Shooting at Talisay Mcdonalds

jtmwatchbiz

Wolfpack

This is on the TV news this hour...I don't understand the language enough to know exact details...but it sounded like the Indian was a "known money lender"

motive?

so far, the news is not discussing the fact this Indian was married and not with his wife at 4 am at a "food establishment"

tv news is not mentioning the McDonald's name in reports...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Wolfpack

• Woolf

• InternetTough

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rip poor innocent bystander. Regardless if the two guys had an argument, the whole shoot people to save face mentality is the one thing that does bother me here. I have said for years my concern is

You have a lot to learn about filipino culture  asian for that matter

Posted Images

CEBU CITY (Updated) -- Three foreigners were shot in a fast food chain in Barangay Tabunok, Talisay City early Friday morning, radio reports said.

DYAB Cebu radio station reported that a German national Henry Haffner, 31, died, while his two companions, French national Julian Millard, 31, and Indian national Cheten Saparaiya, 32, are in critical condition.

A customer was also reportedly wounded during the incident.

The victims were having a breakfast with three Filipinas inside the fast food chain when two gunmen shot them.

Police investigation is ongoing. (Sunnex)

I think it is sad all the way around, and odd that full details were given regarding the expats then saying " a customer was also reported wounded ". I would have thought they were all customers? 

• Like 1
smokey

the target being the Indian and Frenchman...

article says, they were married...

the women they were with...that police talked to...were not their wives...

I would put money on the girls knowing the shooters...and the Frenchman and Indian not paying up...

a shame the German was at the wrong place at the wrong time...

sure it cant be jealously I mean come on everyone knows us foreigners are loved by all

smokey

The whole thing sounds very un-planned. The Filipinos didn't have masks on, apparently, as who would get in an argument with someone wearing a mask? They might have surprised themselves with their shooting. Their faces are possibly on video and maybe they are hightailing it to another island where they are not known.

it does not matter I am sure it will be caused by the foreigners who somehow disrespected someone or said something or did as one poster suggested loaned him money and lets see these shooters do you think they had a lic. for their guns ?

• Like 1
smokey

Too early and too far on the outskirts of town. Go to Mcdonalds in IT Park at 4AM and it should be much safer. Security Guards and CCTV everywhere even on the street lamps.

DO YOU REALLY THINK ANY OF THIS MATTERED TO THESE GUYS  they came into a open restaurant and started shooting without mask so I don't think if there was a church next door it would of mattered

• Like 3
dnl_grout

Just another revenge shooting, one dies as he was chased to another floor because he is a foreigner. It has bin open shooting season on foreigners for a long time now and will continue, nothing new.

Jeepney

Another report:

http://rp1.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/02/20/15/german-killed-2-foreigners-shot-over-indian-tease

CEBU – A German died and 2 other foreigners wounded in a shooting incident in a fast-food chain in Tabunok, Talisay City, Cebu.

Henry Haffiner, 31, was brought to Chong Hua Hospital in Cebu City, where he was declared dead on arrival.

Injured were Julian Millard, 31, a French man, and Cheten Saparaiya, 32, an Indian national.

Initial investigation revealed that Millard and Saparaiya were the targets of the four gunmen.

Before the shooting incident, Saparaiya was teased by a group of men for being an Indian national, known for giving out loans with high interest rates.

Saparaiya got annoyed and confronted the group.

This resulted in a heated argument, which eventually led to the shooting incident.

The suspects shot Saparaiya and Millard in the fast-food chain. There, they saw Haffiner running towards the stockroom to hide.

Thinking that Haffiner was with Saparaiya and Millard, one of the gunmen followed Haffiner and shot him several times in the chest.

Initial investigation revealed that Haffiner just dropped by the area with his girlfriend. They were set to go on a tour to Oslob, Southern Cebu.

Police recovered bullets from three kinds of firearms used in the incident: a 9mm pistol, a .45 caliber gun, and a .40 caliber gun.

Police were still pursuing the gunmen as of posting.

The Bureau of Immigration has yet to issue a statement on the matter, as of posting. -- report from Junrey Nadela, ABS-CBN News Central Visayas

From memory, I could not think there is a upstairs in that Mcd, as said in a earlier report.

I do remember the security guard always there, as in all Mcd, where did he go, just guess....

Edited by Jeepney
  • Like 1
Wolfpack

Another report:

http://rp1.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/02/20/15/german-killed-2-foreigners-shot-over-indian-tease

Before the shooting incident, Saparaiya was teased by a group of men for being an Indian national, known for giving out loans with high interest rates.

Saparaiya got annoyed and confronted the group.

The problem with that report...it is information given to police by the woman the Indian national was with...

the woman he was with...was NOT his wife...

I would like to hear from the Indian nationals wife...we have not yet...

The German nationals gf...we have heard from her...and SHE wants justice!!!

Nothing mentioned n papers or the news about the armed security guards they have there.  What happened to them / him?

• Like 3
Wolfpack

Nothing mentioned n papers or the news about the armed security guards they have there.  What happened to them / him?

there has been mention of 3 different types of firearm casings found at the scene...so if there were 2 shooters...the security guard would have been the 3rd casings found...

however, there are mixed reports as to how many shooters were involved...

Wolfpack

They just posted this on Yahoo.....It says manila??? WTF  

http://news.yahoo.com/3-foreigners-shot-central-philippines-1-german-dead-072329372.html

that is the first time I have heard a report say the frenchman's wife was with them...and she was the source of information given to the police...

but of course they do not even have the right city in that report?

:unknw:

They just posted this on Yahoo.....It says manila??? WTF

Where does it say it happened in Manila ?

It was reported by AP in Manila

MANILA, Philippines (AP)

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1
liquido

What if your not from Cebu?? You see Manila on this article...I know i would think it happened in Manila.....

• Like 2
Wolfpack

Where does it say it happened in Manila ?

It was reported by AP in Manila

MANILA, Philippines (AP)

true, (AP) Manila...report says central Philippines as the location of incident...

the report says the shooting of the German was outside the restaurant...when that actually happened inside the restaurant on the 2nd floor...