US Army approves sex change treatment for jailed soldier

A person may have the right to have this procedure done even in prison but The U.S. government shouldn't have to pay for it! How much will it cost anyway?

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• lamoe

• Cipro

• Bill H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I had to stand in line at sick call to just be handed a few aspirin.   I guess the army has changed a little?

My, how our military has changed.    The founding fathers would have had the piece of shite shot for treason. Now, they are catering to the likes of this asshole. 

All this, and you have the audacity to call Australians Strange

The officers who agreed to this are no better than the POTUS in their disregard for the enlisted.  The officers will face some harassment but the enlisted, as Paul mentioned, are going to face a world of crap from everyone else.

Gives new meaning to "be all that you can be" now it's "be whatever you want to be"

• Like 1

There is IMO a fine line and a difference between this guy who was actively serving in the military and civilian whistle-blowers, in that they are under different circumstances. When some private citizen (like Snowden) finds he is privy to a government agency (or any agency really) that is engaged in past, present, and ongoing unlawful activities it's a distinctly different thing than a military person leaking military secrets. 

• Like 1

When some private citizen (like Snowden) finds he is privy to a government agency (or any agency really) that is engaged in past, present, and ongoing unlawful activities it's a distinctly different thing than a military person leaking military secrets. 

Wait. Wasn't he employed by the CIA, or some other clandestine unit? Or, am I confusing him with someone else? 

A person may have the right to have this procedure done even in prison but The U.S. government shouldn't have to pay for it! How much will it cost anyway?

"Sex change surgery is expensive. The cost for male to female reassignment is $7,000 to $24,000. The cost for female to male reassignment can exceed $50,000."

Read more: http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Pa-St/Sex-Reassignment-Surgery.html#ixzz3Rl2cEH1H

Easier to snip and tuck.

Given that tax payers are footing the cost =  $1,500,000 to $3,000,000  :kissass: 

Edited by lamoe

Given that tax payers are footing the cost =  $1,500,000 to $3,000,000

By comparison, how much would a single bullet have cost? Simple mathematics, to me.

There is no cost too high for the public to bear when it comes to making sure Pros feel good about themselves.

Wait. Wasn't he employed by the CIA, or some other clandestine unit? Or, am I confusing him with someone else? 

The CIA/NSA/FBI are not part of the military. 

The CIA/NSA/FBI are not part of the military. 

Thanks. I couldn't recall, exactly. But, they are units that maintain state and national secrets. Their employees have been sworn to uphold and keep those secrets. 

Thanks. I couldn't recall, exactly. But, they are units that maintain state and national secrets. Their employees have been sworn to uphold and keep those secrets. 

Probably true, however the same could be said for members of organized crime. A civilian making a promise is no license to ignore criminal activity. When it gets really messy is if there is no one to report it too, as in the case of Snowden. It's not like he could write a letter to the AG and complain with any hope of a positive outcome when the very wheels of the legal system are embroiled in the illegal activities. 

I feel outrage over this but mostly I am outraged that any citizen would be placed in this position by a government that is supposed to be "for the people" and "by the people." 

• Like 1
mikewright

Probably true, however the same could be said for members of organized crime. A civilian making a promise is no license to ignore criminal activity. When it gets really messy is if there is no one to report it too, as in the case of Snowden. It's not like he could write a letter to the AG and complain with any hope of a positive outcome when the very wheels of the legal system are embroiled in the illegal activities. 

I feel outrage over this but mostly I am outraged that any citizen would be placed in this position by a government that is supposed to be "for the people" and "by the people." 

While I was looking up the details of the matter, I came across a video made by Ethan McCord, a soldier and an eyewitness to the incident in a video that Manning had leaked.  Couldn't but help feel sorry for McCord and the position he was placed in, even after he asked for help. It's the third video down in the link.

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

smokey

"Sex change surgery is expensive. The cost for male to female reassignment is $7,000 to $24,000. The cost for female to male reassignment can exceed $50,000."

Read more: http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Pa-St/Sex-Reassignment-Surgery.html#ixzz3Rl2cEH1H

Easier to snip and tuck.

Given that tax payers are footing the cost =  $1,500,000 to $3,000,000  :kissass: 

Gee thats a lot of money that could be spent giving some Iraq soldiers  new guns to shoot their american counterparts       friendly fire been going on for ever 

Edited by smokey

The officers who agreed to this are no better than the POTUS in their disregard for the enlisted.  The officers will face some harassment but the enlisted, as Paul mentioned, are going to face a world of crap from everyone else.

Gives new meaning to "be all that you can be" now it's "be whatever you want to be"

It seems to me that Obama has spent the last six years purging the Military of all its ethical general officers in favor of those who will quietly follow the party line and kiss Obama's ass and now you see why.  I don't know anything about military prisons, but I did work at a Federal Prison for a few years and inmates like this traitor who were gender confused are treated like this:  If they had a penis they were on the mens side, if they did not, they were on the woman's side.  Simple.

I do not believe a convicted felon should be given extraordinary medical care, such as breast implants, sex change therapy, hormonal treatment for cosmetic reasons, etc.  This is prison folks, it's not supposed to be a nice warm fuzzy pleasant experience.  These people committed crimes and are in prison to be punished, not coddled.  It's just insane to give them such treatment.

• Like 2
SkyMan

What's the price of a rusty meat clever and a hot iron?

• Like 1