Sign in to follow this  
Rocketman

Caught Rustan's Stealing - What to do...

Art

Absolutely !! Rustans will be forced to post a sign saying " please ask if you want the peels included"

There is a principle here you are missing any fruit peeled has a shorter use by date than a wholly covered fruit.  You should be paying far less than a whole fruit.   Try and see the broader picture. 

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

Does anyone know where I should go with this?

They will turn a deaf ear and there are no agencies that will care about such a problem.  On a previous shopping trip of mine I picked up an item that was clearly marked but the cashier rang up a different price and tore off the existing price tag.  I told her the price tag was correct and the shelf label also said the same price.  She sent the bag boy to check and he came back to say: No it doesn't, with the old shelf tag stuck in his pocket (I watched him remove the shelf tag and put it in his pocket).  So tell us again how Rustans is 

a "reputable" store
  • Like 1

contraman

Look at this another way.

If they undercharged you for an item would you be so concerned and want to report it or make youtube videos etc ? :(

Runian

my problem is Bacon, I love my bacon .. but when I buy a pack, cheep or not more then 50% of it is left dripping out of my aircon as reconstituted water and clogging up my drains as rendered fat. CDO bacon or black label same same the cdo is 90 ish PhP and the black label a 100 php more.. pisses me off. 

On the bright side, the girl at the Dep. store in RobAi Dumaguette noticed the price from the bar-code was smaller then the written price,(not bacon though) she ran it a second time did a shrug and packed up my shit. 

Edited by Runian

Rocketman

Look at this another way.

If they undercharged you for an item would you be so concerned and want to report it or make youtube videos etc ? :(

Are you suggesting that the practice they have going here is ok and should be allowed?

They will turn a deaf ear and there are no agencies that will care about such a problem.  On a previous shopping trip of mine I picked up an item that was clearly marked but the cashier rang up a different price and tore off the existing price tag.  I told her the price tag was correct and the shelf label also said the same price.  She sent the bag boy to check and he came back to say: No it doesn't, with the old shelf tag stuck in his pocket (I watched him remove the shelf tag and put it in his pocket).  So tell us again how Rustans is 

Yeah, I know.  Mis-marked happens and could be considered just an oversight.    Let's use another analogy:   you bought steak that was outstanding and it was only P250/KG.  You go back to the same store week after week to get this great steak that is so cheap & so good.  Then you realize the weight is really 1/2 of what it was marked.  It is explained to you that it is done intentionally because the extra weight was fat and bone and we know our customers want just the good part.  When I buy pork chops, I have a choice between with or without fat.  Without fat costs more.  All the same?

Of course I'm not going to take this to the supreme court and I'm not stressing about it (enjoying a gin on the rocks as I type this) but you have to admit this is an obvious fleecing of the customer that gets ignored by "thanking the customer for bringing it to their attention."

• Like 2

bkkmarlowe

Absolutely !! Rustans will be forced to post a sign saying " please ask if you want the peels included"

And dont forget if you want mango slices neatly packed in shrink wrap... dont forget the b-b-b-b... big... big stone in d middle. Thats what I am paying for, and I stand by my rights as a customer... and i know back in the west, that the customer is always right? ... Right?   :yahoo:

smokey

just make sure to ask for them to include your peels then - I cant imagine them refusing to do so ! 

[ you are probably one of those guys Art who goes to the lumber yard and complains that his 2x4 studs are only 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches !!! ]

ha ha ha you don't eat fruit your Korean ... not to say you don't have any fruit

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

Geeze Davaoeno you worry me arguing with a man carrying a bolo or another man with gutting knife in his hand do you have a death wish?   I am concerned about you, you seem to have lost all common sense sometimes. 

Really, because if he gets anymore confrontational and indignant he will be acting like an ex-Marine... :biggrin_01:

funny-cute-puppy-angry-face.jpg

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 3

David_LivinginTalisay

Of course I'm not going to take this to the supreme court and I'm not stressing about it (enjoying a gin on the rocks as I type this) but you have to admit this is an obvious fleecing of the customer that gets ignored by "thanking the customer for bringing it to their attention."

What 'Gin' did you buy, and how much did you pay for it Rocketman, if you don't mind me asking?

see http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/79862-where-has-all-the-london-dry-gin-gone/

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 AM

So, I take it nobody on this Forum, knows of any store, outlet or Supermarket that currently stocks "Premium Dry London Gin"?

Luckily I had a partial bottle of "Premium Dry London Gin" with Gaisano 94.00 label, on the cap of a 700ml  bottle.

There was also a 'Soda Fina' 500ml 'Tonic Water'!  

I was in Ayala today, and they had some 700ml bottles of  "Premium Dry London Gin"  but there were 3 shelves, 2 of which had Price Tags saying 98 and a lower one saying 103!

I asked one of the staff, which of these was correct, and he said '103' is the New Price, and removed the other '98' shelf tags, saying that was the previous price.

Wrong - my Receipt says Php98

I also bought a Bay Bridge 'Merlot' that says Php310 in Isle (17).

Elsewhere in the Store there was PROMO on some French Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon @ Php185

Trouble was none of the 'Promo' bottles matched the Display Stand name, only the type Bay Bridge 'Merlot' and and Cabernet Sauvignon

So I asked, where was a 'Scanner' so I could Check the Price?  

Instead they took me to some office and entered the BarCode Digits and was told it was Php195.

My same receipt from Ayala today, says that I was charged for Bay Bridge 'Merlot' Php199 (a saving of Php117

• Like 1

Rocketman

What 'Gin' did you buy, and how much did you pay for it Rocketman, if you don't mind me asking?

I drink Bombay Sapphire and get it at S&R for P620 I think.

SkyMan

I'm pretty sure you can buy Pomelo unpeeled and pay the same per kilo price and then go peel it yourself.  I prefer to let them peel it free.  I used to be annoyed at the giant stalk they left on the broccoli (which you of course pay for) but I found you can eat that just as well.  Peeled a bit, sliced and steamed.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3

Hy H

I'm pretty sure you can buy Pomelo unpeeled and pay the same per kilo price and then go peel it yourself.  I prefer to let them peel it free.  I used to be annoyed at the giant stalk they left on the broccoli (which you of course pay for) but I found you can eat that just as well.  Peeled a bit, sliced and steamed.

Heh.  Sometimes the stalk on broccoli is bigger than the florette. I quite like eating the stalk raw.

Same goes at times with carrots in Robinson had half lenght of the greens still on them.

Cgu

I always wondered if I pay for the holes in the cheese? I tell them to fill it in before they weigh it...

I think it is ok to tell them not to cheat you, but after that let it be... as the Beatles used to sing.....unless you have sooooo much spare time.

Edited by Cgu

Dublin boy

For p85 a kilo move on man as you will just go crazy

Bill H

And dont get me started on the fish seller who was selling from his boat on the shore who weighed the fish and then gutted it right in front of me and didnt give me the guts

WOW I'm impressed, there stands a Korean Midget getting in the face of a fish monger who has a large razor sharp knife in his hand and demands guts!  You keep that up and the fish monger just might be having a bad day and give you yours, wrapped in newspaper of course.

Anyway, I'm truly impressed by your hutzpa Davaoeno, I really am.

• Like 1