Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Exit Fees TOTAL for Permanent Residents (13A Visa) with ACR 'I-Card

Monsoon

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the process differs for 13a holders who will leave the Philippines and do NOT want to retain their 13a visa on return?

Aren

Yes it does. But I wouldn't open my mouth. To me paying 2880 is better than making a special trip to immigration!

• Like 1

SkyMan

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the process differs for 13a holders who will leave the Philippines and do NOT want to retain their 13a visa on return?

Aren

I would imagine if you tried to cancel your 13A before leaving the country it would end up costing you more.  You might be able to cancel your 13A at an RP embassy after leaving.  If you could not do that you might be able to get a tourist visa or tourist visa waiver or BB stamp on reentry if they didn't notice your 13A but I don't think that likely.  If so, I don't know what the ramifications of being caught with 2 statuses would be but probably not good.  I think you'd then be better off entering on the 13A and then canceling it here.

Monsoon

I've downgraded a visa before and it is a royal pain in the ass. Not sure if you can do it at field offices or not. For me it took multiple trips to intramuros and time. No way in hell I ever want to go through it again. It comes down to what is your time worth?

If they asked me if I were leaving for good I would smile and say no.

The 2880 you pay gives you an ECC and a 'Special reentry permit". That permit is good for one year. If you exceed it I am told you can still salvage your visa but again it takes going to immigration and jumping through hoops.

By the way, I always keep the receipt for my last exit until I get back in case something gets screwed up with the system. I just tuck it into one of the pockets of my briefcase. It was a recommendation from an immigration lady.

Edited by Monsoon

cebubird

If you have been in philippines more than 6 months ,as a tourist, and show up at the airport trying to leave, without the ECC, you will NOT be allowed to board the plane

LOL---A'int this place something???/

sugbu777

Reading this stuff makes me more sure that I'll just to the BB stamp, as we'll be leaving about twice a year to come back to Guam when we go back to the Philippines upon retirement

cvgtpc1

What happens if you leave and just let the visa expire?  Will there be a hassle if you try to come back in?

SkyMan

What happens if you leave and just let the visa expire?  Will there be a hassle if you try to come back in?

What visa are you asking about?

cvgtpc1

What visa are you asking about?

The 13A.

David_LivinginTalisay
My costs for leaving on Flight 5J240 to HKG on 27 Feb are a lot higher than previous trips.  

The reason being my ACR I-Card expires on 17th May 2016!

I could have left on my existing Card, but CebuPacificAir staff @ HKIA (HKG), were not happy that my ID Photo on my ACR i-Card disappears when I remove it from the clear plastic window in my wallet (cheap production process or something, as no problem with PI Driving Licence!).

Immigration staff @ MIA (CEB), also said I should get it replaced.   I present the same ACR I-Card for Annual Inspection and nobody suggests it should be changed.

One can renew the ACR I-Card up to 3 months before the Expiry Date on the I-Card.

Since I will be in China on the expiry date, and do not want problems when returning in June!
I figured I will look into getting the NEW Permanent Resident - Light Yellow ACR I-Card:-

BI TO ISSUE NEW ACR I-CARD DESIGNS BEGINNING THURSDAY

16 July 2015 at 08:25

Manila, Philippines---The Bureau of Immigration (BI) will issue ACR I-Cards with the new, color-coded design shall be issued beginning Thursday, July 16, 2015.

The new design, with specific colors designated for particular visa types, shall be microchip-embedded, and with added security features to protect against fraud.

Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-017, the new ACR I-Cards will be issued in ten different colors to represent the various visa categories issued by the BI, i.e.,

Visa Category - Assigned Color

Permanent Resident - Light Yellow
Native Born - Bronze
Special Non-Immigrant - Dark Purple
Worker - Blue
Probationary Resident - Light Purple
Voluntary Registrant - Red
Tourist - White
Student - Aqua Blue
Treaty Trader - Gray
Gratis - Green

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

On 1st February, I submitted my Application for Renewal of my ACR I-Card No. E239566 at BI-Cebu District Office, with completed, signed Forms, and all the required Photocopies (including my Original Passport and 1st ACR I-Card stamp).

(I submitted on 1st February 2016, see OR#: M16537166780 - ACR I-Card Fee, of PHP2,385, plus OR#: EM16537171938 - Express Lane Fee, of PHP500.   Then OR#: M16537166781 - ACR Fee, of PHP1,010, plus OR#: EM16537171939 - Express Lane Fee, of PHP500).   Total PHP4,395

But BI-Cebu District Office, said I could NOT get my replacement ACR I-Card, by Friday 26th February - some 25 days later.   Apparently replacement/renewal of ACR I-Card takes " at least 14 to 20 working days from the date of filing"!    (It is 19 x working days from 'Filing' on 1st February, just one day less then the maximum).

BI-Cebu District Office, said I would have to come back on say 19th Feb to submit "Request for Waiver".

So BI-Cebu District Office, want me to jump through hoops by writing /signing a Letter "Request for Waiver under "Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2014-002" to Hon. Ronaldo A. Geron, Commissioner, Burea of Immigration, Magallenus Drive, Intramuros, Manila (thru Mr. Julius G. Jamorabon).  

No doubt there will be FEES for the issue of such "Request for Waiver"?

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/Issuances/2014/march/SBM%202014-002.pdf
Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

SkyMan

The 13A.

I have not seen anything about the Permanent 13A expiring.  If you are out of the country during Jan-Feb you will need to catch up your AR fee(s) but there should be no penalties.

Jawny

My costs for leaving on Flight 5J240 to HKG on 27 Feb are a lot higher than previous trips.  

The reason being my ACR I-Card expires on 17th May 2016!

I could have left on my existing Card, but CebuPacificAir staff @ HKIA (HKG), were not happy that my ID Photo on my ACR i-Card disappears when I remove it from the clear plastic window in my wallet (cheap production process or something, as no problem with PI Driving Licence!).

Immigration staff @ MIA (CEB), also said I should get it replaced.   I present the same ACR I-Card for Annual Inspection and nobody suggests it should be changed.

One can renew the ACR I-Card up to 3 months before the Expiry Date on the I-Card.

Since I will be in China on the expiry date, and do not want problems when returning in June!
I figured I will look into getting the NEW Permanent Resident - Light Yellow ACR I-Card:-

BI TO ISSUE NEW ACR I-CARD DESIGNS BEGINNING THURSDAY

16 July 2015 at 08:25

Manila, Philippines---The Bureau of Immigration (BI) will issue ACR I-Cards with the new, color-coded design shall be issued beginning Thursday, July 16, 2015.

The new design, with specific colors designated for particular visa types, shall be microchip-embedded, and with added security features to protect against fraud.

Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-017, the new ACR I-Cards will be issued in ten different colors to represent the various visa categories issued by the BI, i.e.,

Visa Category - Assigned Color

Permanent Resident - Light Yellow
Native Born - Bronze
Special Non-Immigrant - Dark Purple
Worker - Blue
Probationary Resident - Light Purple
Voluntary Registrant - Red
Tourist - White
Student - Aqua Blue
Treaty Trader - Gray
Gratis - Green

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

On 1st February, I submitted my Application for Renewal of my ACR I-Card No. E239566 at BI-Cebu District Office, with completed, signed Forms, and all the required Photocopies (including my Original Passport and 1st ACR I-Card stamp).

(I submitted on 1st February 2016, see OR#: M16537166780 - ACR I-Card Fee, of PHP2,385, plus OR#: EM16537171938 - Express Lane Fee, of PHP500.   Then OR#: M16537166781 - ACR Fee, of PHP1,010, plus OR#: EM16537171939 - Express Lane Fee, of PHP500).   Total PHP4,395

But BI-Cebu District Office, said I could NOT get my replacement ACR I-Card, by Friday 26th February - some 25 days later.   Apparently replacement/renewal of ACR I-Card takes " at least 14 to 20 working days from the date of filing"!    (It is 19 x working days from 'Filing' on 1st February, just one day less then the maximum).

BI-Cebu District Office, said I would have to come back on say 19th Feb to submit "Request for Waiver".

So BI-Cebu District Office, want me to jump through hoops by writing /signing a Letter "Request for Waiver under "Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2014-002" to Hon. Ronaldo A. Geron, Commissioner, Burea of Immigration, Magallenus Drive, Intramuros, Manila (thru Mr. Julius G. Jamorabon).  

No doubt there will be FEES for the issue of such "Request for Waiver"?

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/Issuances/2014/march/SBM%202014-002.pdf

Thanks for sharing the details.  Sorry to hear of your complications.  Your ACR and mine expire on exactly the same date.  I intended to request a renewal this week in Cebu BI when I come to do an annual report.

I was curious about the "1st ACR-I stamp" you refer to.  What is this?

Last time I renewed I was require to provide all the ORs from each annual report as well as the copies of various documents such as passports.  

SkyMan

Just bring your ACR-I card, passport, and money of course.  Do the AR, then renew.  They will tell you what copies  you need.  I just did it 6 months ago.  I should have waited until the day thte card expired.

David_LivinginTalisay

Thanks for sharing the details.  Sorry to hear of your complications.  Your ACR and mine expire on exactly the same date.  I intended to request a renewal this week in Cebu BI when I come to do an annual report.

I was curious about the "1st ACR-I stamp" you refer to.  What is this?

Last time I renewed I was require to provide all the ORs from each annual report as well as the copies of various documents such as passports.  

Jawny,

It was in October 2002, when I applied for my 13A Visa.   I was given 12 months 'Probationary'.

In my old Passport, there was this full page stamp :-

BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION

Cebu District Office

STATUS OF ADMISSION

AMENDED  FROM PROBATIONARY

TO PERMANENT PER ORDER OF

This is what they wanted a copy - the Notification in my Passport, that I was granted 'Permanent Resident' status.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Jawny

Not sure if something was missing from the last post.  

I had to have my status recorded into a new passport several years ago.  Basically, they restamped my sport and indicated the flight number I arrived on and the date of entry.

Just bring your ACR-I card, passport, and money of course.  Do the AR, then renew.  They will tell you what copies  you need.  I just did it 6 months ago.  I should have waited until the day thte card expired.

It's great they will tell us what copies we need.  Just makes it a lot easier to knowing advance what those will be.  Making return trips can be a pain.

SkyMan

t's great they will tell us what copies we need.  Just makes it a lot easier to knowing advance what those will be.  Making return trips can be a pain.
ell, part of what they need copied is the app you fill out and you could do that from home but they want it after they've made some scribbles on it.  Then they also want you to copy the receipt after you pay.  There's an office supply place down the escalator from the BI (in JMall anyway).  You get the copies they want plus a file folder, and an envelope or something like that.  The place knows what you need.  Forgot to say bring a pen for the app.