Building My First House in the Phils

The OP is no longer a member here so I will just lock this thread since he can't answer.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Balay

• Lee From Cebu

• fanboat

• SkyMan

The OP is no longer a member here so I will just lock this thread since he can't answer.

I am back .........

I was fully prepared to post my personally experiences and knowledge to those who cared to read my posts all for FREE. I would of have given you in my opinion the do's and don'ts from what I already experienced and paid.

Then........... some moderator took a personal disliking to me and started to moderate my posts and even banned me. I don't even know why I was banned, but a warning or PM of what I did wrong could of been a courtasy for someone who was giving very valuable, acurate info for FREE.

Since he has a personal issue with me and in my opinion to Filipinos in general, the site lost a valuable contributor. Someone with a HUGE powertool collection ! He wanted to play GOD. Since I was banned for over a year the site missed out on day to day updates and a years worth of some of the most important subjects when moving to the Phils and making a substaintial lifetime investment !

Then I met Paul in person and we got on well, enjoyed the same drink and I asked him if I can come back. He graciously agreed and I will now ONLY help people who I like and also have something positive to contribute that I am interested in.

So you can Thank the moderator if I don't help you, and you can thank Paul if I do.

Edited by Admin
Lee From Cebu

Thats to bad a detailed account of building a house in the phils ie:costs,time,labour,sourceing material would have been a great addition to the forums.And updated day to day even better :welcome2:

DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT USE GI PIPE FOR PLUMBING... USE BLUE 1/2 " pvc for all in door plumbing

I am sorry, I disagree.

I would not even use blue pvc, use PPR pipe. I put a 300 liter Solar Water heater on the my roof. It is NOT recommended you use blue PVC when using a hot water heater that is capable of high temperatures.

As far as widows go, if your on a budget you can opt for steel casement windows (Citi Hardware 2,600 3 ftx3ft) more or less depending on the size. they come with built in window bars albeit not as good as custom made bars which are very expensive and can be pried off quicker then the casements can be cut..... Karl

All my windows frames will be custom made with aluminium powder coated to look like wood. I am NOT going to be putting bars on my windows because I don't feel like living in a jail. I have other security for that.

wow that really sucks...so much for free speech

maybe someone should ban ----------

Edited by Admin

:welcome2: back, So hows the house?

It is coming along well.

Since I only have 4 workers it may seem slow but it is easier to source the materials and spread out the costs.

Thats to bad a detailed account of building a house in the phils ie:costs,time,labour,sourceing material would have been a great addition to the forums.And updated day to day even better :welcome2:

Since you are one of the selected few who has walked my project and seen it in person.

You are MORE than welcome to give your honest opinion on my craftmenship here in this thread. You have worked on and seen some 1st classes houses in Canada. So if you seen something I missed of could give me some constructive criticism on my project I will be very much appreciative.

You are also welcome to come back any time.

wow that really sucks...so much for free speech

Well I understand this site is not a democracy and is owned by one person but moderated and administered by a few.

It is also moderated by the admins, who, in this case, have removed part of your post.

:welcome2:

Edited by Alan S
rmoved offensive comments
Lee From Cebu

Thank you for the tour :biggrin_01: Your house is looking great the quality is first rate and the design is very nice. nice location and a beautiful yard that just needs to be cleaned up from a little over growth. I hope you forget your grudge against a certain mod and share your knowlege with the rest of the members.I believe when finished it will be one of the nicest places around cebu the total package. :thumbsup: beautiful home,tropical shaded yard,and right on the beach with a view of the sunrise and a sandy beach.I also was impressed with the materials you have used your home is built to last.

Thank you for the tour :biggrin_01: Your house is looking great the quality is first rate and the design is very nice. nice location and a beautiful yard that just needs to be cleaned up from a little over growth. I hope you forget your grudge against a certain mod and share your knowlege with the rest of the members.I believe when finished it will be one of the nicest places around cebu the total package. :thumbsup: beautiful home,tropical shaded yard,and right on the beach with a view of the sunrise and a sandy beach.I also was impressed with the materials you have used your home is built to last.

Thanks for the feedback.

Once I am done with the construction of the pool, I will do all the landscaping. What you seen WAS cut back from when I got the property. Remember I bought it from a German botanist that LOVED trees and plants even more than I do. When I bought it he asked me what my plans were with the plants and trees, he did NOT want me to clear cut them since he spent the last 20 years on collecting and growing them !

I am sorry but I have now learned to be more private with giving out valuable information and spending time with people, if it is not even appreciated. Maybe if that certian mod was demoted I may think differently. Like I said it is hard NOT to be dispppointed when he is in The Philippines and has personal issues with the Filipino people. I spent my whole life dealing with racism. So I will be more picky on who I share my knowledge of Cebu with now.

I am glad you noticed the building material that was used, some people are still using outdated material and techniques. I wanted to not only build a long lasting house but also one that is the most energy efficient.

Maybe before you leave we can lay out the fireplace !

Lee From Cebu

It would be my pleasure to help you do some stone work :biggrin_01: Im not used to all this relaxing :thumbsup:

It would be my pleasure to help you do some stone work :biggrin_01: Im not used to all this relaxing :thumbsup:

Let me know when you want to go rock hunting.

I know a few good rivers we may be able to source material from.

( of course I know it is illegal to take rocks from the rivers here )

Lee From Cebu

I dont know Im pretty busy :thumbsup: any weekday so it will seem like work :biggrin_01: yeah sounds like fun

Athena

balay......... any chance of you posting photos of your house.......... and give us a chance to see the materials used or even just be able to enjoy the fruit of your labour........... smile.gif