Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

tourist visa extension up to 24 months

Woolf

Is this about visa for entering Philippines and stay in the phlippines or about visa to and stay in USA ?

Kreole

How long can I extend my in the Philippines? Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months. Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

I have just decided not to go back to the US this year, so hope to extend my stay here for the (36) months as stated.  However, I am having to throw away my return ticket, and then will have no ticket out of the country, which I believe is a requirement.  Or is that only a requirement upon entry?  I have had a 6 month visa and will request another 6 month visa when this one expires in 2 months, so I hope I can just keep re-applying until I have completed 36 months stay.  Is it really going to be that straightforward?

Woolf

Kreole

How long have you staid in Philippines since last entry ?

As far as I know they do not ask to see a return ticket for visa extensions

Raptor

extensions are 1 month, 2 months and 6 months

Is the 6 month available to anyone? Or only to those who arrived after it was implemented last year? Because the latter is what I heard.

Woolf

When they started with the 6 month extension 

they would do the extension if it would bring you to more than 16 months in total

16 months total was the old limit

I have not been able to find out if that 16 month limit on 6 months extension

has been lifted or not

That is why I asked Kreole  how long he have staid in philippines since last entry

Skywalker

Immigration in Mandaue have never asked for any ongoing flight details, when I've gone there for a tourist visa extension.

Kreole
Kreole How long have you staid in Philippines since last entry ? As far as I know they do not ask to see a return ticket for visa extensions

I have been in the Philippines for 11 months.  In order to get the 6 month visa you must complete the 2 month visa requirement that you are given upon entry.  After that you can apply for the 6 month visa.  And, for those of us who are in the Visayas, you can only apply for that in Cebu.

Edited by Kreole

Woolf

I have been in the Philippines for 11 months.  In order to get the 6 month visa you must complete the 2 month visa requirement that you are given upon entry.  After that you can apply for the 6 month visa.

Can you please report back here if you are able to get the 6 month extension

as a 6 month extension will bring you to more than 16 months

Edited by Woolf

Kreole

Can you please report back here if you are able to get the 6 month extension as a 6 month extension will bring you to more than 16 months

Yes, I will do that.  If it is true that we can now stay a total of 36 months, then I will be a happy man, saving the expense and hassle of traveling back to the US.  In that case, I will need to find a country here in SE Asia where I could fly to when I reach the 36 month limit.  Any suggestions?  A place with an easy in/out.

Raptor

When they started with the 6 month extension they would do the extension if it would bring you to more than 16 months in total...16 months total was the old limit I have not been able to find out if that 16 month limit on 6 months extension has been lifted or not

I just confirmed the limit is 12 months now, and after 12 months, you can only extend 2 months at a time.

Ozbrum

I was at the J Mall office on Wednesday this week, extension of 2 months taking me up to 2 years ( October ) I checked whilst there and i think the guy at the reception remembers me now, he has seen enough of me.......grin.. ... anyway

1 )  outbound flight never asked for was told not needed.

2 ) one photo is enough

3)  can continue extension up to 36 months then must leave and reenter the country.....

I had filled the form up at home so had everything ready when i walked in the place....at 8.46 a.m., from booking in to walking out.....21 minutes..... cost 2,930 pesos

Very efficient albeit a bit over priced perhaps...?

have a good one

Edited by edluvs

Woolf

I just confirmed the limit is 12 months now, and after 12 months, you can only extend 2 months at a time.

Do you mean two 6 month extension that will bring you up to 14 months (59 days + 12 months) in country since last entry

what is the source of your confirmation ?

Raptor

Do you mean two 6 month extension that will bring you up to 14 months (59 days + 12 months) in country since last entry 

Yes, two consecutive 6 month extensions only, and then 2 month extensions after that, confirmed by one immigration agent so Kreole will get 2 months only.

A_Simple_Man

cost 2,930 pesos Very efficient albeit a bit over priced perhaps...?

Thats the standard price I pay now.  Used to be 2,830 but they added in 100 pesos for the cost of the 'sticker' they are supposed to use now.

Kreole

Yes, two consecutive 6 month extensions only, and then 2 month extensions after that, confirmed by one immigration agent so Kreole will get 2 months only.

Hmmmmmmm....

1.  you are required to get your entry visa of 60 days = 2 months

2.  then you can get a 6 month extension = 8 months

3.  then you can get only one more 6 month extension = 14 months

4.  thereafter you can only get 2 month extensions, which seems shortsighted and defeats the spirit of the intent, which is supposed to streamline the process and to make it easier and more economical in terms of time and money, and manpower required by the BOI.

• Like 1