Sign in to follow this  
scoander

"Bad Image" message

scoander

Hi All,

Every time a program needs to open, or whenever I choose to open one, I get a "Bad Image" window, stating the problem is in "C:\PROGRa~2\WIN32C-1.DLL." When I click "OK" the issue is bypassed, but of course I have to go through at least 10 of these to get to the desktop each time. I'd imagine I'll need to reformat. Any advice? 

Windows 7 Ultimate

RAM: 3.00 GB

MB: ASRock G31M-3

broden

search for that dll file online download and replace ..see if that fixes it

• Like 1

Alan S

search for that dll file online download and replace ..see if that fixes it

If it doesnt, the "bad image" is probably a photo of Broden.

• Like 2

Holmes

Re-install windows after backing up?

But first run an updated virus and malware scan.

Edited by Holmes

broden

If it doesnt, the "bad image" is probably a photo of Broden.

no camera can contain me

scoander

Couldn't find it in DLL-files.com, so I suspect it's malware or a virus. Don't want to buy a malware program (already used Malwarebytes, expired) as I'm on a tight budget--and being out of the country most of the time, getting my wife to use it if needed in my absence would be a tall order.

Some time ago I mentioned that I took this computer from a former employer for back pay owed. A member gave me advice on how to get rid of the company as a user, but there are still folders--for example, a second documents folder--that I can't delete or get access to. Also Korean-language programs that can't be uninstalled.

In short I'd like to start over with a clean slate, get the hard drive reformatted and Windows 2007 reinstalled. Anyone know of someone in Cebu City who could do this for a price?

Thanks.

Holmes

Couldn't find it in DLL-files.com, so I suspect it's malware or a virus. Don't want to buy a malware program (already used Malwarebytes, expired) as I'm on a tight budget--and being out of the country most of the time, getting my wife to use it if needed in my absence would be a tall order.

Some time ago I mentioned that I took this computer from a former employer for back pay owed. A member gave me advice on how to get rid of the company as a user, but there are still folders--for example, a second documents folder--that I can't delete or get access to. Also Korean-language programs that can't be uninstalled.

In short I'd like to start over with a clean slate, get the hard drive reformatted and Windows 2007 reinstalled. Anyone know of someone in Cebu City who could do this for a price?

Thanks.

Windows 2007? um....Think you mean Windows 7.... Reformatting is simple. Anyone who takes money from you for it is a crook. Get yourself a copy of windows 7 and i'll walk ya through it.

scoander

Windows 2007? um....Think you mean Windows 7.... Reformatting is simple. Anyone who takes money from you for it is a crook. Get yourself a copy of windows 7 and i'll walk ya through it.

Thanks. I'll look around today for a copy.