81 degrees Fahrenheit?

And, am I seeing the highs of the week at 97-99.  That's worse than Miami.

• Like 3

Paul
And, am I seeing the highs of the week at 97-99.  That's worse than Miami.

Worse, hell. This is heaven, man. One fan running in the background, just to keep the air moving about the room. That's all I need. 

Oh, yes. That was after midnight. Geez, I changed the settings to Fahrenheit for you lot who don't know how to use proper measurements (READ: Celsius). And, you still aren't sure about what you are seeing. :D :D

Edited by Paul
  • Like 6

JollyJim

You left too early Paul, its going to be in the 60s for the next week, that's bike riding weather.

Paul

You left too early Paul, its going to be in the 60s for the next week, that's bike riding weather.

Yeah. Okay. Not for me, it isn't, Jim. You Oregonians hit the beach about those temps too. I'm sorry. I need about another 20 to 30 degrees (F), before I can thaw out and hit the water.

• Like 2

Baywak

I was going to start a topic asking you that very question Paul,just couldn't figure out how to word it.How's the chickens doing?

We will be in Cambodia,vietnam and the Pinas in October.Tired of the Pinas full time,thinking about settling in the outshirts of Danang near Hoa An.

Paul

How's the chickens doing?

Not sure. Picture having a chicken farm in the Philippines, running it, training them how to run it, and then leaving for 3.5 months. :D I'm scared to go look, honestly! 

We will be in Cambodia,vietnam and the Pinas in October.

A bit far ahead for me. But, it would be great to meet up, whether here, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, or Sihanoukville. 

• Like 1

Hamm

post-8010-0-14218900-1425667310_thumb.jpg

And this is why I'm NOT glad to be home. One week into March in Maryland, not Minnesota for pete's sake.

• Like 1

Paul

attachicon.gif1907566_10153155794819528_6915820799805586220_n.jpg

And this is why I'm NOT glad to be home. One week into March in Maryland, not Minnesota for pete's sake.

Too small - the photo and the temp. :D

Hamm

post-8010-0-40429600-1425671319_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

DWC

The first time I ever stepped off a plane (and I mean one step) It was like BAMMMM 100 plus degrees F. The first thought that went through my head is (holy hell.....how am I going to endure this for a month). I had a heat rash develop up both arms after about 4 hours there. Within a few hours of that I was diving and that's about what I do every day there...dive or fish! I just stay in the water the most part of my vacations or swim in resort pools. To no one who has ever been to the Philippines, let me just say it is one hot and humid place.

giphy.gif

Edited by DWC
  • Like 2

Baywak

Try eating a lot of watermelons and cucumbers.

For most folks that I know they adapt to the Philippine heat in a week or so and that's if it bothers them at all.

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

I don't adapt easy....will just say the PI isn't the place to be way overweight, but knocking it off before next trip.  Love going in January, temps are very pleasant then.

I'd say Vegas was the worst for me.  First step outside the terminal felt like my eyes were about to boil out of my head, but easy to get used to with the low humidity.

• Like 2