Foreigner and 5 locals go missing on fishing trip in Negros Oriental

shadow

Really! That's an important new development if the recovered body is not Brad.

Is this more guesswork and theory or is it actual fact?

- Did you hear that directly from the family?

- Where did they get that information from?

Did the FBI inform them of this, formaly?

Maybe just an opinion from the family's expert advisor? or some faith healer? or a clairvoyant, or a local witch doctor?

She made it up.

More likely the wishful dreams of a person suffering from serious mental problems at least partially caused by this travesty. This person needs to come out of denial and seek professional help. She is hurting, and lashing out at people who are just trying to help. I'm very sorry for her loss, but she needs to confront this at home. You can't help her, I can't help her, nobody can help her unless she wants to help herself. It seems illusions run in the family, and unfortunately for Brad and the others this denial of accepting the truth only contributed to sealing their fate.

I'm glad my family is perfect, no mental illnesses or unstable persons!   NOT!

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• daenselot

• shadow

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To All of Brads Friends and Family In America:   I really feel for you on the probable loss of your friend/family member, but the fact is the American border is about 8,000 miles North and East of h

We learned this morning the boat was 28' had a new motor and full tank of fuel. Brad apparently rented it between 8am-9am on the 12th. They went tuna fishing and were due back in on the 13th. Brad is

I have stated very little regarding this, until now.   I feel as though Brad's family, by keeping themselves quiet, probably hindered this whole case from the beginning. I had some come to me, askin

Posted Images

I'm glad my family is perfect, no mental illnesses or unstable persons!   NOT!

No uncle Fester living under your front porch ?

This whole incident has a lot of things that just don't add up---Hopefully in the end the truth will come out as to what really happened

• Like 2
Oz Jon

More likely the wishful dreams of a person suffering from serious mental problems

You are probably right.

After I posted, it dawned on me that either this was a troll, or the poster had some serious mental problems.

Wow!, I'm glad that there is nothing wrong with me, mate! - and you are probably OK too! - Lol!

• Like 1
shadow

No uncle Fester living under your front porch ?

This whole incident has a lot of things that just don't add up---Hopefully in the end the truth will come out as to what really happened

I seriously doubt anything really further enlightening will come out. He made a seriously flawed decision to get in that boat, and it cost him his life. Whether or not the body retrieved is his or not, the outcome remains the same, he is gone. It's better if the body found turns out to be Brad, as then they will have some closure. Otherwise, they may stay in this state of denial for years to come, clinging to some slender thread of hope and illusion that he is "kidnapped". If the body found is not his, chances are very slim he will ever be found.

And I'll have you know Uncle Fester lives in the old outhouse. The dogs kicked him out from under the porch years ago, they said he was too dirty and smelly to live there with them!

• Like 1
tall boy

To All of Brads Friends and Family In America:

I really feel for you on the probable loss of your friend/family member, but the fact is the American border is about 8,000 miles North and East of here.  This is the Philippines, it is not America and it is not administered like America, people here do not live like the people in America for the most part.    To expect anything to happen here like it does in America, is simply a fools errand.  The first thing you really need to do is accept this and some of don't seem to be doing that.

Many of the people who have commented on this thread have lived here for years, not weeks.  We are not tourists, we are residents and many of us have a great deal of experience in many things Filipino.  Shadow has been here 12 years or more.  I know the man personally, he really knows the Country and his wife is a Filipina and his business partner.  They are professional investigators and they are very good, his words should carry great weight with you.

Filipinos go to sea every day in boats you would not trust in your swimming pool, but still they do it.  They use these boats to fish in order to survive, they may not and most probably do not do things like you would do them, but they know the local waters and they know their boats.  The preponderance of these people do not use life jackets and they are rarely found on the boats, even the 100' ocean going boats do not carry them.  So for Brad and this party to be on a boat without lifejackets is the norm here not the exception.  Ditto GPS, a radio, flares, EPIRB and almost every other piece of equipment you have on your boat, except a paddle or two.  That is just the way it is here.

There are many terrorist groups here, but MILF and Abu Sayyaf are two of the most well known.  They do kidnap people for ransom, they have been known to hold people for years and kill their hostages as well, but mostly they do it for the money not to randomly murder.  MILF is the group partially behind the killing of 44 Filipino policemen in January.  Abu Sayyaf had nothing to do with that event.  The Filipino government has been retaliating against the groups involved since it happened but MILF is not the leading perpetrator of kidnappings here, Abu Sayyaf is.  If any of these groups took Brad, someone would have been contacted for ransom by now.  If no one has been contacted, the chances of this being a kidnapping are slim.  That's just the way it is here.

If the boat in fact, did reach the island where it was found on it's own, the locals would probably have taken much of the valuables.  Kind of a finders keepers kind of deal.  That would be the norm here.

The American Embassy and most other foreign embassies do little for their citizens in these situations.  They will notify next of kin, but as far as mounting massive searches like the US Coast Guard routinely does, forget it, it's not going to happen here.  As Shadow has told you many times, things stumble along at their own pace here and very little will change that.  The time to mount the search effort was at the time they went missing, but I'm not going to beat that dead horse now.

At this juncture I know you are hurting and we all would like to have answers like the DNA results, but they simply will not be released for a while and there is nothing anyone can do about that.  The FBI is unlikely to ride to the rescue in this case or most any other cases here, it simply will not happen.  All that is needed now is time for the Philippine government to do its thing, even though that will most likely be a maddeningly slow process.  It's just the way it is here, you can't change that and neither can we.

We all feel for your loss, but it happened and life goes on.  We're all sorry this happened and we all wish it had not been this way, but this is, in part, how life goes in this part of the world.  Brad surely knew that, yet he stayed, now it's time for you folks to try to accept that.  We are all sorry this happened and I certainly wish you well, but life does go on.  Salamat.

Once again thank you for your insite and thoughts...

It helps some of us that are not familar with the  Philippines and the way of life a little better..,

Most all of you folks have been a great help in understand what goes on..

thanks again!

Edited by tall boy
  • Like 4
Oz Jon
To All of Brads Friends and Family In America: I really feel for you on the probable loss of your friend/family member ............

Thank you for that - an outstanding, superb post!

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 2
oztony

I would think that if any more information had of been released in regards to the DNA that

some of Brads friends on here would have heard about it , and with bluesky claiming the

male body that was found was 5'4" just reassures us that her posts cannot be relied upon.

One thing about this forum is bullshit gets called pretty quickly and if there is a re-emergence

from bluesky I would hope that future posts are factual or not at all.

• Like 1

so far, ive tried to be helpful...ok now what i really feel

1. Brad went out in a boat without much else

2. the boat was not 28 feet long, much smaller

3. he was probably drinking

4. there was not life preservers aboard

5. he was not abducted

6. people die for being stupid

7. get over it, quit making dumb ass excuses

8. the American goverment dont give a shit

9.at least he was having fun when he left the doc

10. shit happens..young girls..feeling of invincibility = screwed up outcomes

11. everybody on the forum has done everything possible...wake fecking up

Hello,

Colemanlee you are right.

Somethings comes to my mind:

-Long time before the occidentals people have been roaming around all the oceans, since few thousands years, from Indonesia and Philippines, seamen have been populated the whole Pacific ocean, which is the biggest.

And with boats bigger than the one of Brad, yes, but not so different for the rest, and nothing to compare with a real fishing boat. They, of course, have lost life more than one time, but they do it.

The people of Philippines and of most the Pacific ocean still go at sea now, with the same similar smaller boats in inside seas or close to the shore as they ever do.

But with the misleading security of an engine.

- Of course the FBI and all the police cannot solve all the affairs. and just because of this, if some criminal issue have been a part of the story, it have to be found, and may be here.

Small mistakes as you say, Colemanlee, and bad luck, that is enough to loose your life. As it could happen to most of us.

But may be there is still some hope of life, but anyway still things missing to be known.

Friendly, JLuc

-

Paul

I'm glad my family is perfect, no mental illnesses or unstable persons!

No one - but you. :D

and you are probably OK too!

I see you have never met Larry in person? :D

Thank you for that - an outstanding, superb post!

Gosh, how I wish others understood the word "truncate". :)

Thanks, mate, truly.

• Like 2
Off Shore

Once again thanks to everyone for the insight on just how things work over there, I don't want to give up hope but with out any notification from anyone with demands like stated above Brad was lost doing what he loved.

• Like 4
roadkill70

So below is what Tom, Brads brother said to our local news station here in Minnesota tonight.

Updated: 03/20/2015 10:08 PM
Created: 03/20/2015 7:46 PM KSTP.com
By: Joe Augustine

Bradley Fugate fished all over the world. He visited the Philippines three times in the last year to fish and visit his girlfriend, a Filipino woman he had met online.

Fugate and his girlfriend were seen boarding a fishing boat Feb. 13. They haven't been seen since.

"I don't know if he's alive or dead," Thomas Fugate, Bradley's brother, said Friday from his home in Blaine.

The brothers were born and raised in the Twin Cities. Thomas Fugate learned about his brother's disappearance after being sent a news report online.

News outlets in the Philippines recently reported Bradley's body and his girlfriend's body were found in a fishing boat.

Thomas Fugate is skeptical of the news reports and the information coming from the Philippines National Police.

"The reports we have on those bodies ... they don't match the height of my brother or the description," Fugate said.

An official at the U.S. Embassy in Manila told him in an email, "While it is difficult to hear, the search and investigation has largely reduced to waiting for positive identification of the bodies."

An official with the U.S. Department of State told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS the department is aware of media reports of a missing American in the Philippines. The department said in a statement, "In cases where U.S. citizens are confirmed missing, the U.S. Embassy works closely with those involved, supporting local authorities in their search efforts, and provides all appropriate consular assistance."

A global security expert who assists families of missing Americans, including the Fugates, says it is difficult to navigate and understand the foreign policies at play.

"We don't encroach upon a sovereign nation's process in dealing with things," David Arnold said. He says the process could take months to "an eternity" even if they confirm that Bradley Fugate is dead.

"You really kind of wait in limbo," Arnold said.

Thomas Fugate does not want to wait for answers from a government he doesn't fully trust. He's currently raising money to hire a legal team and investigators to look into his brother's disappearance.

"I want to have hope that he's still alive," Fugate said

roadkill70

So the expert assisting the Fugates is named David Arnold ?

That would be correct.

He was recommended by the "Missing Americans Project"

Edited by roadkill70
colemanlee

I tried to search him to no avail

roadkill70

I tried to search him to no avail

He is the CEO of the "Resolute Group". I don't know anymore than that.

Edited by roadkill70