Shooting at Talisay Mcdonalds

jtmwatchbiz

I see security guards with empty holsters in the malls all the time. Possibly locals see a holster and think there must be a gun in it. Even some of the holsters with guns in them have semi auto guns without magazines in them, now that is really weird to me. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Wolfpack

• Woolf

• InternetTough

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rip poor innocent bystander. Regardless if the two guys had an argument, the whole shoot people to save face mentality is the one thing that does bother me here. I have said for years my concern is

You have a lot to learn about filipino culture  asian for that matter

Posted Images

easy44

Yeah, I have seen plenty of unarmed guards and ones with empty holsters.  I'm more surprised that anyone has never noticed one.  I always figured they were trainees!  LOL

I always figured they were trainees!  LOL

According to a neighbour who has recently started with a new Security Agency, he has to complete 6 months before he can apply for a Gun Registration., The Utility belt comes with a Holster so as they have to pay for the Uniform he keeps that and this Clip pouch on at all times in case his kids  mess with them, we laughed when he said I keep my white gloves in mine but I will have to find a new place when my Gun comes.

He was telling us that the Registration is in the name of the Agency and the number allotted to him so every time he changes Agency, it all starts again. Once he never got a gun as he was on 6 monthly contracts and never got a Registration Done.

JP :hi:

colemanlee

Here in Tacloban Ive even seen PNP, PO1s with empty holsters...Ive been told but forgot, there is some kind of either time or rank requirement for PNP to be issued a weapon

No Im amazed because I have asked my friends that were born here in cebu city  and they have never seen a guard without a weapon, and you have seen hundreds. Maybe its just a big coincidence.

I have to agree with "headshot" when I was able to be out and around....I too have seen unarmed security persons....a lot of time with empty holster  or if 2 or 3 together one will be armed and the others won't even have a weapon at all. I asked My Father in-law which retired from security and according to him, usually if they are unarmed either they let their gun permits run out or are new and don't have their permit yet....and he also stated that many times the ones with riot guns don't have shells because the company won't provide and the guard can't afford to buy his own...This is just information I received I can't swear that it is accurate............

• Like 1
InternetTough

The  guards at that McDonalds are good guys. I hate to see them get tagged with the default complaint about security guards here----"they do nothing but observe and report"---when it wouldn't have mattered who they were if they didn't have guns. Put 5000 of the world's best special forces (but without guns) versus 10-20,000 terrorists with guns and then you'd have a special forces Dien bien phu.

Edited by InternetTough
A_Simple_Man

The  guards at that McDonalds are good guys.

I saw one doing his duty today.  He is there to make sure that none of the EMPLOYEES leave without a permission slip and getting their bags checked.  He did not check the customers in any way.

• Like 1
InternetTough

I saw one doing his duty today.  He is there to make sure that none of the EMPLOYEES leave without a permission slip and getting their bags checked.  He did not check the customers in any way.

I wonder what he was told to do?

I said they were good guys because they show a lot of consideration if you need help carrying stuff or moving around. They are polite, too.

goldeagle

even in ordinary, bigger carinderias (not franchisees like Mcdonalds) that is one of the main reasons why they have a security guard in the first place. It is not to protect the premises or the customers so much as a guard against employees stealing, especially food.

• Like 2
InternetTough

even in ordinary, bigger carinderias (not franchisees like Mcdonalds) that is one of the main reasons why they have a security guard in the first place. It is not to protect the premises or the customers so much as a guard against employees stealing, especially food.

The guards at that McDonalds and at the adjacent Gaisano Tabunok help me all the time.

goldeagle

The guards help me all the time.

you're not somebody who works as a cook in a carinderia. If you were, no matter how long you worked there, and if they have gone to the expense of having a security guard, that guard will usually search your bags every night when you leave the building after work to check you have not secreted anything in it. It is an important part of their job to minimise theft especially of food, by staff.

Yellowfever

you're not somebody who works as a cook in a carinderia. If you were, no matter how long you worked there, and if they have gone to the expense of having a security guard, that guard will usually search your bags every night when you leave the building after work to check you have not secreted anything in it. It is an important part of their job to minimise theft especially of food, by staff.

Welcome back mate.  Loved reading your older posts, have abike in cebu and fly over 4 or 5 times a year time permitting.  I'm over next week for 2 weeks again, if you're around would love to catch up for a beer or 10 (my shout). 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

No Im amazed because I have asked my friends that were born here in cebu city and they have never seen a guard without a weapon, and you have seen hundreds. Maybe its just a big coincidence.

I see security guards with empty holsters regularly.

Heck I see a lot of cops without weapons too.