ozboy

So she is on a Tourist Stream Visa/Visitor...subclass 600......did you apply for a partner visa from Philippines???

If this is the case then she will have to go back to Phil before the visa is granted (8-12mnths app) as its a off shore visa and she has to be off shore.....so if she returns then she must do the CFO n get the sticker in her passport or she will not be allowed to leave the country....to re-enter OZ..

Edited by ozboy
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ex231

• SkyMan

• manly4eva

• colemanlee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The CFO Seminar? That's where the nuns tell them about how their western husbands are going to rape, beat, and torture them, prior to burying them in the backyard.    They attempt to fill the girls'

It is my understanding they will not put the sticker in the passport until after an IMMIGRANT visa is issued. Why I have no idea. But CFO gives participants a small (easy to lose) piece of paper as pr

Not 100% sure if you are taking the piss out of me or the coconut ? 

Posted Images

I <3 Cebu

So she is on a Tourist Stream Visa/Visitor...subclass 600......did you apply for a partner visa from Philippines???

If this is the case then she will have to go back to Phil before the visa is granted (8-12mnths app) as its a off shore visa and she has to be off shore.....so if she returns then she must do the CFO n get the sticker in her passport or she will not be allowed to leave the country....to re-enter OZ..

she came to oz on a 3 month visitor visa almost 1 year ago, the partner visa was lodged in aus therefore she remains on bridging visa (A) until apllication is approved, bridging visa B is what she is on for this trip Edited by I <3 Cebu
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Sounds like she's heading for perm residence so I think CFO would be required.  Sorry.

SkyMan

CFO is still at this location in Cebu right by Fuente Osmena - correct? 

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1345&Itemid=843

Yes, as of a few days ago.  It's behind the Shell? station across from the Natl bookstore on Mango.  Bring a copy of the data summary sheet on the envelope received from the embassy from the visa interview.

newbster

Yes, as of a few days ago.  It's behind the Shell? station across from the Natl bookstore on Mango.  Bring a copy of the data summary sheet on the envelope received from the embassy from the visa interview.

Thanks. But there is no visa yet just passport application. My wife was told she needs CFO signoff to finish her passport. She is taking a few things including copy of marriage certificate, a couple of ID's (she doesn't have 2 photo ID's though). Any idea what else specifically to take?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Then what's this CFO Office? My wife got her seminar and sticker here less than a year ago.

Commission on Filipinos Overseas - Cebu Desk
Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner MJ Cuenco Streets, Cebu City, Cebu

Capture.JPG
Edited by Salty Dog
newbster

Wow, that's confusing. We just booked a hotel room (non-refundable) for tomorrow night near Mango. Can anyone clear this up please?

SkyMan

Thanks. But there is no visa yet just passport application. My wife was told she needs CFO signoff to finish her passport. She is taking a few things including copy of marriage certificate, a couple of ID's (she doesn't have 2 photo ID's though). Any idea what else specifically to take?

Ok, so you need the CFO to get her pp in married name.  I would advise her to bring every piece of paper you had to get in order to get married including the seminar certs, the affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR, the CENOMAR, etc.  Also photocopies of your pp including entry/exit stamps. And be aware even with all that they will try to find something else to send her to fetch.

Then what's this CFO Office? My wife got her seminar and sticker here less than a year ago.

Commission on Filipinos Overseas - Cebu Desk
Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner MJ Cuenco Streets, Cebu City, Cebu

That's the old location. Don't go there.  That's why I said...

Yes, as of a few days ago.
Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Ok, so you need the CFO to get her pp in married name.  I would advise her to bring every piece of paper you had to get in order to get married including the seminar certs, the affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR, the CENOMAR, etc.  Also photocopies of your pp including entry/exit stamps. And be aware even with all that they will try to find something else to send her to fetch.

That's the old location. Don't go there.  That's why I said...

Thanks. Sorry for causing confusion.

It was still at the old location in late November when she was last there to get her sticker.

Took her a few minutes and all they wanted to see was her Visa and her CFO certificate.

Edited by Salty Dog
I <3 Cebu

Wow, that's confusing. We just booked a hotel room (non-refundable) for tomorrow night near Mango. Can anyone clear this up please?

Look up "Palladium suites" on google maps, the CFO building is right next door. I was there yesterday, what a load of bs the whole thing was, nearly 7pm we got out of there..

• Like 1
newbster

She's going there tomorrow morning bright and early - any tips on what she needs to bring would be great.

ozboy

This is a funny bit of trivia......before my missus went for her CFO she checked the venue out as a GF told her, if she saw the guard n offered him a bribe, then she wouldn't need to line up early, cos he would give her a number among the 12 slots..

She decided to just go instead and there were not that many there that early.....Sure enough this guard held his hand out...Ma'am I saved you that spot..... :dance:

SkyMan

Thanks. Sorry for causing confusion.   It was still at the old location in late November when she was last there to get her sticker.
Yeah, I sent a girl to the old location to get her sticker a Friday.  When I txted her to see how it was going she said she was still looking for the place near Nat'l bookstore on Mango.  I told her it was downat the old DFA bldg and she said they moved.

Took her a few minutes and all they wanted to see was her Visa and her CFO certificate
The girl just mentioned had that but was sent home to get a copy of the Data Summary Sheet attached to the envelope the embassy gives you when the visa is done.  Just an excuse to send someone out for another trip.  The spirit of the Nazi Nuns lives on.

She's going there tomorrow morning bright and early - any tips on what she needs to bring would be great.

I gave you my answer but maybe others have things to add.  The best answer is really to bring everything you brought with you this trip.  And don't be surprised if they send her packing for something else.

I <3 Cebu

Its country specific but in our case, we booked online last thursday, following monday (yesterday) she checked in at 8am - no need to be extra early as her spot was already secured, then went up stairs for registration, filled out forms, provided 3 forms of ID, waited some more & out of there by 10am.

We went & had lunch at Ayala..

She returned at 1pm for the seminar. They were shown a film that goes for almost 2hrs.. about traffiking, life abroard etc, then a 1.5hr powerpoint presentation about bollocks that most women would know already, they roughly explain cost of living - bread cost $3 & eggs $6 lol.., tell them about their rights, told them to save money for hotel incase of domestic problems - ..AUS actually has free emergency housing for those who qualify (not mentioned).

Then they have the one on one interview (can take a while as only one officer conducting them), lots of questions asked, how/where did you meet, whats your future plans, your partners job, birthday,middle name, partners mothers surname! = dont lie as they may ask follow up questions..

They also do checks on the partner & tell her your marriage history etc.

She had to provide proof of our relationship, we produced our babies birth certificate, all our passports & photos of us together.

After all that & 6hrs later she walks out with the certificate!

We didnt need a sticker but thats easily obtained/hard yards already done.

Edited by I <3 Cebu