US Army approves sex change treatment for jailed soldier

• Admin (Retired)
broden

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/us-army-approves-sex-change-treatment-for-jailed-soldier-115021301679_1.html

Washington, Feb 13 (IANS/EFE) The US Army has approved sex change treatment for transsexual soldier Bradley (Chelsea) Manning who is serving a 35-year prison term for leaking classified information to WikiLeaks, the USA Today newspaper reported.

"After carefully considering the recommendation that (hormone treatment) is medically appropriate and necessary, and weighing all associated safety and security risks presented, I approve adding (hormone treatment) to inmate Manning's treatment plan," wrote Col. Erica Nelson in a report obtained by the newspaper Thursday.

Nelson is the commandant of the Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas where Manning has been serving his sentence since July 2013 for violating the Espionage Act by leaking more than 700,000 classified documents to WikiLeaks.

The US military had asked the soldier, diagnosed with gender dysphoria, to be transferred from Fort Leavenworth to a prison in the federal system which provides such treatments to inmates.

The Department of Defense does not have experience in this type of treatment and so asked the Federal Bureau of Prisons to accept Manning.

Manning cannot be expelled from the army while he is serving his sentence, so authorities are obliged to provide the treatment requested by the soldier.

The day after being sentenced to prison, Manning confessed in a letter that he was a transsexual and was changing his name to Chelsea.

Manning has always maintained that he revealed the abuses of the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan for the public to know and to open a debate on the conflicts in those countries.

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• lamoe

• Cipro

• Bill H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I had to stand in line at sick call to just be handed a few aspirin.   I guess the army has changed a little?

My, how our military has changed.    The founding fathers would have had the piece of shite shot for treason. Now, they are catering to the likes of this asshole. 

All this, and you have the audacity to call Australians Strange

Way too many sarcastic remarks come to mind 

"gender dysphoria:

Wonder which population he/she will be housed with male / female?  http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dysphoria/Pages/Introduction.aspx

So if he suffered from Smallwillyitis  he's get an enlargement?

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Edited by lamoe
Dragonladies.org

And I had to stand in line at sick call to just be handed a few aspirin.

I guess the army has changed a little?

• Like 4

The Army (enlisted) hasn't changed that much - except for those who are in it only for the after enlistment bennies - but the brass sure has.

Like that one gal who whined about going into a combat zone. "I joined for the college tuition not to fight"  DFSB

Wouldn't be surprised if soon those on leave are advised to not wear uniforms in public  - same as we were back in the late 60' / early 70"s

Enlistment slogans say it all

http://www.braingle.com/trivia/7461/military-recruiting-slogans.html

#1   Which military branch uses "An army of one" as their slogan? (wonder how many get this wrong?)
#2   Which military branch uses "Cross into the blue" as their slogan?
#3   Which military branch uses "The few, the proud" as their slogan?
#4   Which military branch uses "Accelerate your life" as their slogan?
#5   Which military branch uses "Be part of the action" as their slogan?
#6   Which military branch uses "Aim high" as their slogan?
#7   Which military branch uses "It's not just a job, it's an adventure" as their slogan?
#8   Which military branch uses "Be all you can be" as their slogan?
#9   Which military branch uses "Get an edge on life" as their slogan?
#10   Which military branch uses "We're looking for a few good men" as their slogan?

My favorite

rosegarden25vn.jpg?w=500

Edited by lamoe

My, how our military has changed. 

The founding fathers would have had the piece of shite shot for treason. Now, they are catering to the likes of this asshole. 

• Like 2

You guys think the other branches of the military were giving the Army shite before? We haven't seen anything like they are about to get. 

Humboldt

I was surprised to fine out the( he-she )wasn't discharged from army , after being found guilty ,, 

about Slogan's I remember when they changed it to ,( Be all you can be ) about the time I was leaving the army

I use to get a lot of enjoyment , handing out Mop's and Broom's  to newbie's and saying Be all you can be ..

contraman

You guys think the other branches of the military were giving the Army shite before? We haven't seen anything like they are about to get. 

All this, and you have the audacity to call Australians Strange :yahoo:

• Like 2

All this, and you have the audacity to call Australians Strange :yahoo:

Good point.

mikewright

My, how our military has changed. 

The founding fathers would have had the piece of shite shot for treason. Now, they are catering to the likes of this asshole. 

I guess there are some Vets who admire what Chelsea did, but I suspect the majority don't.

From Terry Anderson, a journalist who was taken hostage by Hezbollah militants in 1985:

Terry Anderson

Dear Chelsea,

I am a retired AP journalist and Marine Vietnam veteran. I am often these days ashamed of my country when its leaders blatantly violate not just our constitution, but our ideals and principles. I am always proud of those who, feeling the same outrage, sacrifice themselves to fight back. You have shown yourself to be more of a hero than many others who claim to be serving America, and done so with dignity, knowing and accepting the consequences. One day, hopefully soon, our country will recognize that heroism. Meanwhile, stay strong in yourself. I was held for seven years by Shiite radicals in Lebanon. I know how soul-shattering imprisonment can be. I also know it is possible to survive it.

With respect, Terry Anderson

http://www.chelseamanning.org/

Anyone who would betray what has been entrusted to them, who is supposed to protect that information at all costs, yet - who willingly and openly offer that information to those who should not have it, should be tried and shot. I am talking literally here, not figuratively. This includes any and all citizens of the United States, up to and including the President. The current seated President of our once great nation is personally responsible for such actions, himself.  

The guy who went to Russia not too long ago, was another one. I forget his name at the moment. 

These people should be hunted down, apprehended, and brought back to the US mainland for trial. Then, they should be shot outside the court house where that trial took place, immediately after having been found guilty. 

I guess there are some Vets who admire what Chelsea did, but I suspect the majority don't.

Of course there are some - same as their are vets who are liars (Kerry - Navy),  murders of presidents (Oswald - Marines), and America hating reverends (Jeremiah Wright  - Marines & Navy)

I can just see this Guyirl prancing around the prison in his WAC uniform.Everyone will become his BUBBA Buddy.

• Like 1