Sign in to follow this  
manly4eva

CFO Counselling

cebulover2000

It would defy logic if the husband would be allowed inside. That's the purpose of the seminar anyway, to get lectured about possible dangers etc. involving the husband and his home country. It has been years but as far as I remember the CFO seminar and sticker was the most easy part of the whole process. Just stay calm and follow the  rules, I agree with some posters here, what's the fuss all about?

colemanlee

Im on a couple of forums, and this has been discussed on all of them, here is what Ive learned in a nut shell, if at all possible, Do Not Go To Cebu, they seem to try to make it hard...somebody on one of the forums (I cant remember who or which one) said that years ago the one in Cebu was run by nuns that tried to keep girls from marrying foreigners and though that was years ago, they seemed to have passed that attitude to the present management there..

To a person, everybody that has gone to Manila that posted their experience had no trouble...we have not done the CFO thing yet, its on our list, but when we do we will go to the Manila office

• Like 1

ex231

You are expected to bring a photo album of pics taken together.   Paid the fee of PHP400, got a sticker and out by 12noon.

My wife did the CFO thing Mar 11. She did not bring nor was she asked for a photo album.

She finished about 1:30 pm.

Apparently these CFO classes are like snow flakes .. no two alike.

ozboy

My wife did hers in Cebu '13....besides the early AM lineup to fill the 12 slots available, it was basically lectures on life in OZ and their rights if things went bad.....The one on one private interview after the lectures were over tended to give the younger ladies a more intensive grilling.....

miles-high

My wife did the CFO thing Mar 11. She did not bring nor was she asked for a photo album.

I am guessing but they may have different requirements for the “married” and “fiancé(e)”???  ;)

ex231

I am guessing but they may have different requirements for the “married” and “fiancé(e)”???  ;)

I just asked my wife and you may be right about different requirements. She vaguely recalls being split into fiance/spousal groups. Although honestly I have no idea what difference it should make. Further I think asking for photo albums, presumably to establish relationship, is out of their pay grade and job description.

I can tell you that both my wife and I got the third degree by a newbie BI officer when we went to Singapore. I was rapidly losing my patience humoring her, she was over her head and realized it, and finally let us go.

USMC-Retired

My wife said it was useless now after the fact. She was not grilled hard in Cebu however others were. I think the fact we were married 2+ years and had 2 kids.

miles-high

My wife said it was useless now after the fact.

This is the booklet they used for lecture/discussions:

1.jpg

2.jpg

For most of us, law-abiding citizens, it may be “useless” but I hear horror stories marrying certain foreigners (sham marriage, divorce, sold for prostitution, etc. in fact, I understand some Asian countries enacted laws banning their young girls marrying men from certain countries) and if even one Filipina is saved from such a misery, I think it’s worth it…

I <3 Cebu

1. The CFO Guidance and counselling seminar is not required for filipinas travelling overseas on Tourist visas - my fiancee (gf at the time) traveled to Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand on her own to visit me - they asked her a few questions, but never mentioned CFO while on a visitor visa (she is 22).

2. You cannot get a CFO sticker in your passport without a partner visa - they won't give you a sticker with a visitor visa - you will get a certificate for doing the counselling session, but nothing in your passport.

BTW - who is the "they" saying she needs the CFO

If this question is considered off topic pls let me know & ill start a thread: what if your fiance is here on a bridging visa, still need to waste time & money doing this ?

All the calls made so far are dead ends. The whole thing sounds like a load of bollocks, we are here with a baby (born in aus) & now the mrs & bub may be stuck here..

Edited by I <3 Cebu

mexiwi

If this question is considered off topic pls let me know & ill start a thread: what if your fiance is here on a bridging visa, still need to waste time & money doing this ?

All the calls made so far are dead ends. The whole thing sounds like a load of bollocks, we are here with a baby (born in aus) & now the mrs & bub may be stuck here..

That is a grey area - I am guessing the CFO doodles don't even know what a bridging visa is.

What would happen if you got married and applied for a new passport in her married name at the consulate in Australia - would they make you go back to the Philippines to do a CFO session?

In the end - it's a stupid bloody process.

SkyMan
d: what if your fiance is here on a bridging visa

What do you mean by HERE?  If your profile listed 1 location I would assume HERE was that location but with 2 listed I can only assume here to mean here on the internet.

And what is a bridging visa?

Edited by SkyMan

SkyMan

s) and if even one Filipina is saved from such a misery, I think it’s worth it…
To be honest I would be beyond surprised if the BS in this seminar did the slightest bit of good.  Such a program could have a chance of helping a few girls if done properly but that won't happen here.  So everyone is inconvenienced for no gain.  It's like the "Affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR" required for American's to marry here.  It has not stopped, nor will it ever stop, one single polygamist from marrying in this country.

I <3 Cebu

What do you mean by HERE? If your profile listed 1 location I would assume HERE was that location but with 2 listed I can only assume here to mean here on the internet.

And what is a bridging visa?

Um Cebu.. & sounds like you cant help me if you are unaware of the Australian migration process. Thanks anyway

..not trying to be a smart ass either, considering the topic is about leaving (the philippines)/not coming in plus on my profile it says aus/cebu, not that we live here full time.

Edited by I <3 Cebu

I <3 Cebu

That is a grey area - I am guessing the CFO doodles don't even know what a bridging visa is.

What would happen if you got married and applied for a new passport in her married name at the consulate in Australia - would they make you go back to the Philippines to do a CFO session?

We are taking the steps toward full aus citizenship so my understanding is she will eventually carry a aussie passport, seems in the short term we are going to have to take the journey, just drove 2 hrs & still in process of obtaining police clearence - part of ID requirements. Yaay :-)

Ah & to answer your question, to our knowledge, no. We weren't even told (by anyone,either country) this was a requirement. Perhaps because of the way we went about the migration - she came to aus on a visitor visa & is now on bridging untill partner visa application is approved. From reading it seems the CFO hokey pokey dont apply to tourists.

Edited by I <3 Cebu

ozboy

So she is on a Tourist Stream Visa/Visitor...subclass 600......did you apply for a partner visa from Philippines???

If this is the case then she will have to go back to Phil before the visa is granted (8-12mnths app) as its a off shore visa and she has to be off shore.....so if she returns then she must do the CFO n get the sticker in her passport or she will not be allowed to leave the country....to re-enter OZ..

Edited by ozboy

I <3 Cebu

So she is on a Tourist Stream Visa/Visitor...subclass 600......did you apply for a partner visa from Philippines???

If this is the case then she will have to go back to Phil before the visa is granted (8-12mnths app) as its a off shore visa and she has to be off shore.....so if she returns then she must do the CFO n get the sticker in her passport or she will not be allowed to leave the country....to re-enter OZ..

she came to oz on a 3 month visitor visa almost 1 year ago, the partner visa was lodged in aus therefore she remains on bridging visa (A) until apllication is approved, bridging visa B is what she is on for this trip Edited by I <3 Cebu
  • Like 1

SkyMan

Sounds like she's heading for perm residence so I think CFO would be required.  Sorry.

SkyMan

CFO is still at this location in Cebu right by Fuente Osmena - correct? 

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1345&Itemid=843

Yes, as of a few days ago.  It's behind the Shell? station across from the Natl bookstore on Mango.  Bring a copy of the data summary sheet on the envelope received from the embassy from the visa interview.

newbster

Yes, as of a few days ago.  It's behind the Shell? station across from the Natl bookstore on Mango.  Bring a copy of the data summary sheet on the envelope received from the embassy from the visa interview.

Thanks. But there is no visa yet just passport application. My wife was told she needs CFO signoff to finish her passport. She is taking a few things including copy of marriage certificate, a couple of ID's (she doesn't have 2 photo ID's though). Any idea what else specifically to take?

Salty Dog

Then what's this CFO Office? My wife got her seminar and sticker here less than a year ago.

Commission on Filipinos Overseas - Cebu Desk
Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner MJ Cuenco Streets, Cebu City, Cebu

Capture.JPG
Edited by Salty Dog

newbster

Wow, that's confusing. We just booked a hotel room (non-refundable) for tomorrow night near Mango. Can anyone clear this up please?

SkyMan

Thanks. But there is no visa yet just passport application. My wife was told she needs CFO signoff to finish her passport. She is taking a few things including copy of marriage certificate, a couple of ID's (she doesn't have 2 photo ID's though). Any idea what else specifically to take?

Ok, so you need the CFO to get her pp in married name.  I would advise her to bring every piece of paper you had to get in order to get married including the seminar certs, the affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR, the CENOMAR, etc.  Also photocopies of your pp including entry/exit stamps. And be aware even with all that they will try to find something else to send her to fetch.

Then what's this CFO Office? My wife got her seminar and sticker here less than a year ago.

Commission on Filipinos Overseas - Cebu Desk
Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner MJ Cuenco Streets, Cebu City, Cebu

That's the old location. Don't go there.  That's why I said...

Yes, as of a few days ago.
Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Salty Dog

Ok, so you need the CFO to get her pp in married name.  I would advise her to bring every piece of paper you had to get in order to get married including the seminar certs, the affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR, the CENOMAR, etc.  Also photocopies of your pp including entry/exit stamps. And be aware even with all that they will try to find something else to send her to fetch.

That's the old location. Don't go there.  That's why I said...

Thanks. Sorry for causing confusion.

It was still at the old location in late November when she was last there to get her sticker.

Took her a few minutes and all they wanted to see was her Visa and her CFO certificate.

Edited by Salty Dog