Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

tourist visa extension up to 24 months

A_Simple_Man

4.  thereafter you can only get 2 month extensions, which seems shortsighted and defeats the spirit of the intent

Thats what I say in Dumaguete where we can't even get ONE of those 6 month extensions.  Welcome to the Philippines.

Woolf
1.  you are required to get your entry visa of 60 days = 2 months

Just a small correction, not that it matters much

entry visa if you do not have a prearranged you will get 30 days at port of entry

can be extended to 59 days, cost of 3130, at an immigration office

With a prearranged visa you will get 59 days at port of entry

Edited by Woolf

NOSOCALPINOY

Is this topic concerning the 6 months tourist visa extensions referring

to the LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE)?

It sure doesn't look like it, because this type of long stay visa for 6 months intervals costs around P11,500.00 and from the looks of it, no one on here has mentioned paying that amount.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve

http://www.philembassy.org.au/information-on-the-long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-scheme.html

I've done 6 month visa extension intervals for an additional of 24 months prior to my BB stamp's expiration under the provision of RA 6768 at any BI field office. I've also have done the regular every 2 month tourist visa extension up to 16 months when my 59 days visa was about to expire. 

Now that I have my Expanded SRRVisa, I no longer have to bother with visa extensions and never have to set foot in an Immigration office ever again.

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

Woolf

If you have never been in philippines before

and you get the 6 months extension  after you been in philippines

for 59 days, the cost will be close  11,500 php

the next 6 month extension will cost much less

Woolf

BTW  I forgot to mention

If you arrive in philippines without a prearranged visa

you CAN get 59 days at port of entry

Do not line up at the immigration booths,

but find the immigration office and ask for the 59 days

you will have to pay about 2880 php

In Cebu  the office is to the left of the booths

Edited by Woolf

Kreole

Thats what I say in Dumaguete where we can't even get ONE of those 6 month extensions. Welcome to the Philippines.

I am staying on Siquijor island, across from Dumaguete, where I have gotten most of my visa extensions, except for the 6 month extension, which had to be done in Cebu and therefore worth the trip.  However, it is actually more of a hassle now to get even the 2 month extension in Dumaguete because they hold your passport overnight and ask that you return the next day for your documents.  For me that is worse by far than just getting on the Lite ferry and going to Cebu, mainly because I hate the water crossing between Siquijor and Dumaguete which is often rough, uncomfortable and tiring.  If you live in or near Dumaguete, then it should be easy.

Kreole

Just a small correction, not that it matters much entry visa if you do not have a prearranged you will get 30 days at port of entry can be extended to 59 days, cost of 3130, at an immigration office

An even smaller correction:  yes the entry period covers 30 days, and I believe they changed the first extension to an additional 30 days.  If you add those two together you get 60 days and thereafter you are eligible for the 6 month extension.

Kreole

Now that I have my Expanded SRRVisa, I no longer have to bother with visa extensions and never have to set foot in an Immigration office ever again.

What are the requirements for the SRRVisa?  That would be sweet if I did not have to lock up the $10,000 required into a bank account.  I just would not trust any Philippine bank with that amount of my money over an extended period of time, whether or not the deposit is insured which, in this country, doesn't mean shit.  Imagine trying to get your funds from the government deposit insurance corporation when your bank goes insolvent!!

Woolf

An even smaller correction:  yes the entry period covers 30 days, and I believe they changed the first extension to an additional 30 days.  If you add those two together you get 60 days and thereafter you are eligible for the 6 month extension.

It is 30 + 29

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/visa-waiver

Non-visa required tourists admitted initially for thirty (30) days and is requesting for an initial extension of twenty-nine (29) days

Kreole

I cannot find any information about that visa on the BOI site.

Woolf

I cannot find any information about that visa on the BOI site.

try this link  http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

SRRV  is not handled by immigration

Raptor

seems shortsighted

lol you must be new, the BOI is the very definition of shortsightedness and incompetence.

Kreole

lol you must be new, the BOI is the very definition of shortsightedness and incompetence.

Yeah, I'm a 5 year newbie.  What you state is sad but true, but it not just confined to the BOI.  It just seems like the BOI is making some effort, but it is like 1.5 steps forward and 1 step backward; agonizingly slow and inconsistent.  Much of what happens here in the RP is just "show" with little or no substance.  I get kind of numbed by it all.  The video playing in the BOI office at JC Mall is a good example.  That said, I like the people who work there, and they do seem to be making some effort.  I have never had a negative experience; in fact I have complimented some of the staff, for making efforts to deal with some very rude and demanding foreigners, and keeping their cool.

Kreole

SRRV is not handled by immigration

It looks like the application requires a "pension"of some sort which amounts to at least $800 per month.  That I do not have.  I get a measly $358 per month SS and then the rest of my "income" is rental based.  Does that mean that I am ineligible even though I could put up the $10k to $20k bond?

Raptor

That said, I like the people who work there

J Centre sure, but that other dump in Mandaue was a nightmare...

• Like 1