Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

Exit Fees TOTAL for Permanent Residents (13A Visa) with ACR 'I-Card

miles-high

So, most people have to pay about US$60 every time they leave the country?

I wonder what the purpose of this "departure tax" is for? I don't know if any other countries charge these taxes and fees...

I guess I should feel lucky as I don't have to pay... haha :D

SkyMan

That is why, I need to also have Cash Funds, to pay the Airport Tax @ MIA, Cebu (CEB)
No terminal fee in Miami.

Jawny

I wonder what the purpose of this "departure tax" is for? I don't know if any other countries charge these taxes and fees...

I guess I should feel lucky as I don't have to pay... haha :D

Departure taxes are pretty common. Lucky you if the taxes have not been applied or you have only travelled to countries sans tax. The purpose is revenue, hence the term tax.

• Like 1

Monsoon

Even more if they can't get around paying the TIEZA travel tax.

What's even worse is those on a 9G have to apply for a hard ECC before leaving like people on tourist visas do. I couldn't imagine running a company and not being able to jump on a plane the same day or next day to go somewhere and deal with something.

The Philippines has this annoying tendency to want to deny people leaving. It's disgusting.

If they ever change the rules with my visa regarding my ability to come and go at will I will be packing my bags and bidding adieu to the Philippines.

• Like 3

GoHuk

Proceed to regular immigration queue present passport, ACR and receipts that you just got from cashier. 

For sake of clarity I recommend you use the proper local terminology to describe that particular 'assessment'.

It is commonly and officially known as a 'terminal fee'.

Whoops - pots and kettles. I'm surprised you left the country if you joined an immigration queue. :fighting0029:

cebubird

I got a little confused reading all these posts, so I have just a simple question, that a simple yes or no should answer:

I'm a permanent resident 13-A, been here almost 5 years, do I have to go thru this exit fee crap?

Woolf

YES

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

Monsoon

I got a little confused reading all these posts, so I have just a simple question, that a simple yes or no should answer:

I'm a permanent resident 13-A, been here almost 5 years, do I have to go thru this exit fee crap?

Yup. But the good news is you do it all at the airport on your way out. And at NAIA you get to go through the Diplomatic/APEC/disabled line after handing over your 2880 pesos.

Make sure your ACR is current (they expire every 5 years is why I mention it).

Don't forget to pay your travel tax before checking in. In your case you won't be able to weasel your way out of it, since you've been there so long.

Whoops - pots and kettles. I'm surprised you left the country if you joined an immigration queue. :fighting0029:

I was sorta trying to make a funny there in that second post.

Guess it wasn't so obvious.

GoHuk

I was sorta trying to make a funny there in that second post. Guess it wasn't so obvious.

Well I let you off  very gently.

• Like 1

arentol

in order to leave the Philippines (and retain 13A Visa on my return)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the process differs for 13a holders who will leave the Philippines and do NOT want to retain their 13a visa on return?

Aren

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

Yup. But the good news is you do it all at the airport on your way out. And at NAIA you get to go through the Diplomatic/APEC/disabled line after handing over your 2880 pesos.

But then I hear of an ECC that you have to apply for prior to the airport, is that for certain PI visa holders or residents?

Woolf

But then I hear of an ECC that you have to apply for prior to the airport, is that for certain PI visa holders or residents?

13A visa holders do it at the airport and can only do it at the airport

Tourist visa holders do it at immigration office 72 hours in advance of leaving, and can only do it at an immigration office

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

Tourist visa holders do it at immigration office 72 hours in advance of leaving, and can only do it at an immigration office

So if I came over for 7 months on tourist visa extensions I would need this to leave.  Nice to know!  I'm usually on Balikbayan with my wife or just there 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Woolf

So if I came over for 7 months on tourist visa extensions I would need this to leave.  Nice to know!  I'm usually on Balikbayan with my wife or just there 2 weeks.

If you have been in philippines more than 6 months ,as a tourist, and show up at the airport trying to leave, without the ECC, you will NOT be allowed to board the plane

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2