• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skywalker

• broden

• lamoe

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another friend of mine has just announced that he is in a committed relationship with somebody online.   They've never met.   My friend has been to Cebu a few times on holiday (he's from Hawaii) a

Ive related it here somewhere before, I was in a "committed relationship" before I got here, for at least two years, its much too long to go into again but after being here for about eight months livi

i suppose you fall in love with what you believe them to be... then you meet and either they are who you imagined or not   the biggest problem is probably that your vision will likely be clouded by

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i suppose you fall in love with what you believe them to be... then you meet and either they are who you imagined or not

the biggest problem is probably that your vision will likely be clouded by your own imaginings .. the pedestal you put them on

and the longer you've had to construct your beliefs of what that person is that could be worse

though people do the same thing when they know someone face to face sometimes

what can ya do really.. wish him luck

• Like 9

Also, don't underestimate the power of cognitive dissonance (and pride). Once people have established a certain belief in their mind (and announced it to others), they will often be willing to go through all sorts of pain, rather than change the belief (and admit they were wrong).

• Like 4
Skywalker

It just seems so....immature.  I'm not trying to be judgemental, I just can't see the logic of it.

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

people want something bad enough they find a way to have it no matter if it exists or not

• Like 3
NHANORAK

There are many happy Western male Filipino female marriages resulting from Pen Pal relationships. They were not even able to skype in the days of those marriages, but both parties knew what they wanted and took a chance. Sure there are some failures, but as almost half of UK marriages are expected to end in divorce now, its probably no worse than that.

While there is less of a gap in western and filipino women attitudes , it still exists. So some men still see themselves being happier with a Filipino wife. However, now they have the advantage of actually  hearing them speak on line as well, so in fact its actually improving the chances of making the right decision.

If you skype someone regularly, isn't it possible to build some affection for them? As love is a feeling of affection, surely its possible. No not possible to be deeply in love.

Edited by NHANORAK
  • Like 5
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

my wife and i were pen pals since we were kids

but it never struck us at all till we met... then it did 

• Like 3
David Spicer

Even worse are the men who send money to women here that they've never met.

Edited by David Spicer
  • Like 6
Skywalker

men who send money

Okay that's a slightly different set up.  The financial aspects of any relationship can be viewed differently.

But how can an emotional attachment be achieved with a person that you've never experienced a real physical meeting, and got to know in the sense of social interaction?

lamoe

If you skype someone regularly, isn't it possible to build some affection for them? As love is a feeling of affection, surely its possible. No not possible to be deeply in love.

Affection is not the same as love but desperation can confuse the issue for both him and her

• Like 2
For Real

Even worse are the men who send money to women here that they've never met.

Well it's a value exchange if and only if the lady is an adult and shows a bit of booby.

Becomes a problem then the blokes marry the first one who shows them their left tit.

Edited by For Real
  • Like 2
SkyMan

I just can't see the logic of it.
You're trying to involve logic in an emotional situation?  <snicker>
  • Like 2
Skywalker

You're trying to involve logic in an emotional situation?  

Hehe,  yeah I understand the complexities involved.  I was sort of alluding towards the nuts and bolts of forming a friendship with regard to building up to an actual relationship, which incorporates the usual (old fashioned?) contact, initial meeting, dating, intimacy and perhaps sex, meeting the others parents/friends/family, going on holiday together (that is often the deal maker/breaker) and then perhaps a proposal leading to a more serious level.

That kind of logic.

Rather than, internet blah blah blah, lets take it to the next level.......   :dreams:

Maybe I'm chasing an idea that has past it's use-by-date.

• Like 1
lucky138

Had a guy who gave some of us with Filipina brides but he is now on Match. com is their really any difference???   I have not met one guy here who is married to a Filipina who does not say he wishes he could retire in the Philippines.  This is true from the richest guy in our county to some of the younger ones just scrapping by.