Sign in to follow this  
manly4eva

CFO Counselling

manly4eva

Not sure if this is the correct place to post.Please move if needed.

I managed to secure a tourist visa for my girl and our boy to come to Australia for 3 months whilst we are waiting on her annulment to be finalized.We will then apply for the fiance visa.So anyway this is what one would expect to be the difficult part,the visa right?? Wrong...She has now been told that she must attend the CFO counselling,you know the one..The one for OFW'S and migrants..Well now they tell her that even she is travelling on a tourist visa,she must have this done because she will be coming to meet me.If she doesn't have the sticker she would be detained at the airport and refused exit.They told her that Immigration would never allow a Filipina to exit to Australia on a tourist visa because they are sure that they would be meeting a man because they just couldn't afford it alone.So we make many calls to both Manila and Cebu CFO and the DFA and have been told,no need to do it,yes you must do it,maybe you should do it..The usual responses I guess.So the next question she askes is how long will this take , I am booked in on Monday 9th March for the seminar and want to secure flights for the Monday night ? The response is sorry mam we can't say how long it will take.The session will take about 3 hrs but we don't know when you will get the sticker.It might be a day or week.So please dont book any flights until you get your sticker..So as she is 24 hrs away from Manila by jeep,boat,bus and donkey I am left with the options,book a ticket and then have to change it,( FEES ) ,send her back home to wait,maybe an hour maybe a week,or put them up in a hotel in Manila for how ever long it takes...Bloody hell can't anything be simple in this country?

Surely they must run out of hoops to jump through?

ex231

My wife just went through that in Manila. They tell you to come an hour and a half before the seminar, so she was there from about 7:30am til 2pm.. Don't believe the 3 hour BS. As for the sticker I can't say for sure because at the time my wife hadn't got her visa so she has to go back. They led us to believe it's pretty much a walk in deal that might take 20-30 minutes .. but as you know, what they tell you and what happens isn't always the same thing.

Edited by ex231

manly4eva

My wife just went through that in Manila.

Just a few questions if I may? Was yours for the US ? Mine is for OZ but I imagine its all the same..Did it start on time or on Filipina time? Our session time is at 2pm so she has to be there at 12.30.How long has your wife been waiting for the sticker? Have you been notified and just waiting for a convenient time to collect it ?  I have read online that if you have the visa already you will get the sticker on the same day.

Cheers Ron

colemanlee

Its not the same, for some reason its country specific, your country....we still have to go to Cebu to get ours...I still dont understand what they want to tell them in the lecture...we have been married for a while...wife is not going anywhere to work....Its more fun here

ex231

Hers was for the US but my wife said there were girls going to different countries. She said it started filipino time. She just did the seminar a couple of weeks ago and we are planning on going to Manila a day or two before we head to the US and getting the sticker then. Not sure that is a GOOD plan, but that's the plan.

Edited by ex231

manly4eva

She will do hers in Manila.I understand thats its different for each country in a sense but was just wondering if the actual process was similar.My biggest gripe is I can't book flights and that this is for migrating Filipinas or OFW'S not for people on a tourist visa.I'm still hoping that she will get the sticker on the same day..Dare to dream....

colemanlee

Hers was for the US but my wife said there were girls going to different countries. She said it started filipino time. She just did the seminar a couple of weeks ago and we are planning on going to Manila a day or two before we head to the US and getting the sticker then. Not sure that is a GOOD plan, but that's the plan.

Did she tell you what the lecture was about?  I would love to know what they say to them....

• Like 1

ozboy

If she has her visa then she can pick up her sticker straight away after CFO....make sure you take all docs, passport n visa approval....cheers

Paul

Did she tell you what the lecture was about?

The CFO Seminar? That's where the nuns tell them about how their western husbands are going to rape, beat, and torture them, prior to burying them in the backyard. 

They attempt to fill the girls' heads full of all sorts of shite.

• Like 8

davidn

Did she tell you what the lecture was about?  I would love to know what they say to them....

My fiance has recently attended. They get all the scare stories about evil foreigners abandoning them at the airport, or even failing to turn to meet them. How some abuse them and turn them into sex slaves for others. Great isn't it? When I challenged her about this not happening when they marry a Filipino she assures me that they have to attend a 2 day seminar for that. It hasn't frightened her off. Yet. 

She also confirms that if you already have your visa you can get your sticker immediately.

colemanlee

I was worried about the lecture we were suppose to get when we got married, as it turned out, we knew the woman that married us...the lecture was congratulations....too bad the US and other countries dont have the same thing...about Filipinas ripping off foreigners....

• Like 2

ozboy

We had to do a days education with a room full of 20 year old couples. They talked about birth control n kids......The teacher after a bit smiled and told us we could leave.....

• Like 1

Jason S

My fiance has recently attended. They get all the scare stories about evil foreigners abandoning them at the airport, or even failing to turn to meet them. How some abuse them and turn them into sex slaves for others. Great isn't it? When I challenged her about this not happening when they marry a Filipino she assures me that they have to attend a 2 day seminar for that. It hasn't frightened her off. Yet. 

She also confirms that if you already have your visa you can get your sticker immediately.

My Wife did this stupid class after we got married for the visa process. We did it in Cebu and stayed at a hotel over there by Magellan's Cross because the class is literally right around the corner. We got in line at 0445 and we were not even the first ones there and I think the class started at 0700 hrs or 0800 hrs. They have country specific classes but the three biggest classes are for U.S., Oz and the UK. The class is a lot of B.S. about how all us Foreigners abuse women and children and my Wife said they were trying to real hard to convince some of the women not to marry their boyfriends if there was a big age difference between the two, lol. My Wife also said that a lot of it depends on the Filipina Woman because a lot of them were young naive girls from the province and the acted like it, so the people that give the class interrigate them real hard. They told my wife after she got the VISA to bring it back and they would just stamp off on it. 

Surely they must run out of hoops to jump through?

Dude, trying to be proactive and planning ahead in this country is a waste of time for the most part. Sometimes it works out but for the most part you just have to go with the flow.

mexiwi

1. The CFO Guidance and counselling seminar is not required for filipinas travelling overseas on Tourist visas - my fiancee (gf at the time) traveled to Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand on her own to visit me - they asked her a few questions, but never mentioned CFO while on a visitor visa (she is 22).

2. You cannot get a CFO sticker in your passport without a partner visa - they won't give you a sticker with a visitor visa - you will get a certificate for doing the counselling session, but nothing in your passport.

BTW - who is the "they" saying she needs the CFO

Edited by mexiwi

Paul

The teacher after a bit smiled and told us we could leave.....

She must have looked at you, and realized you needed a more basic class? 

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2