Sign in to follow this  
throttleplate

tourist visa extension up to 24 months

throttleplate

according to BOI website any foreigner required to have a TOURIST visa can now stay up to 24 months and thats all it says.The old way was 16 months and then a request form needed to be filled out and sent to manila for approval.Anyone extend past 16 months on tourist visa with no problems just business as usual? 

• Like 2

easy44

If the website says 24 months, it is way out of date.  Tourists can now stay up to 36 months, with the usual 2 month extensions.  You can even get a 6 month extension, under certain circumstances, at Cebu, Manila and Davao offices.  It has been this way for some time now, I'm guessing more than a year.  Where have you been?

• Like 4

Paul

with the usual 2 month extensions

This is what they need to address. It is a pain in the butt to have to go to the BI every two months, for long staying expats.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

.Anyone extend past 16 months on tourist visa with no problems just business as usual? 

I just did my renewal after being her 16 months.  I did it in Dumaguete on Friday and it was business as usual.  The price was 3130 for 2 months and up until now it has been 2830 for 2 months so there is either an extra charge or a price increase.  Does not matter to me.  Prices always go up.  Its unfortunate but not unexpected.

Paul

so there is either an extra charge or a price increase...

... because I am a Canadian. :D

• Like 1

Woolf

I just did my renewal after being her 16 months.  I did it in Dumaguete on Friday and it was business as usual.  The price was 3130 for 2 months and up until now it has been 2830 for 2 months so there is either an extra charge or a price increase.  Does not matter to me.  Prices always go up.  Its unfortunate but not unexpected.

Look at your receipt

you will find that you paid 300 PHP  for annual report

you pay that when you renew jan-feb

been like that for 3 + years

so price has  NOT gone up

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
Look at your receipt

You obviously do not know the Dumaguete BI :killself:  .  I will get my receipt in 2 weeks.  But thanks for explaining where my 300 pesos went. (Note to self, gotta go back and give that guy a thanks 'cause he's a purty smart feller)

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1

Woolf

according to BOI website any foreigner required to have a TOURIST visa can now stay up to 24 months and thats all it says.The old way was 16 months and then a request form needed to be filled out and sent to manila for approval.Anyone extend past 16 months on tourist visa with no problems just business as usual? 

It would help a lot if you gave the url reference to where you found the information

Tourists can now stay up to 36 months (24 months for nationalities that require visa)

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/extensionofstay

1. How long can I extend my in the Philippines?

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

Mari M

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months. [/size]

Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

May I ask,who are considered non-visa required national and visa required national?

Woolf

May I ask,who are considered non-visa required national and visa required national?

You can find the lists here

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa

Those nationalities not listed must apply for a visa

• Like 1

Monsoon

If the website says 24 months, it is way out of date.  Tourists can now stay up to 36 months, with the usual 2 month extensions.  You can even get a 6 month extension, under certain circumstances, at Cebu, Manila and Davao offices.  It has been this way for some time now, I'm guessing more than a year.  Where have you been?

That website is so full of inaccuracies and misinformation it is disgusting. They list and map regional offices that do not exist! 

• Like 1

Mari M

Got it. Thanks.

easy44

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

The US, UK, Australia, and most other western countries are considered "non-visa required" because their nationals can arrive in the philippines without previously getting a visa in their home countries.  They can extend their stays up to 36 months.  Visa required nationals, from countries where they must get a visa before traveling to the Philippines, can only stay up to 24 months.

Woolf already posted the list in this thread:

http://www.philembas...r-services/visa

Not sure what else we can tell you.  You should read the posts here because it has already been explained a couple of times.  If you still don't understand you better go to the BI and have them explain it.

Edited by easy44

Woolf

Ok then, we try your link and find this:

Marked in red        may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months

• Like 1