Foreigner and 5 locals go missing on fishing trip in Negros Oriental

death_by_cupcake

I am only asking that MY posts be removed at the demand of one of the missing's family.

They are demanding they be removed and are threatening me.

RESPECT not DRAMA there is a difference

Thank you

FishingBrat, anyone trying to sue you for posting here would have a hard time proving the identity behind Fishingbrat.   Just saying

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• daenselot

• shadow

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To All of Brads Friends and Family In America:   I really feel for you on the probable loss of your friend/family member, but the fact is the American border is about 8,000 miles North and East of h

We learned this morning the boat was 28' had a new motor and full tank of fuel. Brad apparently rented it between 8am-9am on the 12th. They went tuna fishing and were due back in on the 13th. Brad is

I have stated very little regarding this, until now.   I feel as though Brad's family, by keeping themselves quiet, probably hindered this whole case from the beginning. I had some come to me, askin

Posted Images

oztony

Any one threatening to sue for posting anything here is a character that is not worth giving the time of day to , a disgrace of an individual , I hope they read this.

Their character is in the low of low status , to think at this time they have nothing better to do than to try and thwart the efforts of a genuine person seeking local

information and knowledge is mind numbing , their priority's are pretty well stuffed up , and if I were missing it would be their silence and inaction that I would be praying for.

Unless the family have received a ransom demand and are not going to let the public know about it , what else could explain this behaviour?

Edited by oztony
  • Like 5

Personally I dont think that respect enters into this equation.   You , in good faith, posted a plea for help , with a certain amount of information provided.  None of that information was of a intensely private or personal manner . Nor did it reveal any details of a personal nature  that any normal person would object to .

For someone to now try to force you to delete your post by the use of personal threats definitely shows not only a lack of respect on their part - but also a decided lack of logic and basic common sense. 

I find the family's attack on you to be insulting, offensive,  and totally unacceptable.   If it was up to me i would refuse to remove any comments posted .

I completely agree. 

I have stated before, please have the family contact me. If they choose not to do so, I can't help that.

Personally, they are being threatening for no good reason. Not to mention, I do not give in to threats - EVER.

Considering I am the sole owner of the license for this forum software, and considering I am the sole person leasing the server space this forum is hosted on, and considering I am the sole owner of the domain name for this website, therefore, I am the only one they should be approaching concerning content posted in this thread. 

Earlier on, I would have certainly been more willing to remove information posted in this thread. However, since they have now resorted to threats of suit, they can deal directly with me and my lawyers. So, FISHINGBRAT do not concern yourself with the information posted here. I own the content from the time the editing time expires on each post. If they have an issue with any content posted in this thread, or if they wish to sue someone over the content in this thread, let them come after me. I will be very happy to oblige them. 

Now, let's get back to the topic of this thread, please. 

either way i'm fairly sure the mod team and owner aren't going to be swayed by any demands so it's not your fault.

Not in the slightest.

• Like 6

You are checking the wrong page he has another page and him missing is all over it.

I found the FB page of "Photos of The Missing Americans"  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153595406539112&set=o.145332325496156&type=1&pnref=story

I didnt find any other of his FB pages with missing information.

And I found some FB relatives who are doing everything they can to find him, this information is posted on FB and encouraged to share with others they are wanting to put pressure on their own politicians to get something more done I believe the more publicity generated would help their cause something is not right with that relative and their threats which in the light of the FB comments are meaningless legally as you are doing what they are doing and wanting for themselves.  They put it in the public domain themselves and you have just passed it on. 

How are you or anyone mentioning this tragedy interfering with the investigation or search attempts? 

I imagine it is a very stressful time for you your friend is missing and you wanted to help anyway you can and someone is threatening you, this makes it bizarre and more tragic.  

Edited by Art
  • Like 4

I'm curious as to how contacting a Congressman in the US, is going to help find a missing American off the south coast of Negros. :scratch_head:

• Like 5

FISHINGBRAT you might want to point out to the people threatening you, that even if you hadn't  posted, some forum member would have picked up this story from the public domain and posted about it anyway. What you did was in good faith, and you supplied the forum with no other information than would have been picked up anyway. Your actions have been caring, well intended and honourable.

With regards to removing your thread. Even if this thread was removed, members would still be interested in the missing people and a new thread would be started. By threatening you, all those people do is heighten awareness and intrigue in the matter.

Stay positive and hopefully those missing will be found safe in the near future and it will all blow over. At the end of the day the missing ones are the people who count and I am sure they will be grateful for your efforts.

• Like 6
oztony

I am curious about a few things , are there any family members on the ground there ? If one of my family members

went missing I would be boots on the ground asap , any location that may be , to assist in the search if possible .

maybe even conduct my own search and apply pressure/support to the local authority's involved , any and all publicity

would be welcomed to keep the intensity and interest alive and kicking.

• Like 3
shadow

I am curious about a few things , are there any family members on the ground there ? If one of my family members

went missing I would be boots on the ground asap , any location that may be , to assist in the search if possible .

maybe even conduct my own search and apply pressure/support to the local authority's involved , any and all publicity

Something smelled really "fishy" here from the start, and it's fermenting.

• Like 9
FISHINGBRAT

FISHINGBRAT you might want to point out to the people threatening you, that even if you hadn't  posted, some forum member would have picked up this story from the public domain and posted about it anyway. What you did was in good faith, and you supplied the forum with no other information than would have been picked up anyway. Your actions have been caring, well intended and honourable.

With regards to removing your thread. Even if this thread was removed, members would still be interested in the missing people and a new thread would be started. By threatening you, all those people do is heighten awareness and intrigue in the matter.

Stay positive and hopefully those missing will be found safe in the near future and it will all blow over. At the end of the day the missing ones are the people who count and I am sure they will be grateful for your efforts.

Actually I didn't start this thread.

I honestly do not know. I also no longer have any idea what's going on, the family removed the group for Brad.

• Like 1
MODS PLEASE REMOVE ALL MY POSTS

And with this the idiots threatening to sue you have less then 0 grounds to do so as you tried to accommodate them as best u can, Futher more all you have posted is already public info and the owner have categorically stated that nothing will be removed and that it is his property (the posts) to do with as he see fit. 

Now If I were you I'd start saving messages from them and record any further phone calls in preparation for your law suit against them, I think harassment and threats to your person and or property is i'll legal even here. For sure I'll drop a few $ in a pool to pay for your legal fees if it comes to that. 

Edited by Runian
  • Like 1

Actually I didn't start this thread.

I honestly do not know. I also no longer have any idea what's going on, the family removed the group for Brad.

I see that Tom Fugate is Search Engineer at The Missing American FB group?   The Group for Brad, was that another FB page that is gone because you can still see comments until yesterday in his brother's and sister in laws FB page?   Looks like The Missing American have taken over the investigation or search for Brad?  Perhaps that is why they want you or your comments wiped from the internet.  Very puzzling. 

TV news and newspaper stories are read and soon forgotten about by the general public.....on an expat forum such as this, it will be talked about and discussed.......maybe certain things not connected with this incident might come to light, that's not supposed too......who knows..just hope they find them even though its been over a week.

• Like 1

My EPIRB is registered with AMSA (Australian Search and Rescue Authority)

I'm absolutely confident that those guys know what they are doing and would do whatever was necessary within minutes of detecting an EPIRB. I'm sure that they would be on the phone (and e-mail) to Philippines Coastguard and the Embassy (with the coordinates) within minutes. - and they would follow it up!

I don't know the status of the Phil EPIRB detection facilities, but Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong have functional systems and there are international conventions on how to deal with out-of-area alarms.

Ahhh a newbie!  Look Mate, the Philippines Coast Guard is woefully understaffed and a very small budget.  If they got a call from your Coasties in Oz informing them your EPIRB triggered at (insert lat and long here), what would be the likely result?  Chances are they don't have a boat that's working, if they do have a boat, they probably would not have GPS, so the coordinates the Oz Coasties gave them are pretty much useless.  They have a helicopter in Manila, maybe it would come down in a day or two, but it would probably have to get right back to Manila, so it could not stay long and would not have much fuel either.  I'm not sure if their helicopter has GPS but I've seen several Philippine Coast Guard boats that don't even have radios, much less GPS.  This is a poor third world country.  Anything you do here should be done knowing if you get in a bind, you will probably have to get yourself out of that bind.  With that mindset, you will do quite well here.  With your mindset, you'll probably be dead.  Yet another reason it's more fun in the Philippines.

• Like 6
FISHINGBRAT

I see that Tom Fugate is Search Engineer at The Missing American FB group?   The Group for Brad, was that another FB page that is gone because you can still see comments until yesterday in his brother's and sister in laws FB page?   Looks like The Missing American have taken over the investigation or search for Brad?  Perhaps that is why they want you or your comments wiped from the internet.  Very puzzling. 

I do not know Sir, I am now blocked from his family posts. Yes there was a page "group" for Brad, now it's gone. On The Missing American I don't even see anything about Brad.