Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Sven's guide to Camotes 2015 - where to stay or eat - with pictures

Mr. Mike

Nice work Sven..thank you!

• Like 1

cebulover2000

We just came back from Camotes and took your write-up as guide line. We brought our own car since it is cheap and roll on and off is very fast since it still is the province of Cebu (if you go to another province, let's say Bohol, it takes much longer and more paperwork to get your car on and off).

I heard habal habal and jeepneys are charging quite  abit of fare in Camotes, so we avoided this all together.

We drove around before booking a hotel and I have to say that places like Fly fishing resort is just too far away on a very bad road, so we didn't even go there.

We ended up at Santiago Bay Resort as most people since they have a fantastic infinity pool and full time life guard who also keeps the place clean. Their basic fan rooms are 1,000 pesos/night but weren't available on the first night, next up is the deluxe aircon room for 2,000 pesos with barely working TV and hot shower but the tank ran out the second day, so here goes the hot shower, otherwise nice rooms with beautiful ocean views. I heard the rooms are cheaper in June/July. Wifi was only working within 5 m of the far away reception.

We ate lunch the first day at the resort and paid 1,700 pesos for 7 adults and 2 children, then we had dinner at the beach (Pitos) and paid 1,000 pesos for much better food. Tip: If you only drink coffee in the morning, bring your own, hot water and cups are free at the hotel. Pitos prices are really low, like 30 pesos for a rice platter and the same price for a fresh mango juice, 90 pesos for excellent Squid, you can really eat there for under 200 pesos for 2 people. The menu is not very big and they don't have burgers but the quality, service, speed and taste is excellent. There are other eateries, we didn't try them, only the karaoke nearby.

There is a life band on weekends I was told, during the week they are asking for a 2,500 pesos donation.

Service at the Santiago Bay Resort is good, you can pay by credit card. Jet Ski is 1,000 pesos for 15 minutes.

• Like 1