Shooting at Talisay Mcdonalds

jtmwatchbiz

Nothing mentioned n papers or the news about the armed security guards they have there.  What happened to them / him?

Security guards in the Philippines are a joke.  They probably bolted once they heard shots.    

• Like 1
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Wolfpack

• Woolf

• InternetTough

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rip poor innocent bystander. Regardless if the two guys had an argument, the whole shoot people to save face mentality is the one thing that does bother me here. I have said for years my concern is

You have a lot to learn about filipino culture  asian for that matter

Posted Images

CardiacKid

From memory, I could not think there is a upstairs in that Mcd, as said in a earlier report.
That McDonald's has a second floor dining area. The stairs are located in the back of the restaurant.
  • Like 1
Wolfpack

The following is a comment made on yahoo...below the news story posted there:

"I lived in the Philippines for four and a half years. Not only that, I have been to that same McDonalds location, because I lived less than two miles away from it. When you

are a foreigner living in the Philippines, you are a target for all sorts of things. It is not a good idea to get too relaxed. The last thing you do is get into a heated argument with anyone. This was not random violence, I can assure you. But the dead German fellow, he may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. The younger Filipinos especially resent the foreigners who scoop up the women they wanted to have. Up in the hills, Filipinos are shooting each other over women all the time. In Talisay City, there is a group of Indians from Punjab who are loan sharks. Sometimes they get into violent scrapes with the locals over their business deals. Without details, I can attest to one murder while I was there, involving one Indian, about six or seven years ago."

I just asked my granddaughter, she has been kiddie crew there, there IS a second floor there

• Like 1

According to THIS news report

A security guard at the establishment said he heard shots and ran for cover.

Seems about right for most security guards in the Philippines. 

Wolfpack

I just asked my granddaughter, she has been kiddie crew there, there IS a second floor there

yes, we eat on the second floor there all the time...

Wolfpack

that is the first report that mentions "police are not discounting the possibility the groups argued over a woman."

"Nagsimula ito sa babae, pinagkatuwan siguro nila yong babae,"

oztony

Security guards in the Philippines are a joke.  They probably bolted once they heard shots.    

Quite likely , also quite likely the rusted or dilapidated firearm they may or may not have had did not even work.

• Like 2

This report also says something that contradicts other reports.

Investigation also showed the three foreigners had an altercation with the suspects at a bar.

• Like 1
Wolfpack

This report also says something that contradicts other reports.

Investigation also showed the three foreigners had an altercation with the suspects at a bar.

I have never realized at how bad they are at reporting news here...the facts in this reporting are so badly botched up...

about the only thing all the reports get right is who got shot...and who died...

• Like 1

I have never realized at how bad they are at reporting news here...the facts in this reporting are so badly botched up...

about the only thing all the reports get right is who got shot...and who died...

You are a little late to discover that

That is why I never put too much into news reports

Facts hmmm   all details are mostly dreamed up by the reporter

• Like 1
Wolfpack

You are a little late to discover that

That is why I never put too much into news reports

Facts hmmm   all details are mostly dreamed up by the reporter

I have never picked up a newspaper here (even when people told me I was on the front page with my son and some politician at south bus terminal)

Tonight is the first time I watched any news on TV...and that was because my wife was telling me to look at what happened at the McDonald's near us (when I already knew some of what happened by being in Tabanok today but didn't want to scare her)

Crazy, we have more facts in this thread...by sorting through the mix of articles...than any one single Philippine news source has provided...

needless to say my wife does not want to go to Tabanok again any time soon now...and we had planned to take the kids to the Robiinson's new mall there again tomorrow cause the kids like the game room there...this news sucks

needless to say my wife does not want to go to Tabanok again any time soon now.

Tabunok

• Like 2

was this incident ketchup-related?

Sorry Sir, out of stock!

• Like 1