Sign in to follow this  
manly4eva

CFO Counselling

colemanlee

Geez, the CFO is a short and inexpensive task. Why not just do it and get it over with? How much time and effort is it going to take if you get to the airport and she is not allowed to leave?

Sometimes people make such big issues out of nothing, when it would be so much easier to just do it and get it over with to begin with. Amazing.

I guess if we lived in Cebu, didnt have six kids in school I would agree with you, but we have to get somebody to watch the kids, fly to Cebu, get a hotel, its just not that easy

shadow

I guess if we lived in Cebu, didnt have six kids in school I would agree with you, but we have to get somebody to watch the kids, fly to Cebu, get a hotel, its just not that easy

I agree with your point, and for many it is troublesome to get to/from, and then sometimes they ask for more this or that....  My point was that many times people make it more troublesome for themself by trying to circumvent the requirements, rather than just meeting them head on. Many of the people that complain the most about CFO will be in manila for a day or two anyway.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2

manly4eva

Could there be an issue since the OP's gf is still married to a Filipino?

We have asked a signed Affidavit from our Attorney stating that the case is over and we are just awaiting paperwork so I hope this helps at Immigration.

Our troubles also.We are 24 hrs away from Manila at best, so it's not a matter of popping down the road.

I agree with your point, and for many it is troublesome to get to/from, and then sometimes they ask for more this or that....  My point was that many times people make it more troublesome for themself by trying to circumvent the requirements, rather than just meeting them head on. Many of the people that complain the most about CFO will be in manila for a day or two anyway.

I am happy to comply with exit requirements for Philippines but this is NOT a requirement for exit on a tourist visa.My girl is shit scared to leave now because of all the shit the CFO have been telling her about what will happen if she doesn't attend.So she will,and she will front Immigration with the Certificate ( no sticker ) signed affidavit from Atty,$500 USD,my invitation letter,photos of our extended family in Phils including me,phone number for a friend in the DFA and has coached her son what to say if he is asked any questions by Immigration.All this to leave on a F**king tourist visa...Is this Philippines or North Korea? Our plan was for her and our boy to arrive in Manila at 4am Monday morning when the ferry arrives, check into the hotel for the day and then fly out Monday night at 9pm,The less time in Manila the better. Sometimes I forget where we are and I plan things.. :wheel:

• Like 1

Monsoon

It is my understanding they will not put the sticker in the passport until after an IMMIGRANT visa is issued. Why I have no idea. But CFO gives participants a small (easy to lose) piece of paper as proof that you are expected to keep until you do get an immigrant visa at which time return to CFO to get this silly sticker.

My Mrs took that paper with her the first few times she flew out of the country, nobody asked her for it so she stopped doing it.

The whole thing is an exercise in idiocy.

• Like 4

SkyMan

My Mrs took that paper with her the first few times she flew out of the country, nobody asked her for it so she stopped doing it.
Sounds dangerous but yeah, my wife has never been asked for hers.

Monsoon

I just talked to my wife again about this topic as usually she keeps stupid siht to herself unless I ask her. In a nut shell she said they separate them into groups depending on where they're going. It sounded like the biggest part of the class was trying to scare them into changing their minds. They went as far as saying that even if you'd been married a couple of years you didn't really know each other and should be careful. They had them team up by states and exchange numbers in case us evil foreigners exploited them.

Yea they also teach them how to make an international phone call and........

Wait for it........

How to send money to the Philippines.

• Like 3

manly4eva

This the reply to the email I sent asking them why we had to do this when we only have a tourist visa..

Good day Sir, this is Glaesan from CFO, your girlfriend needs to attend the CFO Guidance and Counselling seminar because they are mandated by the law to do so, even when her visa is non-resident or is just temporary. Should you have any futhe questions, please refer to this website :

ex231

Yea they also teach them how to make an international phone call and........

Wait for it........

How to send money to the Philippines.

What is so strange about that? Especially since it's the law  :rofl:

Article 22. Mandatory remittance of foreign exchange earnings. It shall be mandatory for all Filipino workers abroad to remit a portion of their foreign exchange earnings to their families, dependents, and/or beneficiaries in the country in accordance with rules and regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.

This the reply to the email I sent asking them why we had to do this when we only have a tourist visa..

Good day Sir, this is Glaesan from CFO, your girlfriend needs to attend the CFO Guidance and Counselling seminar because they are mandated by the law to do so, even when her visa is non-resident or is just temporary. Should you have any futhe questions, please refer to this website :

If you feel like arguing with a coconut ask him to quote the law since you can't seem to find it :)

• Like 1

Headshot

Where do you pick up the CFO stickers nowadays? In the old days, they had a booth at DFA downtown. Do you now pick them up at DFA in Pacific Mall or someplace else? Does anybody have recent experience with this?

Edited by Headshot

USMC-Retired

After being here a year my wife firmly believes it was an utter waste of time. It is taught by people who have never been to the destinations they are talking about. However if you SO (gf or wife) plans to travel outside the PH go get it done. As Shadow eluded to save yourself the issues at the airport.

• Like 1

manly4eva

If you feel like arguing with a coconut ask him to quote the law since you can't seem to find it :)

Not 100% sure if you are taking the piss out of me or the coconut ?  :unknw::unsure:

• Like 3

newtocebu

They are on a power trip.

My partner was granted a residency visa based on all the information we provided at the time the application was submitted.

CFO said that they would not let her leave because I was still officially married to somebody else. 

They were firm in their stance, despite the fact that the visa was granted on that basis.

They think that they are the highest authority on who should and shouldn't be leaving the country.

• Like 1

maccydee

When you talk about cutting it fine my wife had to attend as she is going to Australia to visit her sister for 2 months. But because I'm british she had to attend the Europe seminar. While she was there there was a filipina pleading with the guy there to let her go early as she was flying to France at 19.30 that evening. They gave her the sticker & let her go at 17.15. Now to get from uptown Cebu to mactan airport at that time of night is really cutting it fine. I hope she made it on time, just goes to show the government will do anything to stop its citizens going overseas.

ex231

Not 100% sure if you are taking the piss out of me or the coconut ?  :unknw::unsure:

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying either as I don't speak ozzie lol .. 

What I meant though was that Dong, who said it was the "law" would probably be hard pressed to give you the specific law because probably the one he is referring to is the one he just made up special for the occasion. And arguing with Dong would be about as productive and rewarding as arguing with a coconut. 

• Like 3