Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Exit Fees TOTAL for Permanent Residents (13A Visa) with ACR 'I-Card

Jawny

Thanks for the info.

One thing I've learned since living here is the creative and simple methods that can result in revenue. A kind of institutional corruption. Create a situation where there is a likelihood of a problem and then create a solution to that problem.......with associate fees. Of course, add to the fee a surcharge such as the express lane fee. And, on top of that, require the individual to bring their own envelopes or such.

It is so simple, and effective.

Hope your timing works!

smokey

i paid a total of 5300 at Cebu to get on a Korean airline plane to us my wife paid less i think her payment was 1,200 peso

Monsoon

I just paid 2880 about 20 mins ago.

It is my first exit this year, subsequent exits are less.

Terminal fee is in the ticket, and I don't pay travel tax.

rep1

That's quite expensive and a few travels could cost you more than the annual fee of retirement visa!

Why did you guys bother to register for marriage? The cost doesn't add up!

SkyMan

That's quite expensive and a few travels could cost you more than the annual fee of retirement visa!

Why did you guys bother to register for marriage? The cost doesn't add up!

You really have to travel quite a bit, certainly more than me, for the SRRV to be a better deal than the 13A.

rep1

But my round-trip ticket is only P5000, tax P5000 means double fare! And 6 round-trips per year at least.

Edited by aqd

Woolf

But my round-trip ticket is only P5000, tax P5000 means double fare! And 6 round-trips per year at least.

6 + round trips per year  hmm

If you time it right and do not stay in philippines more than 59 days

get the 30 to 59 days extension at the port of entry  (cost close to 2800 php)

there is no more to pay

You can also get a 1 year multi entry visa 

then you will get 59 days stay at port of entry 

nothing more to pay

here is a link to   Manila Economic and Cultural Office, Philippine Representative Office in Taiwan

http://www.meco.org.tw/

• Like 1

rep1

but if I acquire the resident visa I'd just subject to the same departure tax as their own citizens?

Monsoon

but if I acquire the resident visa I'd just subject to the same departure tax as their own citizens?

Based on your previous posts you are working here, so you should definitely be on something other than a tourist visa. 

The main reason I went with 13A vs SRRV is I dont want any hassles/questions about my permission to work. Yes the folks at PRA say they will provide assistance with obtaining necessary work permits - yada yada, and unicorns are real and so are pots of gold at the end of rainbows. 

Also, a 13A visa is an immigrant visa whereas the SRRV is non-immigrant. There can be advantages to an immigrant visa depending on one's individual circumstances. Long before my rose colored glasses expired I thought about obtaining citizenship. Also some people might not have or be willing to put up the capital required for the SRRV. Some might be under 35 years old, I certainly was when I moved to the Philippines. 

I've had several visa types over the years. The most convenient I think by far was a 47A2, but that's dependent upon qualified company sponsorship. In any case, I would definitely not want to stay long term on a tourist visa, especially if truly living in the Philippines. 

Edited by Monsoon

snt mig

I am a 13 A permanent resident and traveled out of country 7 months ago and of course paid the  departure tax.I will be travelling again in 2 months. Do I pay the same amount ? (1620).thanks..Miguel

Woolf

I am a 13 A permanent resident and traveled out of country 7 months ago and of course paid the  departure tax.I will be travelling again in 2 months. Do I pay the same amount ? (1620).thanks..Miguel

Travel tax 1620 php   YES

TheWhiteKnight

You can also get a 1 year multi entry visa 

then you will get 59 days stay at port of entry 

nothing more to pay

here is a link to   Manila Economic and Cultural Office, Philippine Representative Office in Taiwan

http://www.meco.org.tw/

Very easy to obtain in BKK.

TheWhiteKnight

Also, a 13A visa is an immigrant visa whereas the SRRV is non-immigrant. There can be advantages to an immigrant visa depending on one's individual circumstances. Long before my rose colored glasses expired I thought about obtaining citizenship. Also some people might not have or be willing to put up the capital required for the SRRV. Some might be under 35 years old, I certainly was when I moved to the Philippines.

Unmarried here and still got the rose colored glasses on (not exactly) but do plan to live the rest of my life here. Under 35. I'm waiting to turn 35 just to get the SRRV, and I do have hopes it will be accepted as residence for citizenship after 10 years. It does concern me that it is non immigrant visa though. I didn't see anything official but a few mentions on some embassy sites (which hold no power) that with the SRRV it would be possible to naturalize after 10 years. I wont hold my breath.

I guess time will tell, not going to immigration all the time seems worth it for me anyway.

Monsoon

Unmarried here and still got the rose colored glasses on (not exactly) but do plan to live the rest of my life here. Under 35. I'm waiting to turn 35 just to get the SRRV, and I do have hopes it will be accepted as residence for citizenship after 10 years. It does concern me that it is non immigrant visa though. I didn't see anything official but a few mentions on some embassy sites (which hold no power) that with the SRRV it would be possible to naturalize after 10 years. I wont hold my breath.

I guess time will tell, not going to immigration all the time seems worth it for me anyway.

If it is that important to you, then you might want to consult someone experienced on the issue.

It is funny, you get a lot of guys in their first few years talking about becoming a citizen, but you sure don't meet many who have done it! I know three people who have become naturalized. I have been offered a "package deal" on it myself.

I would rather go for a root canal.

• Like 1