Foreigner and 5 locals go missing on fishing trip in Negros Oriental

Anyway, I'm with Larry on this, something is not right with this picture.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• daenselot

• shadow

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To All of Brads Friends and Family In America:   I really feel for you on the probable loss of your friend/family member, but the fact is the American border is about 8,000 miles North and East of h

We learned this morning the boat was 28' had a new motor and full tank of fuel. Brad apparently rented it between 8am-9am on the 12th. They went tuna fishing and were due back in on the 13th. Brad is

I have stated very little regarding this, until now.   I feel as though Brad's family, by keeping themselves quiet, probably hindered this whole case from the beginning. I had some come to me, askin

Posted Images

One that comes to my mind is, they are drifting due to the motor failing - yes, even though it was newer.

Especially because it was newer.
cvgtpc1

http://maritimeaccident.org/tags/epirb/

Local reports in the Philippines quote Philippine Coastguard officials rely on cellphones and text messages to get the co-ordinates of ships in trouble because they don’t have the capability of receiving EPIRB signals.

Not against the idea of carrying your own but the thought crossed my mind who would receive the signal and if they did would they know what it means or what to do with it....

When this thread first broke, I looked up Brad and his girlfriend Christina on FB. They both had a page. Their profiles have since been removed. Who could have done that?

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

Man thread went somewhat sideways.

So the family are threatening fishingbrat for trying to get some attention and help for the 5 people that are missing?

Hell weird, you would think the more info and people talking about it and seeing the story the better odds for finding them or finding out what happened to them?

This story has been very strange.

Hope all 5 are found alive and well.

• Like 3

I do not know Sir, I am now blocked from his family posts. Yes there was a page "group" for Brad, now it's gone. On The Missing American I don't even see anything about Brad.

You know, that is pretty shitting of the family to do, when ALL you were trying to do here was to help get the word out. 

What a bunch of pricks in his family. What a bunch of pricks. I hope like hell they are reading this thread.

• Like 5

Ok, but where does fishingbrat fit into all this?  Is she related to any of the missing, a gf of the foreigner?  What?

Ok, but where does fishingbrat fit into all this?  Is she related to any of the missing, a gf of the foreigner?  What?

Friend of the American who is missing.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
FISHINGBRAT

When this thread first broke, I looked up Brad and his girlfriend Christina on FB. They both had a page. Their profiles have since been removed. Who could have done that?

Their profiles are still there. I just found them. Her name has no h in the spelling.

Is this local news paper there?

http://www.tribune.net.ph/nation/still-no-sign-of-male-foreigner-5-pinoys-gone-missing-at-sea?tmpl=component&print=1

FISHINGBRAT

lol goodness no I am not his girlfriend lol 

I've been happily married almost 30 years!

I have known Brad Fugate as or I jokingly call him SPAM (you had to be there LMAO) for almost 11 years, he is a good friend and fishing buddy of mine..

cvgtpc1

Tuna fishing but I assume not for the monsters you see on TV?  I'm sure one of those may cause an issue landing in a 3ft wide boat, pontoons and all.

Tuna fishing but I assume not for the monsters you see on TV?  I'm sure one of those may cause an issue landing in a 3ft wide boat, pontoons and all.

From everything posted so far, it is highly unlikely the boat sank.  Those small engines don't weigh very much and between the bamboo outriggers and wooden hull, bancas are very buoyant.  Of course if the engine caught fire, they spilled some fuel or whatever, the boat could burn up and then it might sink, but chances are at least some of it would still float.  Further, a fire on the boat would create a lot of smoke and the local fishermen would surely go investigate that.  That leaves only one likely scenario if the story is true to begin with.

If the engine died (not all that unusual here) the currents would carry the boat across the straights to Mindanao, but surely they had paddles with them, so you would think they would just paddle to shore.  All things considered, its hard for me to visualize a scenario where the boat sank, burned, ran into rocks, or swamped in the seaway, without leaving considerable debris floating on the surface.  Ergo, foul play is the likely cause of the disappearance.

From everything posted so far, it is highly unlikely the boat sank.  Those small engines don't weigh very much and between the bamboo outriggers and wooden hull, bancas are very buoyant.  Of course if the engine caught fire, they spilled some fuel or whatever, the boat could burn up and then it might sink, but chances are at least some of it would still float.  Further, a fire on the boat would create a lot of smoke and the local fishermen would surely go investigate that.  That leaves only one likely scenario if the story is true to begin with.

If the engine died (not all that unusual here) the currents would carry the boat across the straights to Mindanao, but surely they had paddles with them, so you would think they would just paddle to shore.  All things considered, its hard for me to visualize a scenario where the boat sank, burned, ran into rocks, or swamped in the seaway, without leaving considerable debris floating on the surface.  Ergo, foul play is the likely cause of the disappearance.

Interesting, if you are right, that would suggest pirates/gangs from Mindanao are the most likely suspects. Can't imagine it's a local cover up with so many people involved and the loss of a boat as part of the plot.

colemanlee

Just read the whole topic. I have to agree its very strange the way the family is acting...and I own a boat about the same size..with a Honda 12 hp motor, it will not sink...we have had it almost full of water before...you can stall the engine with enough water though....I have flown search grids 500' agl for many years, you would not believe how hard it is to see stuff on the water and thats with a crew of six in a KC-130 that can stay aloft for over eight hours...with the equipment available here IMHO it would be just luck if they found you...I do not think the boat sunk, maybe swamped, maybe like some think, taken by the bad guys...Hopefully they will be found alive not too much worse for wear...I relate to them as our family goes out on our boat fairly often..

• Like 3

but surely they had paddles with them, so you would think they would just paddle to shore.

I'm not a sea expert, but imho you are underestimating

A) the strength of the currents

B) distances

• Like 3