Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Tailors

Headshot

I have my shorts made at He-Man Tailors in Colon. If you have a pair of shorts you like, they can make as many pairs as you wish using the same pattern. You can either use the materials they have available (of course you pay for it), or you can buy your own material at a fabric store and bring it in to have it sewn. They can also make dress shirts. Again, just bring in a shirt that fits you well and the material you want the shirts made from (or use their materials for a little more).

I would suggest that with the first shirt or shorts, you use their materials, and find out exactly how much material was required to make your garment. That way, you will know how much material to buy in the future for more garments. Buying the material myself at a fabric shop (so I get the fabric and colors I want), it costs me 250 pesos per pair to have shorts sewn (the way I want them) at He-Man. If you have them supply the material, then you will obviously add the cost of the fabric (with a mark-up) to the price of the shorts. I don't know the cost of their shirts or other garments off the top of my head.

Provided you stay away around semester breaks, when they are very busy sewing uniforms of all sorts, you will get your clothes within a week of ordering. I think I went in on a Monday, and my shorts were ready on Thursday this last time.

He-Man Tailors is located kitty-cornered from Our Place Tavern at the intersection of Sanciangko Street and Pelaez Street.

+ marks the spot on this map.

http://wikimapia.org...898452&z=19&m=b

If you know of any other tailors in the Cebu Metro Area, please feel free to post as much information about them as you have. It is always good to have choices.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Alfred E. Neuman

"Boy" of Metro Gaisano for pants and blazers. 750 labor for pants and 1,500 for blazers. Double stitched, rubber inseam, secret pockets, your name and stats embroidered, top quality textiles available. Workmanship as good as Hongkong tailors.

• Like 2

Paul

I have had a number of pairs of cargo shorts made by He-Man, over the past number of years. I recommended it to another member some time back. He created a thread promoting them as well, back in 2012. 

Here is the thread.

I was trying to remember who told me about them originally. I can't remember, though.

Edited by Paul

Headshot

This thread is for ALL tailors...NOT just He-Man. I know there are a number of good tailors out there. Another tailor I know of is Kingsmen Tailors on South Bacalso in Pardo (close to Pardo Parish Church). I used to drive past them all the time, but never did any business with them. However, they have started making ready-to-wear that is sold in SM department stores, and I bought a couple of pairs of pants made by them. I am quite happy with the quality so far. I would like to know if anybody has had Kingsmen make them any clothes on a custom basis.

Paul

This thread is for ALL tailors...NOT just He-Man.

I am well aware of that. I was merely making a comment since YOU were the one who mentioned it in the first post in the thread.

bkkmarlowe

Headshot, can you tell us where you go to buy the materials/ fabric for your He man shorts?

And how many meters of cloth would the tailor need for a pair of shorts? I know it would depend on the customers waist size etc and the style of the shorts, but just an idea of the length required and average cost of the fabric for a pair of plain cotton shorts?

Edited by bkkmarlowe

Holmes

"Boy" of Metro Gaisano for pants and blazers. 750 labor for pants and 1,500 for blazers. Double stitched, rubber inseam, secret pockets, your name and stats embroidered, top quality textiles available. Workmanship as good as Hongkong tailors.

Where is this located?

Bonjon

Headshot, please can you put a "tailor" tag on this thread so I can find it again when I need the details in the future?

Thanks

Alfred E. Neuman

Where is this located?

Where is this located?

He gets transferred a lot to all Gaisano establishments. Last time I knew was Gaisano Colon(old).

Headshot

Headshot, can you tell us where you go to buy the materials/ fabric for your He man shorts?

And how many meters of cloth would the tailor need for a pair of shorts? I know it would depend on the customers waist size etc and the style of the shorts, but just an idea of the length required and average cost of the fabric for a pair of plain cotton shorts?

I went to Telefabrica in the LG level of SM City Mall for the fabric. The other fabric stores in that area (LG) specialize mostly in drapery fabrics. I bought a meter and a half of each color just to be safe (I'm a big guy). To be honest, I can't remember the cost, but they have a lot of different fabric, and they are all priced differently, so whatever it cost me would probably be different for you.

Edited by Headshot

Paul

Headshot, please can you put a "tailor" tag on this thread so I can find it again when I need the details in the future?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I just added a couple of tags to Bill's original post.

• Like 2