Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Exit Fees TOTAL for Permanent Residents (13A Visa) with ACR 'I-Card

Monsoon
That's sad they make you pay for their own delay.

:ROFLMAO:

If I added up all the costs I have incurred both personally and professionally as a result of delays caused by Filipino officials not doing their job it would just make me ill. 

I can come up with over $30k USD just off the top of my head from the past 6 months right now...

Edited by Monsoon

David_LivinginTalisay

That's sad they make you pay for their own delay.

The Issuance of a NEW ACR I-Card takes up to 20 x working days!

I submitted my ACR I-Card Renewal Application on Monday 1st Feb, so Friday 26th Feb, is 19 x working Days.

So technically, the BI have not failed to deliver in their stated Timescales!

I asked Questions via Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines Facebook Blog Messaging

I received Answers to my Questions via that Facebook Blog.

Sometimes they suggested, that I send an E-mail with specific documents attached.

WED 10:25

424978_133424816796234_2071060977_n.jpg?

Mr. David Whittall:

Good day Sir.

May we request you to write us a formal request letter stating that you would like to have your ACR I-CARD be sent to Cebu BI District Office where you can receive the same in order for us to facilitate the sending today.

Kindly addressed your letter to : HON. RONALDO A. GERON Commissioner Bureau of Immigration Magallanes Drive Intramuros, Manila

Attention: Mr. Eric E. Dimaculangan Executive Director

Thank you.

Had I not gone to Bi Cebu, they might have sent it via Courier, so I might have received it by Friday, hopefully!

What with Cebu City Charters Day in Cebu (24th), and then a special non-working holiday in observance of the 30th anniversary of People Power Revolution on 25th, I thought the chances of receiving my new ACR I_Card, by Friday, close of business, was not 100% certain!

Paying PHP1,010.00 to get an ACR I-Card Waiver in 2 hours this afternoon, was a reasonable price for Guaranteed "No Problem with knowing I am Permanent Resident and retaining that Status, when I return to the Philippines (August 10-14th}?

I may well book a flight to Barcelona in Spain, & then Heathrow, UK, before visiting Cebu.

I want to visit my Whittall Family members, as not been back since 2007.  

I have yet to meet my grandson Oscar and his baby sister, Arinna! Only seen/heard them via Skype or WeChat Video calls.

My Dad is diagnosed with Altzheimer's, and I don't want him dying (like my Mum did in 2014, without me getting to see her, since my last UK visit)!

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

That Masked Man

If it is that important to you, then you might want to consult someone experienced on the issue.

It is funny, you get a lot of guys in their first few years talking about becoming a citizen, but you sure don't meet many who have done it! I know three people who have become naturalized. I have been offered a "package deal" on it myself.

I would rather go for a root canal.

I know it will be several years before I am even eligible for citizenship, so I am keeping my options open and not committing to it any time soon, but I have yet to see any good reason not to do so once I am eligible. What would you lose by doing so? And, if you don't mind me asking, what else is in that "package deal"? Or is that something better not discussed here?

M.C.A.

My first time leaving with the 13a Visa, it was $60 in pesos because all I had to my name was $100.  And if you are going to be gone from Jan-Feb you'd better leave your card with the wife because get ready for some fines, they now have maxed out the fines to 2000 pesos per year.  Back in 2007 I left returned in 2010 and my fines were 14,000 pesos, Ooff but now I see it's limited to 2,000 pesos per year, this is the fine that you'll get if the wife doesn't check you in every year with the Immigrant card.

TheWhiteKnight

I know it will be several years before I am even eligible for citizenship, so I am keeping my options open and not committing to it any time soon, but I have yet to see any good reason not to do so once I am eligible. What would you lose by doing so? And, if you don't mind me asking, what else is in that "package deal"? Or is that something better not discussed here?

Main reason is that you have to give up your current citizenship to become a PH citizen. Supposedly they don't require verification but if they catch you traveling on your old countries passport they could have grounds to revoke your citizenship and probably seize all that property you bought haha.

• Like 1

Oz Jon

Having waded through all the complications and costs listed in this thread - does anyone else get the impression that foreigners are not welcome?

Your money is welcomed, just not you!

My conclusion is that, notwithstanding all the other possible visa options, staying just short short of 6 months on a tourist visa then doing a visa run to somewhere, maybe is cheaper (and reminds you of the existence of a more rational world ) and is a far less hassle option for long-term residents?

Jawny

The Issuance of a NEW ACR I-Card takes up to 20 x working days!

I submitted my ACR I-Card Renewal Application on Monday 1st Feb, so Friday 26th Feb, is 19 x working Days.

So technically, the BI have not failed to deliver in their stated Timescales!

I asked Questions via Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines Facebook Blog Messaging

I received Answers to my Questions via that Facebook Blog.

Sometimes they suggested, that I send an E-mail with specific documents attached.

WED 10:25

I had a similar (and surprising) experience using the BI Facebook messaging. I was unclear about a detail concerning my ACR renewal, and was not getting clear information from the Cebu BI. I got a reply to my message which ended up providing me two phone numbers to call in the Manila BI. Called and got the info within a few minutes.

Salty Dog

Main reason is that you have to give up your current citizenship to become a PH citizen. Supposedly they don't require verification but if they catch you traveling on your old countries passport they could have grounds to revoke your citizenship and probably seize all that property you bought haha.

I've heard you can keep your other citizenship.

Do you have a source that says you can't...

Using TapaTalk, so can't use emoticons

TheWhiteKnight

I've heard you can keep your other citizenship.

Do you have a source that says you can't...

Using TapaTalk, so can't use emoticons

1. What are the modes in acquiring Philippine citizenship?

There are two (2) generally recognized forms of acquiring Philippine citizenship:

1. Filipino by birth

1. Jus soli (right of soil) which is the legal principle that a person’s nationality at birth is determined by the place of birth (e.g. the territory of a given state)

2. Jus sanguinis (right of blood) which is the legal principle that, at birth, an individual acquires the nationality of his/her natural parent/s. The Philippine adheres to this principle.

2. Filipino by naturalization which is the judicial act of adopting a foreigner and clothing him with the privileges of a native-born citizen. It implies the renunciation of a former nationality and the fact of entrance into a similar relation towards a new body politic (2Am.Jur.561,par.188).

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/citizenship

Also question 3 implies it as well.

SkyMan

Has anyone left the country of 13A since the ELF has gone away?  Fee should be p2380 now.

fivestarph

Has a been a change in the exit fees on departing Cebu internationally?

When I left last Nov 2016 the Assessment was, RP/SRC Fee  700, Emigration Clearance cert   700,  head tax   250, legal research Fee 20, Express lane 500 = 2170

In March 2017(1st time leaving in year) RP/SRC Fee 1,400, Emigration Clearance cert   700, head tax   250, legal research Fee 30, Express lane 500 = 2,880

In September 2017 RP/SRC Fee 1,400, Emigration Clearance cert   700, head tax   250, legal research Fee 30. = 2,380

When I enquired about the RP/SRC fee again being 1,400 as it was my second exit for the year I was informed new fees.

Anybody had the same assessment?

SkyMan
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

When I left last Nov 2016 the Assessment was, RP/SRC Fee  700, Emigration Clearance cert   700,  head tax   250, legal research Fee 20, Express lane 500 = 2170

I always get the 2880.  Was this your second time out in a year?

Woolf

In September 2017 RP/SRC Fee 1,400, Emigration Clearance cert   700, head tax   250, legal research Fee 30. = 2,380

I see you did not pay express lane fee, express lane fee was done away with some time this year, a few months ago

fivestarph
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I always get the 2880.  Was this your second time out in a year?

Yes. My first was in March when I paid what I expected to pay.

The second last week when I ended up paying peso 200 more than I expected to on the basis that I anticipated being charged the Express lane fee.

In a nutshell has the RP/SRC Fee been increased by Peso 700 to compensate for the removal of the Express Lane fee?

Edited by fivestarph

SkyMan

Yes. My first was in March when I paid what I expected to pay

I was referring to your Nov 2016 departure....

4 hours ago, fivestarph said:

3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Was this your second time out in a year?

fivestarph

My November 2016 trip was actually my third for 2016.