Foreigner and 5 locals go missing on fishing trip in Negros Oriental

roadkill70

Here's a couple more.

post-16914-0-26223100-1425836303_thumb.png

post-16914-0-59377500-1425836315_thumb.pngHere's a couple more.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oztony

• daenselot

• shadow

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To All of Brads Friends and Family In America:   I really feel for you on the probable loss of your friend/family member, but the fact is the American border is about 8,000 miles North and East of h

We learned this morning the boat was 28' had a new motor and full tank of fuel. Brad apparently rented it between 8am-9am on the 12th. They went tuna fishing and were due back in on the 13th. Brad is

I have stated very little regarding this, until now.   I feel as though Brad's family, by keeping themselves quiet, probably hindered this whole case from the beginning. I had some come to me, askin

Posted Images

Tbuddy69

Brad did a lot more with his life, with the short time he was given then most people do in a life time, he was and always will be a great man and missed bye many, peace Bundy love ya!!!

• Like 2
daenselot

two guys using the paddles while the three others can throw some water out, and also the girlfriend of Brad, even with plastic bottles cut in two.

I'm not a survival expert, but let's assume fresh water was not really abundand on board, i would try to reduce physical activity such as paddling to a minimum.

What i heard is that there has been a similar incident in the past in the same village, maybe a year ago. Those guys made it to Mindanao with a broken engine.

I'm sure this was still present in some guys minds on the boat with Bradley, so maybe they were pretty convinced to get close to the shore of Mindanao.

• Like 1
AlbacoreShuffle

post-16878-0-97773200-1425842984_thumb.jpgHere is a look at the latest coming from one of Brads family members. They are also telling us all that they have zero info that they have not shared with Brads friends. This is a screen shot of what was posted and then edited, the edit part is in the small pop up window.

One of Brads family member stated that they personally have talked to the " Kidnappers" then when questioned she said they are " Human Traffickers " 

At this point I don't know what to believe .

• Like 2
Tbuddy69
post-16925-142584619004_thumb.png here's another screenshot 6 hours ago where she doesn't mention anything your previous screenshot? Will no something concrete soon hopefully!!
  • Like 1
roadkill70

I doubt its true. She's only a niece and if it was true I highly doubt Tom would be sharing that kind of info with her let alone allowing her to post it on Facebook.

• Like 1

I guess it's normal for a family to have delusions, as a coping mechanism, which looks to be harmless at this point.  But those very same delusions were anything but harmless, a couple weeks ago. Brad was a very popular guy, with many friends in the fishing community. He had helped to run one club and started another. He had a bunch of people willing to spend money, spread the word, or even get on a plane. We were all energized, looking for some way to help.  

But we were all told to stand down, and let the family run things. We were told that spreading the word would endanger Brad's safety. We were made to believe that the family had real intelligence that publicity would hurt him. We were shut out, and only exposed to cryptic snippets of crap, which pointed to this being a criminal case. Stupidly, many of us believed that their sources were real. So, most of us stood down and did nothing. 

And that's the rub, for many of us. We were not able to help because we were told that our actions could only hurt him. This, while he was likely trying to improvise makeshift sails and such, dying of thirst in the Sulu sea.

So, those delusions are relatively harmless now. But they were anything but that, when this journey started.

And that's why some of us (Brad's friends) are now a bit angry. 

Edited by 4'Ner
  • Like 9
roadkill70

4'ner, you hit the nail on the head. A handful of us including myself were in the loop up to about four days ago and were cut off because we felt the same way. That being said... As I said above I highly doubt Brad's nieces statements are factual based on the secrecy of the family to this point.

• Like 3
roadkill70

There is a very small chance Brad was kidnapped. Regardless there are two people dead and 4 more unaccounted for. If it turns out the male isn't Brad it still doesn't excuse the fact people wanted to help and the family prevented that from happening. If the family had used the resources available to them when it REALLY mattered and timing was so important the two people found dead could have probably been saved. If it turns out its not Brad the person is still someone's brother,son, uncle, cousin etc. They deserved to be rescued too.

Edited by roadkill70
  • Like 4
Tbuddy69

There is a very small chance Brad was kidnapped. Regardless there are two people dead and 4 more unaccounted for. If it turns out the male isn't Brad it still doesn't excuse the fact people wanted to help and the family prevented that from happening. If the family had used the resources available to them when it REALLY mattered and timing was so important the two people found dead could have probably been saved. If it turns out its not Brad the person is still someone's brother,son, uncle, cousin etc. They deserved to be rescued too.

You are 100% correct and just to think every day they survived, they where hoping the same thing ,maybe thinking that at any moment someone was coming for them ,when in fact if all of the resources that wanted to help could of, there could have been a better chance for at least 2 survivors, but for some reason Brad's family didn't want that kind of focus, I don't nor will I ever understand why things happen the way they did, and I'm guessing will never know what was on the hard drives of either of those devices?
  • Like 2
oztony

4'ner, you hit the nail on the head. A handful of us including myself were in the loop up to about four days ago and were cut off because we felt the same way. That being said... As I said above I highly doubt Brad's nieces statements are factual based on the secrecy of the family to this point.

Roadkill , while being in the loop , surely if there was any tangible reality to this kidnapping theory it would have been divulged to those at close quarters ?

After reading what that girl had to say , I am of the opinion that more than one member of Brad's family suffer from what is known as "confirmation bias" ,

They think something or are suggested something , and without any verification , or substantiation it becomes and remains as a fact in their minds , and

because of that , they refuse to re-evaluate , because in their minds it is factual and real.

This girl say's she has spoken to the kidnappers , I would say that you have more chance of stopping the tide from coming in than this being real.

And as this situation continues to de-generate further for the family they may well start turning on each other in regards to the handling of this.

Instead of their little closed group that has absolutely zero / zip knowledge of the PI , and in particular this area of the PI , if they had of , as Paul said ,

come to this forum , I do believe it would have been the most valuable platform available to them in making life saving decisions.

And BTW , if this foul mouthed little tart did actually speak to the kidnappers , I plan on walking on water for the benefit of everybody here.

• Like 6
FISHINGBRAT

Roadkill , while being in the loop , surely if there was any tangible reality to this kidnapping theory it would have been divulged to those at close quarters ?

After reading what that girl had to say , I am of the opinion that more than one member of Brad's family suffer from what is known as "confirmation bias" ,

They think something or are suggested something , and without any verification , or substantiation it becomes and remains as a fact in their minds , and

because of that , they refuse to re-evaluate , because in their minds it is factual and real.

This girl say's she has spoken to the kidnappers , I would say that you have more chance of stopping the tide from coming in than this being real.

And as this situation continues to de-generate further for the family they may well start turning on each other in regards to the handling of this.

Instead of their little closed group that has absolutely zero / zip knowledge of the PI , and in particular this area of the PI , if they had of , as Paul said ,

come to this forum , I do believe it would have been the most valuable platform available to them in making life saving decisions.

And BTW , if this foul mouthed little tart did actually speak to the kidnappers , I plan on walking on water for the benefit of everybody here.

That is why I came here in the beginning to help find Brad. A place to get info from those in the know. I have a couple friends in the Philippines but they area not from that area, they are from Quezon City and could not help me.  I hoped Brads family would follow to get knowledge and help, but it was not to be.

• Like 1
roadkill70

As of 4 days ago there was not mention by Tom that Brad had been kidnapped. I would have been told. As for Brads niece.....she has issues.

• Like 2
oztony

I just want to say if there are any new members that are friends of Brad's or have relevant information and want to add something to this thread ,

please send Paul a PrivateMessage , and I am sure he will accelerate your membership so you can post straight away , without the usual waiting

period that applies to new members , where their posts have to be moderated. And even those that may not be a member but are  just viewing this

thread as a guest , please consider joining and adding something here if you think we are derserving enough to know something that we already do not .

Capture.PNGhuyt.PNG

• Like 2