Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Exit Fees TOTAL for Permanent Residents (13A Visa) with ACR 'I-Card

SkyMan

That's quite expensive and a few travels could cost you more than the annual fee of retirement visa!

Why did you guys bother to register for marriage? The cost doesn't add up!

You really have to travel quite a bit, certainly more than me, for the SRRV to be a better deal than the 13A.

rep1

But my round-trip ticket is only P5000, tax P5000 means double fare! And 6 round-trips per year at least.

Edited by aqd

Woolf

But my round-trip ticket is only P5000, tax P5000 means double fare! And 6 round-trips per year at least.

6 + round trips per year  hmm

If you time it right and do not stay in philippines more than 59 days

get the 30 to 59 days extension at the port of entry  (cost close to 2800 php)

there is no more to pay

You can also get a 1 year multi entry visa 

then you will get 59 days stay at port of entry 

nothing more to pay

here is a link to   Manila Economic and Cultural Office, Philippine Representative Office in Taiwan

http://www.meco.org.tw/

• Like 1

rep1

but if I acquire the resident visa I'd just subject to the same departure tax as their own citizens?

Monsoon

but if I acquire the resident visa I'd just subject to the same departure tax as their own citizens?

Based on your previous posts you are working here, so you should definitely be on something other than a tourist visa. 

The main reason I went with 13A vs SRRV is I dont want any hassles/questions about my permission to work. Yes the folks at PRA say they will provide assistance with obtaining necessary work permits - yada yada, and unicorns are real and so are pots of gold at the end of rainbows. 

Also, a 13A visa is an immigrant visa whereas the SRRV is non-immigrant. There can be advantages to an immigrant visa depending on one's individual circumstances. Long before my rose colored glasses expired I thought about obtaining citizenship. Also some people might not have or be willing to put up the capital required for the SRRV. Some might be under 35 years old, I certainly was when I moved to the Philippines. 

I've had several visa types over the years. The most convenient I think by far was a 47A2, but that's dependent upon qualified company sponsorship. In any case, I would definitely not want to stay long term on a tourist visa, especially if truly living in the Philippines. 

Edited by Monsoon

snt mig

I am a 13 A permanent resident and traveled out of country 7 months ago and of course paid the  departure tax.I will be travelling again in 2 months. Do I pay the same amount ? (1620).thanks..Miguel

Woolf

I am a 13 A permanent resident and traveled out of country 7 months ago and of course paid the  departure tax.I will be travelling again in 2 months. Do I pay the same amount ? (1620).thanks..Miguel

Travel tax 1620 php   YES

TheWhiteKnight

You can also get a 1 year multi entry visa 

then you will get 59 days stay at port of entry 

nothing more to pay

here is a link to   Manila Economic and Cultural Office, Philippine Representative Office in Taiwan

http://www.meco.org.tw/

Very easy to obtain in BKK.

TheWhiteKnight

Also, a 13A visa is an immigrant visa whereas the SRRV is non-immigrant. There can be advantages to an immigrant visa depending on one's individual circumstances. Long before my rose colored glasses expired I thought about obtaining citizenship. Also some people might not have or be willing to put up the capital required for the SRRV. Some might be under 35 years old, I certainly was when I moved to the Philippines.

Unmarried here and still got the rose colored glasses on (not exactly) but do plan to live the rest of my life here. Under 35. I'm waiting to turn 35 just to get the SRRV, and I do have hopes it will be accepted as residence for citizenship after 10 years. It does concern me that it is non immigrant visa though. I didn't see anything official but a few mentions on some embassy sites (which hold no power) that with the SRRV it would be possible to naturalize after 10 years. I wont hold my breath.

I guess time will tell, not going to immigration all the time seems worth it for me anyway.

Monsoon

Unmarried here and still got the rose colored glasses on (not exactly) but do plan to live the rest of my life here. Under 35. I'm waiting to turn 35 just to get the SRRV, and I do have hopes it will be accepted as residence for citizenship after 10 years. It does concern me that it is non immigrant visa though. I didn't see anything official but a few mentions on some embassy sites (which hold no power) that with the SRRV it would be possible to naturalize after 10 years. I wont hold my breath.

I guess time will tell, not going to immigration all the time seems worth it for me anyway.

If it is that important to you, then you might want to consult someone experienced on the issue.

It is funny, you get a lot of guys in their first few years talking about becoming a citizen, but you sure don't meet many who have done it! I know three people who have become naturalized. I have been offered a "package deal" on it myself.

I would rather go for a root canal.

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

If it is that important to you, then you might want to consult someone experienced on the issue.

It is funny, you get a lot of guys in their first few years talking about becoming a citizen, but you sure don't meet many who have done it! I know three people who have become naturalized. I have been offered a "package deal" on it myself.

I would rather go for a root canal.

Wow I've never heard of anyone who has actually done it. Are they members here? Would love to hear more.

I don't want any funky business tho with package deals, I want to be legit. I'm going on 4 years here now. I've actually already been through all the trial and tribulations and occasional wtf am I doing moments. I finally recently got the in the zone and have accepted things the way they are and I'm rather enjoying my life here. My house will be paid off soon (long term lease from my father who actually is a PH citizen, house not tied to a woman) and life is going pretty well. If I ever lose my ability to make money abroad then I might be forced to go back to the US, but pending that, why bother?

So I'd say its pretty important to me, but I'm not willing to get married to pursue it. I can't find any lawyers who know anything about anything. Any ideas who I'd consult with some experience on this issue?

Monsoon

I want to be legit. I

Ahh, to be young and optimistic about the Philippines again.

Don't mind me, I'm just a tad bit envious :-)

• Like 1

Monsoon

I don't want any funky business tho with package deals

About the only thing I've gotten done in the Philippines that involved the government and didn't involve me paying or knowing someone who knew someone to get it done was renewing my drivers license.

TheWhiteKnight

Ahh, to be young and optimistic about the Philippines again.

Don't mind me, I'm just a tad bit envious :-)

I'm just afraid they would end up reviewing my "package deal" some years later and throw me out of "paradise" haha. I don't know about everyone else, but despite all its problems, for me this is still a remarkable place to live. If the girls ever wise up and no longer treat me the way they do here then I'm probably on the first flight to Bangkok where things are still cheap, food is better, and transportation works.

Monsoon

I'm just afraid they would end up reviewing my "package deal" some years later and throw me out of "paradise" haha. I don't know about everyone else, but despite all its problems, for me this is still a remarkable place to live. If the girls ever wise up and no longer treat me the way they do here then I'm probably on the first flight to Bangkok where things are still cheap, food is better, and transportation works.

They are still busy tracking down all the guys who bought quota visas.

They got really bogged down with all visas issued based on fake marriage contracts.

It will take them a while.

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

They got really bogged down with all visas issued based on fake marriage contracts.

I was looking in to the quota visa. I'm really curious to find out if I filled everything properly and perfectly and parked the $50K USD in the bank, would I get approved? They don't even exhaust the 50 per year quota. The main thing stopping me from finding out is, it seems pretty scary to me to inform immigration that I'm right here with 2.3 million sitting in the bank. Sounds like a recipe for detention at the BI Bicutan detention center for some extortion. 

I gave up on that fantasy, too risky, I'm biting the bullet and will settle for dropping 20K in the bank with the PRA, at least it's somewhat locked in to the account and PRA has to approve any touching of the money. I still don't like notifying immigration of a large deposit but I some how feel better knowing the PRA is involved at least.

Monsoon

I was looking in to the quota visa. I'm really curious to find out if I filled everything properly and perfectly and parked the $50K USD in the bank, would I get approved? They don't even exhaust the 50 per year quota. The main thing stopping me from finding out is, it seems pretty scary to me to inform immigration that I'm right here with 2.3 million sitting in the bank. Sounds like a recipe for detention at the BI Bicutan detention center for some extortion. 

I gave up on that fantasy, too risky, I'm biting the bullet and will settle for dropping 20K in the bank with the PRA, at least it's somewhat locked in to the account and PRA has to approve any touching of the money. I still don't like notifying immigration of a large deposit but I some how feel better knowing the PRA is involved at least.

It isn't immigration I would worry about, I'd be more concerned with the fact that if approved your information will be made public on the BI website.

Even worse, when you go for that Filipino citizenship you'll need to run an ad in a major newspaper inviting the public to inform the solicitor general of any derogatory information about you. If you ever told a neighbor to F off, it could haunt you 10 years down the road and become grounds for denying you the citizenship most don't want to grant you in the first place (without the proper amount of palm grease that is).

TheWhiteKnight

It isn't immigration I would worry about, I'd be more concerned with the fact that if approved your information will be made public on the BI website.

Even worse, when you go for that Filipino citizenship you'll need to run an ad in a major newspaper inviting the public to inform the solicitor general of any derogatory information about you. If you ever told a neighbor to F off, it could haunt you 10 years down the road and become grounds for denying you the citizenship most don't want to grant you in the first place (without the proper amount of palm grease that is).

I've seen the info, it does suck to see the name, age and citizenship on there but no address or anything. Yeah I saw the newspaper thing haha, I try to keep a low profile, luckily the only person so far who might have something against me would never be caught dead reading a paper.

Actually I don't mind greasing a little bit after I've already met the requirements. I just don't want to be a complete fraud haha.

rep1

Based on your previous posts you are working here, so you should definitely be on something other than a tourist visa. 

We are still in process of registration so no working visa can be applied. I should get the 47 visa for PEZA company later though.

But what's the point of an immigrant visa or citizenship? They have higher corporate and personal tax and seem zero benefit here. I can still buy a condo and make investment without an immigrant visa!

fred42

You dont need to be married here to get a quota visa right? Are you saying they are having problems with fake ones being sold?

I know they had a huge problem with the Balikbayan stamp being sold..Even to single foreigners!

State Trooper

I have a quota visa. Got it in 2005. My wife's sister in law worked at the BI in Manila and she helped get it through the channels. Lots of paperwork and signatures. You are supposed to have $50,000 deposited in a PI bank and agree to invest here. Most of the other requirements are similar to the 13a. Now that $50,000 doesnt have to stay in the PHL, you just have to have it there when you apply. I did invest here in a cell phone store so I figured I had that part covered.

Ive never doubted its authenticity and I have never been questioned by any BI official at any yearly report or during I Card renewals or when going in and out of the country.

And that quota visa isnt tied to your wife or any other Filipino. If your business fails and you lose all your investment you still have the visa. I think the only way to lose is it to go out of compliance with BI such as not making your yearly report.

TheWhiteKnight

I have a quota visa. Got it in 2005. My wife's sister in law worked at the BI in Manila and she helped get it through the channels. Lots of paperwork and signatures. You are supposed to have $50,000 deposited in a PI bank and agree to invest here. Most of the other requirements are similar to the 13a. Now that $50,000 doesnt have to stay in the PHL, you just have to have it there when you apply. I did invest here in a cell phone store so I figured I had that part covered.

Ive never doubted its authenticity and I have never been questioned by any BI official at any yearly report or during I Card renewals or when going in and out of the country.

And that quota visa isnt tied to your wife or any other Filipino. If your business fails and you lose all your investment you still have the visa. I think the only way to lose is it to go out of compliance with BI such as not making your yearly report.

I guess either you got lucky or your passed muster. Congrats.

I'd love to have the quota visa.

David_LivinginTalisay

To    ;  DANILO C. ALMEDA
           Chief, Alien Registration Division

Dear  Danilo C. Almeda

Thank you for your reply giving me information and advice.

I wish to report that  I did submit my Application for Renewal of my ACR I-Card No. E239566 at BI-Cebu District Office, on 1st February 2016. (OR#: M16537166780 - ACR I-Card Fee, of PHP2,385, plus OR#: EM16537171938 - Express Lane Fee, of PHP500.   Then OR#: M16537166781 - ACR Fee, of PHP1,010, plus OR#: EM16537171939 - Express Lane Fee, of PHP500).

I was informed this replacement/ renewal of my ACR I-Card should be processed in the " at least 14 to 20 working days from the date of filing".  

But BI-Cebu District Office, said I could NOT get my replacement ACR I-Card, by Friday 26th February - some 25 days later (19 x working days) from submission

I did file my Application to get my ACR I-Card replaced, more than 3 weeks prior to my Cebu Pacific Flight:-

BOOKING DETAILS               DEPARTURE RETURN     GUEST/S

Confirmation#   FEMMVN        CEB - HKG           -          1   David Robert Whittall
Booked: Jan 12, 2016              Feb 27, 2016

BI-Cebu District Office, said I would have to come back. on say 19th Feb, to submit "Request for Waiver", as they feel that my Replacement new style ACR I-Card, will not be available for me to pick up on or before Friday 26th February.

DANILO C. ALMEDA, Chief, Alien Registration Division, is there any way to expedite this ACR I-Card Renewal Application submission of mine, filed  on 1st February in Cebu, such that I would be able to pick it up on or before Friday 26th February from BI-Cebu District Office, if at all possible?

I would be most grateful, as this will save me to time and inconvenience of having to submit such "Request for Waiver" a week before my flight (not to mention the additional cost of PHP1,100 + PHP500 Express Lane Fee).

I will gladly post to your Facebook page, that  Alien Registration Division helped ensure my ACR I-Card replacement, to the new design, was able to be processed, in 3 weeks before my flight, as you suggested.

This also means I will have my new  design ACR I-Card with me, when I depart, so it will register my Payment of ECC Fee (PHP 700)
HEAD TAX. (PHP 250), RP/SRC Fee ( PHP1400), Legal Research (PHP 30), Express Lane Fee (Php500). No problems having to give my wife, Power of Attorney to collect my new ACR Card. if if can't be processed in 3 weeks prior to my flight, then have to get it sent via Courier to me @ HNUC, Changsha, Hunan, PRC.

I will call the Alien Registration Division (ARD) at telephone number 02-465-2400 local 228 to see if they can report on the progress of that 1st February filing of my new design ACR I-Card re, and if there is little or no chance of it being available @ BI-Cebu District Office, looks like I will have to submit BI-Cebu District Office.  I do hope that will not be necessarym and my wife have to collect on my behalf, and send it to me in China.

Best regards,

David Robert WHITTALL

Mbl: 09055200901

Tel: 032 2728604

This was the reply that I received:-

ACR I-Card Waiver.pdf

BI-Cebu District Office, said I would have to come back. on say 19th Feb, to submit "Request for Waiver", as they feel that my Replacement new style ACR I-Card, will not be available for me to pick up on or before Friday 26th February (ie they can not process it in the 3 weeks before my flight (as Danilo C. Almeda, Chief of BI Alien Registration Division suggested), or 19 x working days from submission (1 day short of the maximum)!

Think I might send this as a follow up e-mail:-

Dear Bureau of Immigration Philippines <[email protected]>

Thank you for having forwarded my email, to your Central Receiving Unit (CRU) for their review and proper disposition.  It is much appreciated.

Sorry to bother you again, but I really need a reply as to the progress of my Application for Renewal of my ACR I-Card No. E239566 submitted at BI-Cebu District Office, on 1st February 2016.

I am concerned that if I do not hear any good news, on positively being able to receive my new ACR I-Card on or before Friday 26th February,  that I will have to submit this "Request for Waiver" this Friday, 1 week before my Flight CEB - HKG

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/acr-i-card-waiver

Best regards,

David Robert WHITTALL

Mbl: 09055200901

Tel: 032 2728604

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

David_LivinginTalisay

Bureau of Immigration Philippines
11:43 (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Sir:

We have forwarded your email request to office of Executive Director Dimaculangan. 
Consequently, your ACR I-CARD has been forwarded to the DATA TRAIL  CORP.
which is in charge of transporting the ACR I-CARD to Cebu.

We are hoping that your card will be delivered to Cebu by Friday, 26 February 2016.

Kindly call Cebu BI Office for update before proceeding to their office.

Thank you.

Bureau of Immigration Philippines Main Office in Manila will be closed on Thursday, 25 February 2016 which has been declared as a special non-working holiday in observance of the 30th anniversary of People Power Revolution.

Now for your Immigration concern ,

BI National Operation Center is open to accommodate all your calls and messages through our social media accounts.

You may contact us at:

Hotline
(63)(2)465-2400 (Trunkline) 
(63)(2)524-3824, 524-3769

E-mail Messaging Unit 
[email protected] 
[email protected]
[email protected]

Social Media Unit
Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration
Twitter: immigrationPH
Instagram: @immigph

So BI Philippines Main Office in Manila will be Closed on on Thursday, 25 February 2016 which has been declared as a special non-working holiday

But 
 Bureau of Immigration Main Office in CEBU was OPEN today on Wednesday 24th February 2016 which is a special non-working holiday - |

CEBU CHARTER DAY

16:17

424978_133424816796234_2071060977_n.jpg?

Mr. Whittall,

We are sorry to inform you that your ACR I-CARD did not reach the cut-off of those card that would be sent through courier to Cebu.
May we know if you were able to secure a visa waiver?

Actually, I was already @ BI Cebu District Office on 2nd Floor of J Center, and had lodged my ACR I-Card Waiver Application.

Weighing up the ODDS on my new ACR I-Card, actually reaching BI Cebu by Friday this week, (when it had not even been dispatched, by the time I left my home in Talisay after lunch today), against the COST of  such ACR I Card Waiver (I was only asked to pay PHP1,010 today,  Then there is the cost of getting Permanent Residence in Philippines if I left with NO new ACR I-Card nor the ACR I-Card Waiver

Unable to pay the ACR I-Card holders PHP2,880 Fees @ Passport Control 
to RETAIN ones Permanent Residence Status when leaving  
(so you can re-enter  the Philippines, as a Permanent Resident when you return.

ECC FEE.................................PHP  700
      HEAD TAX..............................PHP  250
      RP/SRC FEE..........................PHP1400
      Legal Research.................... PHP    30
      Express Lane Fee.................PHP  500

BUT what is the real COST (time, money and inconvenience) of trying to get your Permanent Residency Status Restored?

A lot more than PHP1,010 that I paid for the ACR I-Card Waiver  today and left J Center about 2 hours later
with my Waiver Letter

post-198-0-09994700-1456310741_thumb.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

TheWhiteKnight

Bureau of Immigration Philippines Main Office in Manila will be closed on Thursday, 25 February 2016 which has been declared as a special non-working holiday in observance of the 30th anniversary of People Power Revolution.

Now for your Immigration concern ,

BI National Operation Center is open to accommodate all your calls and messages through our social media accounts.

You may contact us at:

Hotline

(63)(2)465-2400 (Trunkline) 

(63)(2)524-3824, 524-3769

E-mail Messaging Unit 

[email protected] 

[email protected]

[email protected]

Social Media Unit

Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration

Twitter: immigrationPH

Instagram: @immigph

So BI Philippines Main Office in Manila will be Closed on on Thursday, 25 February 2016 which has been declared as a special non-working holiday

But  Bureau of Immigration Main Office in CEBU was OPEN today on Wednesday 24th February 2016 which is a special non-working holiday - |

CEBU CHARTER DAY

16:17

424978_133424816796234_2071060977_n.jpg?

Mr. Whittall,

We are sorry to inform you that your ACR I-CARD did not reach the cut-off of those card that would be sent through courier to Cebu.

May we know if you were able to secure a visa waiver?

Actually, I was already @ BI Cebu District Office on 2nd Floor of J Center, and had lodged my ACR I-Card Waiver Application.

Weighing up the ODDS on my new ACR I-Card, actually reaching BI Cebu by Friday this week, (when it had not even been dispatched, by the time I left my home in Talisay after lunch today), against the COST of  such ACR I Card Waiver (I was only asked to pay PHP1,010 today,  Then there is the cost of getting Permanent Residence in Philippines if I left with NO new ACR I-Card nor the ACR I-Card Waiver

Unable to pay the ACR I-Card holders PHP2,880 Fees @ Passport Control 

to RETAIN ones Permanent Residence Status when leaving  

(so you can re-enter  the Philippines, as a Permanent Resident when you return.

ECC FEE.................................PHP  700

HEAD TAX..............................PHP  250

RP/SRC FEE..........................PHP1400

Legal Research.................... PHP    30

Express Lane Fee.................PHP  500

BUT what is the real COST (time, money and inconvenience) of trying to get your Permanent Residency Status Restored?

A lot more than PHP1,010 that I paid for the ACR I-Card Waiver  today and left J Center about 2 hours later

with my Waiver Letter

That's sad they make you pay for their own delay.