Rules for Staying Safe in the Philippines

You can have anyone killed in the Philippines cheap.  Riding-in-tandem assassins have a high success rate and they rarely get caught.

If you live in the Philippines, live by two simple rules.  Don't be confrontational and don't show off your wealth.

• Like 6
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• throttleplate

• XBroker

• tomaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fly to the Philippines. Buy a lot .Build a 3 meter tall fence , top it with broken glass and razor wire. Build a concrete bunker inside the walls ,make sure all Windows are covered in steel bars with

There are more rules than that. I don't have the time or inclination to make a comprehensive list, but here are a few of the biggies off the top of my head:   1. Don't get involved in politics, or a

If you open a competitive business don't be successful.

smokey

There are more rules than that. I don't have the time or inclination to make a comprehensive list, but here are a few of the biggies off the top of my head:

1. Don't get involved in politics, or a pair of those riding-in-tandem assassins you mentioned may very well be coming to pay you a visit.

2. Don't get involved in Filipino vs. Filipino matters.

3. Don't engage in heated arguments.

4. Mind your own business.

you forgot but enjoy your life ... I like number 4 the most

• Like 6
Headshot

Stay away from drunks...especially Filipino drunks.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 6
A_Simple_Man

If you live in the Philippines, live by two simple rules.  Don't be confrontational and don't show off your wealth.

Ya mean like the German fellow who was killed in MacDonalds?  I read that he ran away in an attempt to not be confrontational and he surely did not go to MacDonalds to show how wealthy he was so those two rules just give a false sense of security.  But if it makes ya feel better then feel free to do what you want.

• Like 2
Headshot

In the end...nothing can keep you totally safe. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time...you may be out of luck.

• Like 6
miles-high

at the wrong time

I would think 4:20 a.m. would not be so safe at many places around the world... I've been to that Macdo once... during the day time... not a good area, I don't think...

5. Do not borrow money to anyone. The person you borrow to may be ok (but still do not do it) it is all the others that come knocking later when the rumor spreads that can pose a danger cos u denied them, in addition to the chance of the previous ok person now have the burning shame of not being able to repay you. 

If some1 comes asking cos of an emergency you are better of giving them as much as u feel u can, and now u have a friend for life. 

Edited by Runian
  • Like 3
tomaw

Number 4 is 1,2 and 3 rolled into one.
throttleplate

i treat locals as they treat me,most are good to me but on rare occasions some are aholes whom i have and will continue to tell them in their language to get away from me and yes they are usually drunk. Just because i live here doesnt mean when out in public i have to take their shit.

Just last week while buying kids ice cream with their parents watching some drunk ahole comes up to me and no english starts feckin with me and being a pest and wont go away so i told him in his language to go away and he was shocked as he turned and repeated what i said to all who would listen and he finally took off.

• Like 2
tomaw

i treat locals as they treat me,most are good to me but on rare occasions some are aholes whom i have and will continue to tell them in their language to get away from me and yes they are usually drunk. Just because i live here doesnt mean when out in public i have to take their shit.Just last week while buying kids ice cream with their parents watching some drunk ahole comes up to me and no english starts feckin with me and being a pest and wont go away so i told him in his language to go away and he was shocked as he turned and repeated what i said to all who would listen and he finally took off.

I guess you were lucky. I wonder what would have happened if you just acted like you didn't understand his language.

Just build a high wall round your house, put some broken glass on the top and don't go out. Simple.

• Like 1
throttleplate

I guess you were lucky. I wonder what would have happened if you just acted like you didn't understand his language.

i did ignore him but after awhile it gets to the point where he followed me every step i walked to get away from him and finally had enough of his shit. I was there buying ice cream for the little kids as i do often and i get 30 kids around me and i get them to stand in line at the ice cream vendors cart and buy the cups that cost 5php so i can get as many kids as i can an ice cream and keep the cost down and then the asshole shows up and fecks it all up. 

• Like 1
throttleplate

i know when to walk away as to not get confrontational as it might not end well for me but i also know when to stand my ground and defend my right to be out in public and not be afraid to go places. If ya all want to run away anytime you feel threatened then you shouldnt go anywhere without your wife to protect you from the jungle savages.

• Like 1