Sign in to follow this  
BaronBelleBestboy

U.S. Tax Preparation

NOSOCALPINOY

Yes, we do have taxable income and the check is in the mail!

I just won't mention the amount, who from or who to!

It's all about each to their own secrets during tax time. :idontknow:  

• Like 1

SkyMan

He didn't say he didn't have any taxable income, just no itemizations

Actually he said....

we did not have anything to itemize or to declare

Which sounds like no taxable income, but I guess not.

Yes, we do have taxable income

State depends on the state claimed as home etc. May not apply in his situation.
Right, why would you claim any state as home if your home is in the RP?  NoSo, I'm sure whatever state (I imagine CA) you're sending money to appreciates your donations but there's no need for it.  Even if you maintain a vacation home or rental in CA you're not a resident unless you want to pay extra tax money.

NOSOCALPINOY

Right, why would you claim any state as home if your home is in the RP?  NoSo, I'm sure whatever state (I imagine CA) you're sending money to appreciates your donations but there's no need for it.  Even if you maintain a vacation home or rental in CA you're not a resident unless you want to pay extra tax money

The Federal and State filing came with the Turbo Tax software and it was free. I just followed the instructions. Besides, the Turbo Tax software program did an analysis of any errors and there were none and was e-filed, received and accepted by the IRS without any issues or errors! And no, I did not owe State anything and no taxes were deducted from my AGI. I don't know why Turbo Tax still e-filed my State returns. I only care that it went through without a hitch. Maybe their software had a glitch, I don't really know. Anyway, it's now history until next year. I'm retired and I don't worry too much about doing my own income tax filing with Turbo Tax, because they take the stress out of doing taxes and it's getting simpler every year. A simple 1040 form can't be anymore simpler than it already is, just takes 45 minutes to answer all of the questions truthfully and I'm done.

I've been using Turbo Tax for several years and have never had any issues from the IRS.   

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

And no, I did not owe State anything and no taxes were deducted from my AGI. 

Correction. I meant to say no taxes were deducted from any of my pensions of state tax, since we resided outside of the U.S. the entire calendar tax year.

With Federal, we owe money, only due to the fact not enough withholding tax was taken out, but I since then increased it and we should break even next year.

• Like 1

sugbu777
With Federal, we owe money, only due to the fact not enough withholding tax was taken out,

Yeah, I've had a problem with that too, due to  fed job and military retirement not withholding enough. although they withhold plenty.

Edited by sugbu777