Sign in to follow this  
manly4eva

CFO Counselling

colemanlee

Interestingly enough, the way we found out about it was my wife had put in for her Passport (in her maiden name) before Yolanda hit, we were married shortly after Yolanda so when she went to check on her Passport they told her she had to re apply..She obviously applied in her (now) married name and they told her she could not get a passport without the certificate from the CFO...we had said nothing about where we wanted to go, just wanted a passport for her so we could take vacations here in Asia .....

SkyMan

It took my wife three days to get the CFO.  The first day they sent her off for more paperwork and then the second day they sent her off for more.  She has a tourist visa so she got the certificate which she needed to get her pp in her married name.  They won't give her a sticker on a tourist visa.

OP:  You probably don't need her to do a CFO because she's on tourist visa but maybe immigration at the airport is running a different set of rules.  I'd do the CFO to be sure but don't expect it to be a 1 day deal.

I would suggest she brings all possible paperwork including copies of your pp, pictures of the 2/3 of you, her and your son's BC, etc.

Edited by SkyMan

manly4eva

She rang both the CFO in Manila and Cebu..Explained the visa she has..Australian tourist visa.She was told by both offices to complete the counseling or she would be stopped at immigration because she is coming to visit me.We both understand that this is not required for a tourist visa.But it is what she was told to do..

mexiwi

When my fiancee did hers when she moved to Australia she had to provide a CENOMAR for me, or a Certificate of No Impediment - didn't need it to get her fiancee visa - but the CFO wanted it.

She went to the CFO in Cebu beforehand to get the list of requirements straight from the horses arse mouth. But she lived in Cebu so it was somewhat easier for her to drop by.

CFO are talking out their arse - you don't need it leaving on a visitor visa - just make sure she carries a copy of your passport and have heaps of photos of you 3 on her phone to show the immigration officer - that's the extent that Immigration in Cebu spoke to my fiancee, and my fiancee turned 22 last week, first time she traveled to Australia she was 19, then Malaysia and New Zealand when she was 20.

They grilled her the second time she came to Malaysia - looked me up on the immigration computer to see if I had actually visited the Philippines before - and she showed them a heap of photos of us on her phone. That was when the immigration officer told her next time to just carry a copy of my passport too. But again - never any mention of CFO seminars.

Edited by mexiwi

miles-high

Australian tourist visa

It seems clear to me that only those “Filipinos leaving the country with immigrant visa” need to attend the CFO seminar, see http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139.

My GF and I traveled out of the country 16 times last year and she has never ever been asked for a CFO sticker as all her visas are tourist visas to EU, Japan, Australia (yet to be used) as well as to those no-visa countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, etc…

• Like 1

manly4eva

I wont be traveling with them and this is where the problem is according to the CFO..They said she would be stopped because of insufficient funds for the holiday.I seriously can't make this shit up..Both CFO have told her this.So I said show the invitation letter I used to get the visa..Thats when they said again you are visiting your boyfriend you need a sticker.

ex231

I just talked to my wife again about this topic as usually she keeps stupid siht to herself unless I ask her. In a nut shell she said they separate them into groups depending on where they're going. It sounded like the biggest part of the class was trying to scare them into changing their minds. They went as far as saying that even if you'd been married a couple of years you didn't really know each other and should be careful. They had them team up by states and exchange numbers in case us evil foreigners exploited them.

As for leaving the country without the sticker I took my wife to Singapore and a CFO sticker was never mentioned however we did get the third degree from the newbie immigration lady that wasn't able to find my arrival stamp .. you know, the one in red.

mexiwi

I wont be traveling with them and this is where the problem is according to the CFO..They said she would be stopped because of insufficient funds for the holiday

My fiancee was never asked about money - she always had her hotel bookings when going to Malaysia - although that was for Malaysian Immigration, who never asked her a thing, and she always had her US$500 emergency money in case she got stuck somewhere.

But they never asked how she would support herself.

There is guidance from the BI about secondary screening "for the purpose of protecting vulnerable victims of human trafficking, illegal recruitment and other related offenses."

But no mention of the CFO unless emigrating

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/travel-req

manly4eva

My fiancee was never asked about money - she always had her hotel bookings when going to Malaysia - although that was for Malaysian Immigration, who never asked her a thing, and she always had her US$500 emergency money in case she got stuck somewhere.

But they never asked how she would support herself.

There is guidance from the BI about secondary screening "for the purpose of protecting vulnerable victims of human trafficking, illegal recruitment and other related offenses."

But no mention of the CFO unless emigrating

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/travel-reE

Thanks for the link....................This was my exact point to my girl.You are not emigrating nor are you an OFW so there is no need..She knows that we don't need it but once someone in the office at CFO put it into her head, the questions started.When she went to went to China in 2011 as a tourist and had to do the secondary screening.All they did was take her invitation letter and make her sit in a room for 45 mins.My problem is if one of these idiots do this,she misses the flight and I'm down 2 grand.She will have cash,my address and the invitation letter also so I'm guessing this will be ok.But I have done a google search and noted that some that had all the requirements have still been held up long enough to miss thier flights causing financial loss.I have just sent the CFO and email and asked for confirmation that it is not necessary so I have it in writing...I can't believe I am even having to do this..

manly4eva

Just had the missus call the CFO in Manila again because I am 100% sure we dont need to do this stupid shit.The officer's reply was yes you do.We wont receive a sticker in the passport because it is a tourist visa...Ha Ha no kidding..But after your seminar and interview with the counselor you might get your GCP or certificate of attainment if the counselor is happy with the interview otherwise you may be recalled for a further interview.So some ***** is the one to dertimine is she can leave the country..This leaves me without a sure date to book flights.It amazes me how often people in these positions don't know the rules they are enforcing nor the ability to think outside the square.She was told that because she is visiting me she needs this done even she has the incorrect visa,if it was just a friend and not a boyfriend she wouldn't need it but then she would be stopped anyway because airport immigration would not believe a friend would pay for such a trip. :wheel::killself: ...... If I had travelled with them I am sure this would have all been avoided.

Steve and Myrlita

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Filipinos are not free to travel inspite of their own constitution and actually need the government's permission to leave.

• Like 2

colemanlee

We were not planning on going anywhere, my wife just wanted a passport in case we could go on vacation to Thailand or something, because she is married to a forgnieer they want her to take the CFO class....what the hell, we are living here and dont plan on living in the states???  There is no visa cause we just want her passport   WTF

shadow

Geez, the CFO is a short and inexpensive task. Why not just do it and get it over with? How much time and effort is it going to take if you get to the airport and she is not allowed to leave?

Sometimes people make such big issues out of nothing, when it would be so much easier to just do it and get it over with to begin with. Amazing.

• Like 2

Highlighter

My problem is if one of these idiots do this,she misses the flight and I'm down 2 grand.

Mate, this doesn't help much with regards to a CFO but for a few dollars you can buy insurance.

Salty Dog

My wife did it for her Passport. We carried the certificate when we later went to Singapore just in case.

We didn't mention it, but they asked her for it. Of course since she had a Passport in my name, they knew she had attended the seminar.

Could there be an issue since the OP's gf is still married to a Filipino?

Edited by Salty Dog