Age Difference Between You & Your Spouse / Girlfriend

223 members have voted

1. 1. How many years difference is there between you and your spouse or girlfriend?

• Less than 10 years.
    • 10 to 15 years.
    • 15 to 20 years.
    • 20 to 25 years.
    • 25 to 30 years.
    • 30 years +.

manly4eva

Me just turned 43

The boss will be 30 in June

Together 3 yrs in April.. She's so lucky... :ROFLMAO:

Edited by manly4eva
  • Like 1
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• contraman

• For Real

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I first read this I thought you was asking for the age diffrence between your spouse AND your girl friend.  lol

I maintained a loose friendship with a man in his late 70's in Toronto.  He was a neighbour of mine, about 400 meters away.  He always sat outside in early morning, and was a smoker, so for the first

Married in 1986 when I was 28 and she was 22. Marriage to her is the best decision I made in my life as she has proved to be a fun loving and very patient gal. I guess we all feel we married the lovel

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm 29 years older than my wife and she is an old maid by some Filipino standards. She is 33.

I'm 29 years older than my wife and she is an old maid by some Filipino standards. She is 33.

No she isn't. She's a married 33 years old woman. :P

Okay, so she married a dog. She isn't the best judge of species. But, I won't hold that against her. :D

She's so lucky.

Yeah. Sure. Okay. Let's go with "lucky". 

Humboldt

18 yrs difference me 56 ,she 38 special

I'm always telling her I will trade her in for two 18 yr olds

her answer you can't handle one 38 yr old

• Like 5
Semper paratus

Stick with the "Rule of 7" and you'll be O.K..

Take your age, divide it by 2 and add 7.

Stick with that age difference and you have a whole lot better chance of a loyal, sincere, and lasting relationship.

• Like 2

Stick with that age difference and you have a whole lot better chance of a loyal, sincere, and lasting relationship.

The divide by 2 and add 10 rule certainly didn't work for me. 

Hopefully, the divide by 2 and subtract 3 rule will work okay. 

• Like 1
mikewright

Me, an old 63

She, a young 60

• Like 3
Skywalker

There are a lot of minor girls (well under 18 in some cases) with babies in the village I live.

Haven't heard about any prosecutions.

I have lots of kids in my house, and it wasn't until I read another thread about this legal definition minefield, that made me sit up and think.

Sometimes I pick up the kids from school, so I guess I am breaking the Law.  When I go shopping with them to buy clothes/books or Jollibee, I suppose I should be worried.  I guess trips to the cinema must rank as doubly dangerous because I am in a dark environment with my irrepressible house guests.

I always go alone to the BI every 2 months for this reason.  It's sad, but we have to be careful.

• Like 5

Stick with the "Rule of 7" and you'll be O.K..

Take your age, divide it by 2 and add 7.

Did that! Must be the worst relationship I had in my life. Also it was the one I tried hardest to work at with the illusion of 'relationships wont get better, you have to work at it'.

Looking at the poll I now seem to be in the higher bracket and it has to be the best relationship in my life. At last I found someone who can show me a thing or two. Mainly because " she cares". Not because shes younger.

• Like 2

Sometimes I pick up the kids from school, so I guess I am breaking the Law

Unless they are your kids. Be careful though we all know that the Filipinos are just waiting for a chance to set us up and take all our money.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

While the Philippines doesn't alway word their laws too clear, in this situation, it's talking about minors over 12 with someone more than 10 years older than them

I'm not sure that I agree with you Don - well not based on how the law is written anyway.  It is very poorly drafted, and I think has a misplaced comma and a missing verb which only leads to the confusion.   

But hopefully your interpretation is correct.

JamesMusslewhite

6 years. She was 21 and I was 27 when I met her and we have been married 27 years last December 7th. We met on a beach on Okinawa so being married on "Pearl Harbor day seemed rather appropriate. Okinawa Marines called Dec, 7th "Slap-a-Jap" day, but my sweet wife affectionately calls Dec.7th "I-will-slap-the-shit-out-of-my-worthless-husband-if-that-fat-old-bastard-dares-forget-our-anniversery-again" day.

Sad to say I have been victimized more than just a few times as I am horrible at remembering dates.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 8
Davaoeno

You don't need case law because this is a matter of the court's discretion.

um, Counsellor-  what exactly do you think the courts consider before using their discretion ?  Are you telling us that the courts dont take previous judge's decisions into account ?   Are you saying  that judges disregard previous higher court decisions in the Philippines ?  

• Like 1