Sign in to follow this  
rtc926

Sending USD to the Philippines.

Lee

Wells Fargo account holders in the USA can transfer up to $3000 USD to a dollar account at BPI, BDO, PNB or MetroBank for a flat fee of only $5 - with the Wells Fargo "ExpressSend" service.

I tried that to my BPI account a while back, they would not transfer dollars, only pesos, and they killed me on the exchange rate, so the $5 fee was far from the actual cost, if I remember correctly they hit me for just about 2 pesos per dollar, so $3000 was around p5000 in cost plus the $5. Possibly things changed since then but if the do not allow dollars to be transferred, then look out for the exchange rate loss.

Paul

yes   will show u the ropes i am always in Ayala mall at Bo's on the terraces out side  11 am or so till 3pm most days gray hair and shorts

And big, as in tall - not fat. 

Monsoon

Wells Fargo account holders in the USA can transfer up to $3000 USD to a dollar account at BPI, BDO, PNB or MetroBank for a flat fee of only $5 - with the Wells Fargo "ExpressSend" service.

Express Send does not send USD, it sends PHP at a very bad rate. 

If you think that transaction only costs you $5, maybe we should meet up sometime, I have a nice portfolio of swamp prime  land and bridges for sale. 

• Like 3

Phillovescebu

Tonny,

Would love to meet up with you for a coffee sometime and pick your brain.

Phil

mark kapfer

don't use wells fargo to send peso, just sent 21k to daughter in feb and for exchange was 44.5 and they were going to only give me 42.3 so send us dollar cost 45 to wire and she got usd there and bank gave her 43.9 exchange rate

tonny

ok Phil. smart  9989985992   ........... with zero  in front all those numbers be in town till the 28th then go to ormoc to see my daughter

awards function  for her first grade class ,,,,,,,,, she just turn six in Jan.  and now off to the second grade not like me for sure,,,,, she wants to come back to Cebu for a few days and shop and see my new place. Found a brand new duplex near Car Car will be the first in the place real nice huge yard,,,, 300 or more meters off the off the south road ,2 bedrooms  each unit  real nice on wide new concrete road at 10,000 Pesos each. So i took  both units . ,now try to find a good couple for the other unit  with no family moving in just a expat and wife or girl friend and one child ok,,,,, as don't need a lot of noise, has big front porch and plenty of parking  and good dirty kitchen  with extra CR and good size bed bedrooms  with new air cons  unfurnished  but screens and dark glass windows ,,,, in   Lahug, Cebu City, would be 20,000 each maybe and not far to that swimming pool on south road near car car. and the scared heart school bus picks up kids on that road for 900 pesos a month with smart bro direct line of sight internet and wired cable outlets  and a cool breeze from the near by sea  and good  expat neighbors who  come from Australia for six months each year. The owner lived in the USA before  ,,, now older don't want to manage it as he lives in Cebu City  proper and runs a business of his ,he has two caretakers near by to take care of the huge yard, and watch the place. Cant believe my luck!!!!  when we went too Sugars to eat did not think i was going to find this deal with all the stuff you never find. I GUESS a reverse Murphy s Law  :) PS Paul if i owe you any thing let me know ok and can give you a few pictures also if you can slip them in, he building fence around it also

Edited by tonny

presbo

I don't know why some of you are getting such bad exchange rates from ExpressSend at Wells Fargo.  Yesterday I just sent 15,000 php to myGF to pickup at BDO. 

Bank exchange rate published on internet was 44.6 and the bank sent the money at 44.0347 exchange rate.  So only a little more than 1/2 a peso difference, plus the $5 fee.