Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

tourist visa extension up to 24 months

NOSOCALPINOY

It looks like the application requires a "pension"of some sort which amounts to at least $800 per month.  That I do not have.  I get a measly $358 per month SS and then the rest of my "income" is rental based.  Does that mean that I am ineligible even though I could put up the $10k to $20k bond?

That's one of the PRA requirements to qualify for an SRRVisa, at least a $1,000 a month pension, but it maybe best to speak with a PRA representative if income derived from rental properties are included. 

If you are military Vet 50 yrs old and older (retired or not) with a DD214, the minimum bank security deposit is only $1,500 under the Expanded SRRVisa for ex-military members, but the annual report is $360 a year or $10 a year if one did a tour in the Philippines 2 yrs or more in any capacity. 

This is sort of going off topic, just go to the topic on here under SRRVisa or just Google search it for more details.

Here's a link that may answer some of your questions: http://philippineslifestyle.com/blog/2014/08/30/precise-guide-philippine-srrv-retirement-visa-2014-2015/

In the link it mentions that one's Filipino spouse can apply for an SRRV with only a $1,500 deposit and include her foreign spouse and only pay a fraction of the cost! Dang, if I only knew this, I could have had my SRRV long time ago, but on second thought, where will her monthly income or pension derive from? That could be the drawback to this scenario, but maybe feasible if she worked and has a company pension.
For pension-based SRRV, one has to prove your monthly check is deposited into a Filipino bank. Nowhere does it state it has to be direct deposit, most here show proof it is entered into a bank within the Philippines along with a proof of deposit slip from the said bank and you are good to go.

If your spouse lost her Philippines citizenship due to the fact she lived in another country for a prolonged period of time. She can reclaim his or her Philippines citizenship via the ‘dual citizenship program.’ Here are some unique factors if this is the case and you want to come to the Philippines to retire:
1) As a former Philippines citizen, your spouse can apply for an SRRV – “AND” include you in her application

2) Her application fee is the same $1,400

3) The additional spouse cost is $300 (but wait here comes the clincher)

4) Your spouse is only required to deposit $1,500 into a Philippines bank account

If your spouse has become a citizen of another country, he or she will have lost her Philippine citizenship. It’s easy to reclaim his or her Philippine citizenship through the simple dual citizenship program, but consider this; as a former Philippine citizen your spouse may apply for an SRRV and can include you in her application. Her application fee is $1400. Including a spouse costs an additional $300 for a total application fee of $1700. Now for the good part — the required deposit drops to $1500.
Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

tambok

In Angeles City the big travel agency on the 1st floor of Wild Orchids hotel has told me that they do 6 month visas.

Raptor

In Angeles City the big travel agency on the 1st floor of Wild Orchids hotel has told me that they do 6 month visas.

After the 'airport visa' expires, it's two consecutive 6 month visas, and then 2 month extensions only according to one BOI agent.

Gus

After the 'airport visa' expires, it's two consecutive 6 month visas, and then 2 month extensions only according to one BOI agent.

That is my experience ..BI refused to do a 3rd 6 month extension. Had to go on 2 monthly again ..
  • Like 1

easy44

I just received a 6 month visa from the Tacloban, Leyte office 10 days ago.  I have already been in the country 28 months, so I don't know if this was a mistake or a change in policy.  The BI official asked me if I wanted 6 months, after I had presented my passport and application, and I took it!  Didn't ask any questions because I was afraid they might change their minds!  LOL

Still waiting to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience?  In any case, it looks like the other offices are now issuing 6 month visa extensions other than Manila, Davao and Cebu.

hyaku

Like most things is this country It takes time for the B.I. (not BOI) to issue stickers to all the satellite offices.

Headshot

Like most things is this country It takes time for the B.I. (not BOI) to issue stickers to all the satellite offices.

Don't get hung up on acronyms. It takes less key strokes to spell out "Immigration" than it does to spell out "the B.I. (not BOI)"

This forum is not a good place to be the grammar police. Whether somebody wants to write Immigration, BI, B.I., BOI, B.O.I., BoI, or whatever, it is likely that we will all (OK...most of us) understand what they were talking about...especially when the topic was about an immigration issue.

Davaoeno

I dont want to be argumentative, but at least post #81 was on topic [ unlike post #82 ]

[ and pointing out to someone the correct abbreviation for BI while at the same time making a valid point  and certainly not in a confrontational or attacking way to me is constructive ]

but thats me 

• Like 2

Gus

Don't get hung up on acronyms. It takes less key strokes to spell out "Immigration" than it does to spell out "the B.I. (not BOI)"

This forum is not a good place to be the grammar police. Whether somebody wants to write Immigration, BI, B.I., BOI, B.O.I., BoI, or whatever, it is likely that we will all (OK...most of us) understand what they were talking about...especially when the topic was about an immigration issue.

BOI is the Philippine Board of Investment .. so it does make a difference .
  • Like 2

A_Simple_Man

Don't get hung up on acronyms.

Were you in the ROTC or ROTP?  I don't get hung up on acronyms to much but on letter often changes the entire meaning of the world.

Woolf

I see nothing wrong in calling Bureau Of Immigration  BOI

Look at the top here, what does it say ?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/

Raptor

The point is according to the BoI, the BoI only allows two consecutive 6 month extensions after arriving. If anyone has proof to the contrary provide a photograph of your immigration stickers which are now conveniently computerized stickers and not just stamps.

Gus

I see nothing wrong in calling Bureau Of Immigration BOI

Look at the top here, what does it say ?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/

Well, actually I saw no reference to BOI .. but I may have missed it .. lots n lots of references to BI.

Personally I would see no prob with it either, if, it wasnt already the official Acronym of another Government department .. anyway .. Im not fussed either..

Cheers and thanks for your help with the directions to citilink.

Headshot

If the topic is about an immigration issue, do you REALLY think that somebody is referencing the Bureau of Investment? Are any of our members that easily confused?

Gus

Whatever u think can be good for u mate !